Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

33 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I don't think he gives a f about basketball, in general and never has. I mean he literally threw gas on 20 million himself and burned it

The $20 mil my theory is rich Paul believes he’s gonna get it back in arbitration. But i think they are going to be in for a rude awakening when the judge likely doesn’t. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s part of me who thinks he really doesn’t want to be in Brooklyn either and going back to when he was here and there was always the rumor he wanted to be on the west coast particularly LA and would leave to go to LA. 

There's part of me that thinks he really doesn't want to be in pro basketball. He just stumbled into a genetic lottery ticket.  

It's like a pretty girl who gets a modeling contract.  "Well, I was gonna go to college and be a working stiff, but if you're gonna pay me for this..."

32 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I wonder if there is any chance of Curry requesting a buyout before that deadline passes. 

Through Steph's words it doesnt sound like Curry is thrilled about leaving Philly. And now the report that there was not a great relationship with Ben...

Though I guess maybe BKN has made sure those guys were on board before accepting that package. Thatd be tough to lose the best filler player in the deal in a buyout.

If I'm the Nets, he can request a buyout but isn't getting it. 

Ben would definitely rather be an IG model/influencer

4 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

There's part of me that thinks he really doesn't want to be in pro basketball. He just stumbled into a genetic lottery ticket.  

It's like a pretty girl who gets a modeling contract.  "Well, I was gonna go to college and be a working stiff, but if you're gonna pay me for this..."

Yeah i can definitely see that. It’s kind of why he says it is what it is 

He must be at the pre-ramp stage.  Then he will move to the ramp stage.  And then really ramping it up stage.  After that will be the post ramp stage.  I can't wait to check the Nets message board in a few weeks.  Right now, they want to "give him as much time as possible and not rush him" because they want to build around him at 25 years old.  This is going to be so entertaining.

I feel like there's a 0% chance that Simmons plays in the March 10th matchup. Anyone spending tickets for that game is probably going to be disappointed. 

How much would the NBA just love a Nets/Sixers Eastern Conference Finals?  And god forbid if the first time Ben steps back on the court in Philly is for that lmao.......

Watched highlights of a game from WCS from 2 months ago. His legs look dead. He had no bounce. 

42 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Watched highlights of a game from WCS from 2 months ago. His legs look dead. He had no bounce. 

Did he have some major injury he was trying to come back from?

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Did he have some major injury he was trying to come back from?

I think it was only ID'd as a personal issue at the time.  I'm not sure if more specific info came out since then.

 

 

So we got a guy who's top 5 in the league in minutes played so far this season, while they got a guy who hasn't played a minute, yet isn't anywhere close to game shape. In late February.  He hasn't been injured, but they're paying him just to get back into shape in late February. Oh yeah, they've gotta be feeling good about this trade right now. :roll: 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s part of me who thinks he really doesn’t want to be in Brooklyn either and going back to when he was here and there was always the rumor he wanted to be on the west coast particularly LA and would leave to go to LA. 

This is why I said this was more of the Nets being incredibly stupid then Morey being a genius. Why on effing earth would you trade for Ben in the same division when his biggest issue is freaking Philly and it's fans!? Not only is he already basically useless in the playoffs now you expect him to perform in the playoffs if they face Philly? Holy sheet man! Lol

They would of been better off just dealing with hardens half assing it then Ben no assing it.... Is that a saying? Nope, oh well it is now! Lol. 

  • Author
7 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I feel like there's a 0% chance that Simmons plays in the March 10th matchup. Anyone spending tickets for that game is probably going to be disappointed. 

No chance.  I think they’ll keep him out until after the Philly game.   Otherwise it would look really weak to bring him back just before 3/10 and then have him sit that game out.  And we all know he is weak.  But I just think they want to avoid those optics.  I have a hard time believing he’ll be playing in that game. 

  • Author
2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

So we got a guy who's top 5 in the league in minutes played so far this season, while they got a guy who hasn't played a minute, yet isn't anywhere close to game shape. In late February.  He hasn't been injured, but they're paying him just to get back into shape in late February. Oh yeah, they've gotta be feeling good about this trade right now. :roll: 

Harden is a malcontent as well.  It won’t be all sunshine and roses with him.   They better win it this year or next.   

27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Harden is a malcontent as well.  It won’t be all sunshine and roses with him.   They better win it this year or next.   

Dislike 😆

7F98E654-B228-4C14-BC58-50A5CEB9CBFD.thumb.jpeg.a115fd923702b1c0f0669843943de197.jpeg

  • Author
6 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Dislike 😆

That’s fine.  But you know I’m right.  

He has a player option for 22-23 and can opt out :ph34r:

FB_IMG_1645711060436.jpg

31 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

He has a player option for 22-23 and can opt out :ph34r:

FB_IMG_1645711060436.jpg

Let’s hope for a Miami round 1 loss!

Embiid, Harden, Butler trio next year?

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

He has a player option for 22-23 and can opt out :ph34r:

FB_IMG_1645711060436.jpg

Bye bye Toe-Bias

 

 

"SIELSKI: When are you taking the train up to Brooklyn to work with Ben Simmons?

"MAGEE: That's not going to happen. My wife and I, Geri, when we go out to dinner, we go shopping I'll get pulled aside, 'Coach, can I ask you a question?' I said sure. 'When are you going to work with Ben Simmons?' I said, that's not going to happen. I said the same answer all the time. Brett Brown, who I became friends with, he asked me to do it one day and I said, 'I will, but you've got to ask Ben Simmons.' And he never got back to me. So obviously Ben is the type of guy who doesn't really want to improve. Could I help him? Of course. But let's be honest - I've never seen you play, Mike - but you could help him, too. Because he really needs it. It 's a shame."

tenor.gif

 

29 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

"SIELSKI: When are you taking the train up to Brooklyn to work with Ben Simmons?

"MAGEE: That's not going to happen. My wife and I, Geri, when we go out to dinner, we go shopping I'll get pulled aside, 'Coach, can I ask you a question?' I said sure. 'When are you going to work with Ben Simmons?' I said, that's not going to happen. I said the same answer all the time. Brett Brown, who I became friends with, he asked me to do it one day and I said, 'I will, but you've got to ask Ben Simmons.' And he never got back to me. So obviously Ben is the type of guy who doesn't really want to improve. Could I help him? Of course. But let's be honest - I've never seen you play, Mike - but you could help him, too. Because he really needs it. It 's a shame."

 

 

Look....I don't know if we are going to win a championship, but.....I cannot wait to see the implosion in Brooklyn when Ben takes zero shots and gets fouled over and over taking the ball out of Durant's and Irving's hands.  This has Wentz written all over it......you don't cover up your warts changing locations.  If Reich couldn't get Wentz back to his 2017 form, well Brooklyn definitely isn't going to miraculously change Ben and make him a shooter.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.