Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Overall, I was happy to see us play coherently. Just think we could be alot better if you could hold a pocket for Hurts and open some up the gut 2 gap holes. It was a nice debut for Siri

Good debut for Sirianni. Good game by Hurts and I really liked the defense today. Lots of positives, a few things that they need to work on but there's reason to be hopeful.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Just think we could be alot better if you could hold a pocket for Hurts and open some up the gut 2 gap holes. It was a nice debut for Siri. I'm happy to take the W

Thought we held up fine for Hurts ATL had to bring lot of blitzes to get pressure and even still. 
This is even with all the RPO elements when the OL is set to run block like it’s a run play. 

Hurts had to escape a few pressures but every QB has to do that some of the pressure was Hurts not climbing the pocket and breaking contain. But was a good all around performance by the whole team…

Need to clean up penalties and as the OL get used to Hurts tendencies 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hurts had to escape a few pressures

Too many. We're going to face MUCH better D lines than this and Hurts won;t escape(and sets up for more injury) I want to see an Oline that doesnt go backwards(and we did for the most part),so yeah with the top players we have it was concerning to me to see them penetrate as often as they did. Most of what Sanders(and the not so good Atl run D) did was on SANDERS not because he had gaping holes to run through. Hurts can't run for his life every game,the O line needs to play better. I will leave it there. Like I said before,I thought this was a game we could win

This was a nice start to the season for those of us saying that this team was going to be better than a lot of people thought.

Anyone want to quote PFF/Chris Simms about Hurts being the worst QB in the league now? Some people on here were really eager to do that a few weeks ago. That seems like a pretty foolish take after he completed almost 80 percent of his passes, with no turnovers and 330 yards of total offense.

More importantly, this offense is going to get better. Hurts, Smith, Reagor and Gainwell are going to get better as the season progresses. We have a potential top 5 interior offensive player sitting on our bench getting close to being ready to play. The Falcons are a bad defense, so there will be a lot tougher challenges ahead, but they have a legit offense. And the fact that we were able to totally shut them down is a really encouraging sign.

First place feels pretty good. And, more importantly, we looked like a first-place team.  

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Too many. We're going to face MUCH better D lines that this and Hurts won;t escape(and sets up for more injury) I want to see an Oline that doesnt go backwards(and we did for the most part),so yeah with the top players have have it was concerning to me to see them penetrate as often as they did. Most of what Sanders did was on SANDERS not because he had gaping holes to run through

I would disagree he broke couple 18-20 yard runs and wasn’t getting touched, Hurts had couple runs wasn’t getting touch until like 10 yards down the field on design runs. 

Hurts wasn’t getting sacked or all that pressured unless ATL brought extra guys to do so.

Strogn game overal by our OL in my eyes strong game by the entire team honestly 

Disagree all you want. Hurts CANNOT run for his life against better defenses. I saw few holes open up the middle. Most damage was done outside. The O line was "adequate" against a lackluster defense. It's not going to get any easier,so I will stick with my critique. I will take the W, the pressure on Hurts was too much. Need to tighten that up

I was very pleased with the defense. We shut Ridley down, and Pitts was not a factor either. There were more bright spots than bad ones,so very encouraged

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Disagree all you want. Hurts CANNOT run for his life against better defenses. I saw few holes open up the middle. Most damage was done outside. The O line was "adequate" against a lackluster defense. It's not going to get any easier,so I will stick with my critique. I will take the W, the pressure on Hurts was too much. Need to tighten that up

He wasn’t running for his life what aren’t you getting though lmao the OL did its job kept him protected for the most part was sacked 1 time I think maybe pressured couple other times.

The view pressures I seen was extra guys coming in on blitzes or designed free runners for rpo purposes. Again can’t ask for much more from the OL.

Biggest thing will be penalties and cleaning up that aspect of the game. 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

He wasn’t running for his life what aren’t you getting though lmao the OL did its job kept him protected for the most part was sacked 1 time I think maybe pressured couple other times.

The view pressures I seen was extra guys coming in on blitzes or designed free runners for rpo purposes. Again can’t ask for much more from the OL.

Biggest thing will be penalties and cleaning up that aspect of the game. 

Very few plays were in the pocket. I would like to see the pocket hold up better instead of him having to take off because the pocket collapsed

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Again can’t ask for much more from the OL.

Sure I can!!!

But we will get a tough D matchup next week playing SF I Believe should be the good test for the offense 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Very few plays were in the pocket. I would like to see the pocket hold up better instead of him having to take off because the pocket collapsed

He left the pocket the pocket didn’t collapse those were his decision few of those runs out of pocket he ran into pressure when he could have stepped up or moved around the pocket. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

He left the pocket the pocket didn’t collapse those were his decision few of those runs out of pocket he ran into pressure when he could have stepped up or moved around the pocket. 

If you say so LOL. They were no where near "dominating". I said they were adequate and that's all they were . If Seu cut his hair maybe he could play faster. If this RPO offense is to succeed, we need the PASS option to be there more often,but the pocket didn't hold up that well many times. MY observations,you can have yours

Stupid FOX

Hyped Eagles Falcons all week then on game day we get Seattle vs Colts.

I'm pissed

Nice win. 

I head there were quite a few penalties on the O line which need to get cleaned up

A win is a win though

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wondering if anybodys opinions of Hurts have changed now?

After one game against one of the worst defenses in football last year????

Full praise for Hurts great game by him looked sharp and accurate mostly Siri also had great game plan let him use his legs lot of quick short reads. 

Now it’s does he do it vs SF the. Week 3 and 4 etc. consistency especially when teams have film on us 

21 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

After one game against one of the worst defenses in football last year????

Full praise for Hurts great game by him looked sharp and accurate mostly Siri also had great game plan let him use his legs lot of quick short reads. 

Now it’s does he do it vs SF the. Week 3 and 4 etc. consistency especially when teams have film on us 

Exactly, then year three, four, five…..how long will it take for you to see Hurts as starting caliber QB?

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly, then year three, four, five…..how long will it take for you to see Hurts as starting caliber QB?

When he shows he is a starting caliber QB string together games of good play not one game vs a terrible ATL D. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wondering if anybodys opinions of Hurts have changed now?

IDK 1 game. Not going to decide either way yet since this was maybe the easiest game he will have all year. Nice first game for this whole offense

Rg3, VInce Young, Marcus Mariota tyrod Tyler plenty of others as well have had some good games wouldn’t say they are starting caliber or more important franchise QBs 

Jalen Hurts looked good week 1 not sure why it has to be more then that after one week lol 😂 

If he keeps doing it great 👍 I hope he does but not jumping the gun on anything based on week 1 vs ATL of all teams 

I’m not basing it off one game myself. I see and hear enough already to know Hurts is starting caliber. Strong character guy with big ability. He’s a leader is maybe most important though. The team responds to him. If he can just be decent yet raise the play of everyone else ….he’s doing his job in my opinion.

I mean according to you BG he’s only put up the stats he has because he’s only played against the worst defenses. You want to base your negativity off Tankgame against Wash and hold that all against Hurts.

"He definitely is very, very impressive with evading defenders and making throws on the run, so he definitely, definitely impressed me today and he’s a very, very strong guy. I tried to get him a couple times and he stayed up on his feet. They’ve definitely got a good one.” Grady Jarrett

Player after player after player realize what Hurts brings to the table. Fans will follow suit eventually

Archived