Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Reworked Barnett’s deal so I’d image he likely got a year extension move some cap. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Reworked Barnett’s deal so I’d image he likely got a year extension move some cap. 

Curious what the new deal is. Pass rushers get huge money. Every NFL guy is looking for that second contract. I find it hard to figure he just took one extra year extension. Probably just voidable years to move money forward. Feels interesting though as it might be in order for Rosie to make some big move here. Moving money with him and Lane….then trade Ertz….is a Watson deal on the horizon?

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Curious what the new deal is. Pass rushers get huge money. Every NFL guy is looking for that second contract. I find it hard to figure he just took one extra year extension. Probably just voidable years to move money forward. Feels interesting though as it might be in order for Rosie to make some big move here. Moving money with him and Lane….then trade Ertz….is a Watson deal on the horizon?

Could be favorable for both sides of Barnett plays well big extension could come his way regardless. Barnett wasn’t going to get huge money the way he has played and doesn’t seem like he is in line to start either. Best course of action for him could be to extend a year show he is worth keeping here and getting the big(or bigger extension) to stay in Philly 

On the 2nd part Howie is freeing up money definitely makes it feel like a move is on the way…Can’t image it’s Watson unless he knows for sure he can play 

9 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’d be looking at WRs any Vets that might be available 

Thinking more along trading. Michael Thomas trade rumors have been mentioned. Would seem pretty crazy. N’Keal Harry? Robinson with the Bears was mentioned in trade talks. Most likely somebody we don’t realize is even on the block. I want to see Reagor, Fulgham and Watkins develop though.

Sounded like we have several G injured. Brooks, Seumalo and Herbig injured. Down to Opeta and Pryor…..with Dickerson still not clear.

9 hours ago, stine said:

Although I would have agreed with you a week ago, I now believe we did the right thing. Wentz already out for 3 months. This dude is made of glass. Getting a 2nd and 3rd may have been a steal at this point.....

Haha. Love it. I still think it was a bad trade, but less if he cant stay healthy.

43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Barnett is as average as they get though. can’t imagine he has any leverage. If the Eagles had a DE of any talent opposite Graham, Barnett gets kicked to the curb.

Cunningham, you seem pretty high on Hurts. So what do you give up for Watson given the legal trouble? I seriously dont know that i would offer much given the issues…. and I have NO faith in Hurts’ game. Since you have confidence in Hurts, what would you offer?

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sounded like we have several G injured. Brooks, Seumalo and Herbig injured. Down to Opeta and Pryor…..with Dickerson still not clear.

Are the injuries not really injuries but precautionary measures?

2 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Barnett is as average as they get though. can’t imagine he has any leverage. If the Eagles had a DE of any talent opposite Graham, Barnett gets kicked to the curb.

Cunningham, you seem pretty high on Hurts. So what do you give up for Watson given the legal trouble? I seriously dont know that i would offer much given the issues…. and I have NO faith in Hurts’ game. Since you have confidence in Hurts, what would you offer?

Are the injuries not really injuries but precautionary measures?

I like Hurts backing up Watson. That would be a great complimentary QB room. I believe Hurts is starting caliber. Watson is elite though. I’d give two firsts and two seconds. One each next year and then 2023 draft. If we can slide Ertz into the deal to lesson the draft capital….I’d go for that. Probably really need to on the money side of things.

Seumalo is a bit scary because he had surgery on his MCL. Brooks scary because of Achilles injury. Both injuring ‘hamstrings’ is sketchy knowing how our team has been with injuries. 

They said Brooks went to trainer tent but then was taken back inside facility. Hamstring you’d think he’d just stand back on the sideline. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Thinking more along trading. Michael Thomas trade rumors have been mentioned. Would seem pretty crazy. N’Keal Harry? Robinson with the Bears was mentioned in trade talks.

Don’t believe we needed to free cap for Harry… Thomas seems unlikely but damn if that wouldn’t be a move… Robinson to me is the most underrated WR in football right now. But definitely would not shock me to see us freeing up cap to trade for a WR not sure it will be those guys though.

Especially with Smith out couple weeks now, Reagor missing time, Fulgham and Ward both have missed early  practices from injuries. 

43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

like Hurts backing up Watson. That would be a great complimentary QB room. I believe Hurts is starting caliber. Watson is elite though.

Still say Texans want Hurts in a trade package for Watson if we go that route. 

I mean whatever picks and Hurts worst case scenario for the Texans is what??? Hurts isn’t the answer and they have to draft a guy the flip though is he can be the starter and they keep on the draft capital to build around him really fast forwards there rebuild.

For Philly your making the play for Watson because you think he is elite and we have two more then capable backups already in Flacco/Mullens. Keeping Hurts for insurance makes zero sense especially if he can lower even slightly the compensation for Watson. Also just don’t see is trading for Watson unless we are sure he can play 

Most people think without Watson the Texans are arguably the worst team in the league. So they are lined up for a very high pick. Franchise QB is their draft plan already. The other terrible teams in the running just took franchise QBs.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Most people think without Watson the Texans are arguably the worst team in the league. So they are lined up for a very high pick. Franchise QB is their draft plan already. The other terrible teams in the running just took franchise QBs.

That is possible but if they find there franchise QB before the draft while trading Watson. Then they have all those picks to build that terrible roster. 
I just don’t get fans are here saying Hurts is the guy he can be that franchise QB yet the Texans wouldn’t want him in part of a trade for Watson????

Even if he ends up not being the guy they still pick high and get a backup plus the high draft pick QB but if he doesn’t you have high picks to use on other players and could even trade down for more picks there will be other teams in the market for a top Qb 

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like Hurts backing up Watson. That would be a great complimentary QB room. I believe Hurts is starting caliber. Watson is elite though. I’d give two firsts and two seconds. One each next year and then 2023 draft. If we can slide Ertz into the deal to lesson the draft capital….I’d go for that. Probably really need to on the money side of things.

I want nothing to do with Watson. My Opinion, but the minute he does not like what Howie does he will want out of town. I just don't trust him and his off the field issues looms large in my mind. Would much rather they go after Wilson if they go that route. I would much rather we see what Hurts can do.....

Might only have one knock on Siri at the moment his physical practices we can’t keep guys on the field… Taylor leaving with a quad 

3 hours ago, stine said:

I want nothing to do with Watson. My Opinion, but the minute he does not like what Howie does he will want out of town. I just don't trust him and his off the field issues looms large in my mind. Would much rather they go after Wilson if they go that route. I would much rather we see what Hurts can do.....

I mean Wilson or Rodgers would both fit the same category as Watson in terms of being unhappy and wanting out of town for not getting along with there respective FOs. 

As for Hurts we likely will get to see him because still seems unlikely any team trades for Watson unless the picks are heavily protected or he his legal stuff is cleared up. 

Our old stomping grounds has live practice going PE.com

Who hasn’t wanted out of Houston?

We freed up little over 14m with the reworking of Lane and Barnett.  Think a move is coming still thinking WR trade though don’t know who though lol 

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Our old stomping grounds has live practice going PE.com

Who hasn’t wanted out of Houston?

26 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean Wilson or Rodgers would both fit the same category as Watson in terms of being unhappy and wanting out of town for not getting along with there respective FOs. 

As for Hurts we likely will get to see him because still seems unlikely any team trades for Watson unless the picks are heavily protected or he his legal stuff is cleared up. 

Difference being he just signed a 4 year extension beginning of last season. If he wanted out, why do that? Rogers wanted to stay, but Packers would not extend his contract so he asked to be traded or wipe out the remainder of his contract. Packers would not lose 160 million... Russell Wilson does not necessarily want out as much as he wants some O-Linemen. He got beat up last year, so who can blame him. No totally different situations between the three.....

15 minutes ago, stine said:

Difference being he just signed a 4 year extension beginning of last season. If he wanted out, why do that? Rogers wanted to stay, but Packers would not extend his contract so he asked to be traded or wipe out the remainder of his contract. Packers would not lose 160 million... Russell Wilson does not necessarily want out as much as he wants some O-Linemen. He got beat up last year, so who can blame him. No totally different situations between the three.....

Rodgers just got a deal from GB just wasn’t to his liking and how everything ended last year with the Texans likely player on Watson decision… and you don’t think the support in Houston plays on Watson meh WRs and no OL and been that way since he got there… no the situations not that different 

Some bad news for the Giants.

Jordan Raanan on Twitter: "WR Kenny Golladay just walked inside with a trainer not long after this play. You can see him kind of grab the back of his leg. #giants https://t.co/xCAjGffmmX" / Twitter

After being injured for most of last year, he's been struggling this camp. The Giants could be really bad this year despite spending a ton in free agency. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Rodgers just got a deal from GB just wasn’t to his liking and how everything ended last year with the Texans likely player on Watson decision… and you don’t think the support in Houston plays on Watson meh WRs and no OL and been that way since he got there… no the situations not that different 

Did you listen to Rodger's Presser? It was nothing to do with the money. He said that he had no issues with the organization as far as that went. He went on to say that Green Bay paid him allot of money to play and he was grateful. Watson was pissed at O'Brien so Houston fired him. Yet he still was not happy. If he was upset about Hopkins being traded in March, why sign a extension 6 months later? His off the field issues are even a greater concern. I highly doubt over 20 women can all be wrong. You don't hear about that talking about Wilson or Rodgers....

Archived