Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

aparently it is the same guy

May be an image of 3 people and text

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

The issue is that Philly is not a destination location. We have missed every year on bringing in "big name talent"

yeah. We had hope that Embiid and Simmons being here would attract a star to complete the trifecta. But it didnt. Maybe thats because they were both egotistical and wanted to be the main man.

Now, maybe with Embiid maturing, and Harden instead of Simmons, maybe that changes. It seems like Embiid still wants to be the man. But he has finally actually earned the right to claim this team. And even Harden has said he is just here to add to what we already have. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. We had hope that Embiid and Simmons being here would attract a star to complete the trifecta. But it didnt. Maybe thats because they were both egotistical and wanted to be the main man.

Now, maybe with Embiid maturing, and Harden instead of Simmons, maybe that changes. It seems like Embiid still wants to be the man. But he has finally actually earned the right to claim this team. And even Harden has said he is just here to add to what we already have. 

I think Embiid was being legit and (initially) not trying to outright throw Ben under the bus by simply saying the team, at the time, had "spacing” issues.  He was clearly, yet somewhat politely inferring that Ben’s unwillingness to shoot was creating a crowded floor pretty much anywhere Ben wasn’t (mostly in the paint).  

I genuinely believe it was less about Joel’s ego and more about him wanting a second/third star player who complimented the others.  One who  didn’t negate Joel’s and others’ skillsets by being one-dimensional and allowing their weaknesses to undermine everyone else on the floor.  Joel has a big ego, but I think that game effectiveness and winning is how he likes to display it.

Soooo....guess we are going to be getting nothing from the buyout market and the Nets got Dragic?  I'd take both Harris and Lopez from Orlando but even in the articles I'm reading they said if they were bought out Harris to Dallas and Lopez to Pheonix......we could really use one or two more pieces.

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Soooo....guess we are going to be getting nothing from the buyout market and the Nets got Dragic?  I'd take both Harris and Lopez from Orlando but even in the articles I'm reading they said if they were bought out Harris to Dallas and Lopez to Pheonix......we could really use one or two more pieces.

Still the favors rumor. 

I'm not sure about a guard though. 

D. J. Augustin get released? 

They'll run with Harden and Maxey running the point. I think you maybe need one three and D guy and an upgrade on Millsap if there is one available that can play the 4/5

15 minutes ago, Mat said:

They'll run with Harden and Maxey running the point. I think you maybe need one three and D guy and an upgrade on Millsap if there is one available that can play the 4/5

I understand why we need a better backup center but i think Gary Harris provides more to the sixers in the playoffs then getting a backup center especially if it’s someone like favors. In the atlanta series last year, embiid averaged 37.4 mins per game. So you are getting 10-11 mins from your backup center in the postseason. If you stagger harden and embiid for parts of the game so one is always on the court (eventually both out there but make sure at all times one is) offensively i think you can survive with millsap and reed. even if it’s favors I don’t think he improves your rebounding enough as someone like Harris can give you offense and defense (his defensive rating down but i think that’s more due to being in Orlando)  

If Harris is released he gives you a three and d guy. Thybulle is still a liability as a shooter and Danny green (who is a good stand in the corner and shoot the 3) but isn’t nearly the defender he once was. I think the potential upside down the road in the playoffs with Harris would be higher than with favors. Problem is there’s conflicting reports Orlando may just keep him. Add on getting him to choose here over other places. 

What has that idiot been doing? 

 

 

35 minutes ago, Mat said:

They'll run with Harden and Maxey running the point. I think you maybe need one three and D guy and an upgrade on Millsap if there is one available that can play the 4/5

You honestly think Harden is coming here to be off ball? 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What has that idiot been doing? 

 

 

spacer.png

Tbh i think he thought he wouldn’t be traded til the offseason so he likely wasn’t taking it as serious as he should’ve. Not shocking. 

March 10 …. Bell ringer! 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You honestly think Harden is coming here to be off ball? 

maxey will run the point when harden is on the bench. i think that's what mat was saying. 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You honestly think Harden is coming here to be off ball? 

No, but when he needs a break Maxey runs the point. That is what I was getting at and unless one gets injured I don't think there is a reason to bring someone else to run point. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

maxey will run the point when harden is on the bench. i think that's what mat was saying. 

This 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I understand why we need a better backup center but i think Gary Harris provides more to the sixers in the playoffs then getting a backup center especially if it’s someone like favors. In the atlanta series last year, embiid averaged 37.4 mins per game. So you are getting 10-11 mins from your backup center in the postseason. If you stagger harden and embiid for parts of the game so one is always on the court (eventually both out there but make sure at all times one is) offensively i think you can survive with millsap and reed. even if it’s favors I don’t think he improves your rebounding enough as someone like Harris can give you offense and defense (his defensive rating down but i think that’s more due to being in Orlando)  

If Harris is released he gives you a three and d guy. Thybulle is still a liability as a shooter and Danny green (who is a good stand in the corner and shoot the 3) but isn’t nearly the defender he once was. I think the potential upside down the road in the playoffs with Harris would be higher than with favors. Problem is there’s conflicting reports Orlando may just keep him. Add on getting him to choose here over other places. 

I think Millsap is washed, so is Favors. I think if they bring 2 guys in one should be a 3 and D wing and the other someone that can play the 4/5. Reed will be a high energy guy, but if they can an upgrade that would be a bonus.

 

If they go with one I'd take the wing upgrade and live with what they have behind Embiid.

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What has that idiot been doing? 

 

 

Focusing on his mental health.

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Focusing on his mental health.

Working on his jump shot and free throws!!  God, I just want him to come to the Wells Fargo Center and every time he touches the ball, the crowd should in unison go "SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT" chant and when on the line "BRICK, BRICK, BRICK"......Like the Vikings "SKOAL" chant but you know.....shoot, shoot, shoot....brick, brick, brick lol

The next Simmons. All about a players league but Zion fat Fing ass is pushing the limits. JJ is a guy that didn't like the Pelicans nor their GM so some if statements

 

 

 

He any good?

Just now, The_Omega said:

He any good?

When he played at Kentucky once upon a time. Lol 

40 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

 

Guess they struck out on buyouts.

I'd like to see a 10 day contract for tyreke Evans. 

This seems like one of the thinnest but out seasons I can recall. 

He is a rim running big so makes sense to match him with Harden aka Capela role when with Rockets 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.