Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I am going to be relentless when he plays well.  Hope you are ready!

And you still think I want anything but?   I hope to see it. 

 

You’re forgetting one key component in all of this   And his name starts with Glen  

 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Joel Embiid said, "I feel like I can really play with anybody and I can make anybody be better on the court." Here is what he said today at shootaround about trying to do just that with James Harden.

renderTimingPixel.png

Text: Joel Embiid on figuring out how to play with James Harden: "It's not going to be hard. We're not talking about non-shooters or guys that are limited offensively. We're talking about James Harden. You see what he did in Houston, whether it was scoring the ball and then going to Brooklyn and all the talent offensively. And he became a way better playmaker, averaging ten assists. It's not going to be hard at all. I think he's really going to help the whole team in that role, so I'm excited."

Screen-Shot-2022-02-21-at-8.28.05-PM.png

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And you still think I want anything but?   I hope to see it. 

 

You’re forgetting one key component in all of this   And his name starts with Glen  

 

Yeah, he is my one main concern.  We have the talent to overcome coaching for the first time ever, I believe.  Let's hope everyone stays healthy.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Yeah, he is my one main concern.  We have the talent to overcome coaching for the first time ever, I believe.  Let's hope everyone stays healthy.

Breathing now?

43 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

 

 

 

trading Maxey in a package for beal is a bad idea. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

trading Maxey in a package for beal is a bad idea. 

trading Maxey is a bad idea period (for anything we could realistically get)

Just now, vikas83 said:

trading Maxey is a bad idea period (for anything we could realistically get)

Beal is a nice fit as someone who doesnt need to be ball dominant. But, hes a career 37% 3 point shooter, which is just average. And hes only at 30% this year for some reason, and has been injury prone in his career.

As a mediocre shooter, even though he doesnt need to always initiate offense, he does need to take a large volume of shots to get his numbers. So... how great a fit is it really? Hes not Klay Thompson.  

Id trade Maxey in a package only for a truly elite level guy. Beal is a tier or 2 below guys like a Durant, a prime Harden, Kawhi.... So no. Cant send Maxey for him. Klay is the only guy in the next tier down that Id consider it for.

Yeah… I honestly don’t know that I would trade Maxey for Beal. I mean if Beal was a few years younger, then sure it’s worth considering. Not that he’s that old now but you’re talking about trading a 21 year old rising star for a 28 year old guard. For the long-term future, Maxey is a better bet. 
 

If you look at the numbers, Maxey’s second season is very similar to Beals:

2013/2014 Beal: 34.7 min, 17.1 points, 3.3 ast, 3.7 reb 40.2% on threes  

2021/2022 Maxey: 35.6 min, 16.9 points, 4.6 ast, 3.5 reb. 39% on threes

That doesn’t mean the kid is definitely going to develop into Beal, but I honestly believe he will be at that level in a couple years. It took Beal until his 5th season to become the 20+ point per game scorer he is now. 

I thought this was locked?

  • Author
24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

trading Maxey in a package for beal is a bad idea. 

Hmmm....I remember getting killed for saying the same thing about Dame last year.  I know Dame is better....but. 

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Breathing now?

I'm still out of breathe, just like Harden 😁

31 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Yeah, he is my one main concern.  We have the talent to overcome coaching for the first time ever, I believe.  Let's hope everyone stays healthy.

The talent still needs to come together and form a chemistry to win. I've watched to many loaded teams over the last 30 yrs crash and burn because the players didn't mesh well. The guy we just traded for is here because of that exact reason. 

Also doc is the reason why it didn't work for the Clippers because he treats his stars differently then the rest of the team and it creates tension and bad morale with the rest of the players. 

They have a lot of work to do to get everyone going in the same direction. 

Having harden is a good start but it doesn't mean anything if they can't play in unison

  • Author
Just now, Khani1 said:

I'm still out of breathe, just like Harden 😁

You're a manic one...that's for sure.  

 

Sidebar question...….what one team do, in all of sports, do you like the least?

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The talent still needs to come together and form a chemistry to win. I've watched to many loaded teams over the last 30 yrs crash and burn because the players didn't mesh well. The guy we just traded for is here because of that exact reason. 

Also doc is the reason why it didn't work for the Clippers because he treats his stars differently then the rest of the team and it creates tension and bad morale with the rest of the players. 

They have a lot of work to do to get everyone going in the same direction. 

Having harden is a good start but it doesn't mean anything if they can't play in unison

I am not expecting a title this year.  I meant next year and onward.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You're a manic one...that's for sure.  

 

Sidebar question...….what one team do, in all of sports, do you like the least?

Dr. 4for4, that is quite a random question.  Why do you ask?

  • Author
1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Dr. 4for4, that is quite a random question.  Why do you ask?

Just asking.  

 

 

Now don't freak out again....it was a simple question.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just asking.  

When they are "good", probably the Cowboys.  How about you?

  • Author
1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

When they are "good", probably the Cowboys.  How about you?

Durham Bulls....they really piss me off. 

  • Author

And khani….my lane IS stirring the pot.  

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hmmm....I remember getting killed for saying the same thing about Dame last year.  I know Dame is better....but. 

Yes. I did too. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And khani….my lane IS stirring the pot.  

You're still thinking about that?  Did I just buy real estate in your head 😂

  • Author
1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yes. I did too. 

You killed me...yep.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You killed me...yep.  

no. I said not to trade Maxey

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

You're still thinking about that?  Did I just buy real estate in your head 😂

You now?  JFC...….come on..

 

@EaglesRocker97  We have another one...  

 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

no. I said not to trade Maxey

Oh boy.....you're going to force me to go look?

 

I don't have it in me.  I am pretty sure you didn't like my statement about not wanting to include Maxey in a deal for Lillard.  Maybe it was someone else....if so, then I apologize.  

43 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I thought this was locked?

It was. Just dont post in it. If you want to respond to a Hunt post in here just quote it in the other thread. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.