Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I would put Avery in the same boat as Michael Jacquet. They both have guys in front of them who aren't great, and if they can't outplay them in the preseason, then it makes no sense to keep them. Edwards had a nice INT today and is a pretty solid backup. I haven't heard much about Avery, which is a sign he's not really standing out. Jacquet hasn't done much either, whereas McPhearson has flashed a little bit.

We will see how things change once the pads go on, and it is tough to tell what's really happening from only reports from beat writers, but it's tough to make room for a rush LB like Avery when Kerrigan is already in that role and they can stash someone like Johnson on the PS to develop. 

Can only go white what the beat writers give us and for now I’d say rush LB and a guy that can give us multiple looks like Avery would be more valuable then a 5th string traditional tackle. 

My guess is Wilson/Singleton/Taylor/ Avery with a battle between TJ and Bradley at least that’s the sense i got from the early reports 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I said he's off of here when the Eagles started their "gay pride" logo LMAO

Good to hear from you brother!

If you want I can ask him permission for you to have his email. I know he would love to hear from you. He's not doing too great mentally or physically. 

Please tell FL/NC we need his FIRE and PASSION here...Aside from his INDEPT knowledge and just great intuition about football...He must NOT let that opinion go to waste...That opinion...THAT I LOVE disagreeing with...TD123...Tell him we need him to come on with the S$@t. ...I am waiting.😈

As for Avery I have actually read a few things on him making plays good in coverage etc. the only thing i can recall on TJ was a missed int. Though I also haven’t heard anything negative for either guy so I don’t think either has been terrible either. 

I did read that TJ was we the 3s though at one point. 

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Please tell FL/NC we need his FIRE and PASSION here...Aside from his INDEPT knowledge and just great intuition about football...He must NOT let that opinion go to waste...That opinion...THAT I LOVE disagreeing with...TD123...Tell him we need him to come on with the S$@t. ...I am waiting.😈

You got it man! I'll send him a carbon copy of this. 

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not really seeing work out for us that way. Been feeling like it’s long shot at first. Always felt like all we got was a second rounder out of the deal. Pretty sad for a guy that some people seem to think is so incredible. Screw it! I’m fine with him crashing and burning. Is what it is. We are moving on!

The second 70% is off the table I’ll join you.

But I’m glad this is no longer us having to deal with this.

Any word on Smith leg one report i read it doesn’t seem serious but haven not heard much on it 

3 hours ago, Infam said:

The second 70% is off the table I’ll join you.

But I’m glad this is no longer us having to deal with this.

Stance you have to take on Wentz. We are 6 weeks away from the start of the season. Even if he were to miss a month into the season if he finishes the season he plays more then 70% of the snaps. 
Hell last year sitting final 4 games he still played what 72-77% somewhere between those two. 

30 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Any word on Smith leg one report i read it doesn’t seem serious but haven not heard much on it 

John McMullen is reporting that it did not appear to be serious...Nothing from the team yet.

Having The Jags and Texans in the Colts division clearly helps them out to make the playoffs. I think the Titans are better though. Not sure what it will take to earn a Wild Card in the AFC. Colts have a good team. But they aren’t a lock for the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

John McMullen is reporting that it did not appear to be serious...Nothing from the team yet.

BoWulf reported it wasn’t anything serious also 

Sometimes people don’t realize how much having a good WR/s helps the DBs.  I predict Slay has a better season.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sometimes people don’t realize how much having a good WR/s helps the DBs.  I predict Slay has a better season.

We have the same guys minus Smith who is now hurt… Think we jumping the gun now like these guys are pushing Slay. Though i don’t think it’s hard to see that Slay should bounce back this year especially in a scheme that would seem to favor helping the CBS more 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Having The Jags and Texans in the Colts division clearly helps them out to make the playoffs. I think the Titans are better though. Not sure what it will take to earn a Wild Card in the AFC. Colts have a good team. But they aren’t a lock for the playoffs.

No team is a lock to make the playoffs… Plenty of safe bets though. Gotta like the Colts chances as much as you like the Titans who have a weak defense or the Browns who give out a mix bag most of the time. 

This may be nothing (and it probably is) but here's an interesting comparison based on stats meticulously compiled by Eagles beat reporter Elliot Shorr Parks.

Wentz training camp 2017, 227-330 (68 percent), 31 TDs, 5 INTs.

Hurts numbers so far, 47-67 (70 percent), 7 TDs, 2 INTs.

That projects to, 230-328, 34 TDs, 10 INTs.

It's not a perfect comparison as it can be impacted by red zone work and situational play. But for all the talk I hear about how inconsistent he has been, he's putting up decent numbers. More importantly, Wentz had Jeffery, Smith, Ertz and Agholor as his targets, which is a much more talented group of wide receivers.

Also, the defensive backs were so bad (particularly Patrick Robinson on the outside) that no one knew who was going to start at the beginning of the season. Also, Wentz was going up against a defense he knew for the second year.

Hurts is playing with much less talent at WR, against a new defensive scheme with much better corners. A lot to be excited about. 

6 hours ago, jsb235 said:

It's not a perfect comparison as it can be impacted by red zone work and situational play.

I think they've played a lot of red zone haven't they? Which to me potentially makes it harder to put up good numbers. Everything is tighter in the red zone and the play book options are reduced. 

15 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Hurts is playing with much less talent at WR, against a new defensive scheme with much better corners. A lot to be excited about. 

I would disagree with the top statement… Alshon might have been a better #1 then anyone we got now…. It Smith was at the tail end of his career didn’t do much and AG was a nobody going into camp…. I’d say Fulgham is just as good as either of the later two. Reagor seems to be in the same boat as AG coming into camp. Hurts also has two TEs one being the same as Ertz and the other easy top 10 talent. I’d also argue Hurts has more chemistry with the players then Wentz going into 2017 camp. Wentz didn’t play with either of his top 2 WRs before or his starting RB. Hurts spent a season with Smith and got reps with the other guys played in 4 games with them 
Id also argue that Hurts has more talent at RB going into camp. 

Lastly and it’s no fault to Hurts but I’ve read a ton that the QBs have dinked and dunked a lot because that what the O is. All and all Tc stats are pointless but I do hope Hurts has a good year.

Its not hard to know that the best possible outcome for us would be Hurts being that franchise QB not having to use our picks to get a new guy. 

Wentz out 5-12 weeks so best case scenario he is ready to start the season in 6 weeks worst case scenario he missing 6 weeks into the season 

Though if I’m the Colts I’d take my time for Wentz to come back especially if we are in a good spot after couple games into the season. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 11:25 PM, Senhorcook said:

Symantics. Thanks for the correction. Point is that it was a horrible trade. Hurts is a career backup. Wentz is a pro bowler in a league that almost requires a stud QB to compete in the playoffs. If Patrick Mahomes is waiting behind Wentz then who cares. Hurts is no Mahomes!

Although I would have agreed with you a week ago, I now believe we did the right thing. Wentz already out for 3 months. This dude is made of glass. Getting a 2nd and 3rd may have been a steal at this point.....

1 hour ago, stine said:

Smith has MCL injury and should play week 1 I was told

Just like Wentz seems like every WR we draft is made of glass 

2 hours ago, stine said:

Smith has MCL injury and should play week 1 I was told

It really hurt Reagor last season not getting experience before the season started. Though Reagor was more about his measurable talent than coming in polished. So it affected him more than I expect it to on DeVonta. Can Smith hold up to the workload we want out of him for a full season(and hopefully postseason)? Seemed like the only reason he fell to where we took him. 

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Wentz out 5-12 weeks so best case scenario he is ready to start the season in 6 weeks worst case scenario he missing 6 weeks into the season 

Though if I’m the Colts I’d take my time for Wentz to come back especially if we are in a good spot after couple games into the season. 

Like I said all along. He’s going to get injured and miss games. The first rounder was a long shot.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like I said all along. He’s going to get injured and miss games. The first rounder was a long shot.

And he could miss zero games lol and only needs 70% of snaps. Be overreacting 6 weeks away from the season lol 

Archived