Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

9 minutes ago, stine said:

WE have 3 starting WR's. JJAW is 2nd string, not 4th....  We have 2 Offensive tackles before we get to Toth, so not a good comparison. Not even close.

If we lose Mailata and Lane no Toth is starting… Dillard and Toth those are the backup Ts right now 

And Dillard can’t play on the right side so we lose Lane Toth is your starting RT 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If we lose Mailata and Lane no Toth is starting… Dillard and Toth those are the backup Ts right now 

If we lose either Tackle Dillard would go in then Toth for the next 2-3 weeks. Driscoll should be back from IR Week 3-4. So no, I am not worried about Toth more than JJAW. If we lose either Smith or Reagor than JJAW plays outside when they go 3 WR's. He is next man up.... Unless they Move Quez outside and put Ward in the slot.....

1 minute ago, stine said:

If we lose either Tackle Dillard would go in then Toth for the next 2-3 weeks. Driscoll should be back from IR Week 3-4. So no, I am not worried about Toth more than JJAW. If we lose either Smith or Reagor than JJAW plays outside when they go 3 WR's. He is next man up.... Unless they Move Quez outside and put Ward in the slot.....

Lmao and if you lose 1 WR you have Ward. And Driscoll can’t return until what week 6 

And you have more faith in Dillard at RT then JJaw at WR???? Because I don’t trust Dillard at RT at all. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao and if you lose 1 WR you have Ward. And Driscoll can’t return until what week 6 

And you have more faith in Dillard at RT then JJaw at WR???? Because I don’t trust Dillard at RT at all. 

Not true. Driscoll can return as early as week 3. If it had been week 6 the Eagles would have signed another OT instead of a DT...Dillard could play LT and they could move Maliata to Right. He has played at both sides and did a pretty good job.

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Not true. Driscoll can return as early as week 3. If it had been week 6 the Eagles would have signed another OT instead of a DT...Dillard could play LT and they could move Maliata to Right. He has played at both sides and did a pretty good job.

Your in a middle of a game you lose Lane your plan is then to shuffle the OL and move Mailata to RT and Dillard at LT my guess is Mailata struggles with the switch mid game. 

I’d have more faith in JJaw coming in mid game at WR 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Your in a middle of a game you lose Lane your plan is then to shuffle the OL and move Mailata to RT and Dillard at LT my guess is Mailata struggles with the switch mid game. 

I’d have more faith in JJaw coming in mid game at WR 

We are going no where. My thinking is we should have a better WR available if either Smith or Reagor goes down. JJAW has yet to prove he can catch the rock on game day. There was no one available on the waiver wire that improved us at WR? Maybe I am way off base. lol it would not be the first time and certainly not the last. But If you keep only 5 WR's, all better be able to catch the ball!

1 hour ago, stine said:

I get it. ST players are important. But when you choose those players, you also need to look at their value elsewhere. Do you not think Ward can block as well? or one of the other players that can also play their respective position? If he was a returner I would let it go.....

Return game is almost non existent now. A few punt chances,but hardly any runbacks .Kickers kick out of the EZ. I used to love the return game and Goddell in his infinite stupidity,took that away

14 minutes ago, stine said:

IT is going to be fun watching Bosa against Malaita! Who wins that battle?

Oh man, we're REALLY gonna see if Mailiata is worth his new contract lol. I think Bosa beats him a few times,then he gets PISSED and throws him downfield 5 yards lol. That's really the match up to watch. I'm hoping Siri plays the "overpursuit"

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh man, we're REALLY gonna see if Mailiata is worth his new contract lol

I want to see us run right at him!  Need to watch Mailata push that boy around......

1 hour ago, stine said:

I get it. ST players are important. But when you choose those players, you also need to look at their value elsewhere. Do you not think Ward can block as well? or one of the other players that can also play their respective position? If he was a returner I would let it go.....

Well even with the round boo boo he costs nothing really,so instead of losing him altogether at least they found work he CAN do,and while we all wish he was a star,what he does is better than getting no value at all. Smith is the real deal,Reagor looked alot better.next year we draft another TOP WR and we will be set for a long while. With those 3 and Quez we will be fine going forward. SO If Jjaw can block and break them free,I'm all for it

1 hour ago, stine said:

I feel part of the reason Fulgham disappeared was the coach. I feel he would have prospered in this offense. As a 3rd WR he would do much better than JJAW.....

But Quez is better than him IMO

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Thing with Fulgham is he doesn’t play ST. The other thing is it appears he doesn’t look great in practice. He’s a gamer more.

Not a blocker either

57 minutes ago, stine said:

WE have 3 starting WR's. JJAW is 2nd string, not 4th....  We have 2 Offensive tackles before we get to Toth, so not a good comparison. Not even close.

Well if we lose one we can use more 2 TE sets. Both TEs are capable receivers,just a matter of changing the play calls. I think Siri and Smith set Reagors jock on fire he knows he has to perform now or he will be replaced in the next draft and he will be relegated to BU. Next week is a serious test for this team. I'm not expecting a win,but I hope we keep it close

1 hour ago, stine said:

Obviously the coaches see something I don't in JJAW. I hope I am way off here as we are not deep in the WR position.....

Me too. I wanted to lose him in a bad way,but apparently we don't have alot of blocking WR's

44 minutes ago, stine said:

Unless they Move Quez outside and put Ward in the slot...

That's the move I would make

28 minutes ago, stine said:

We are going no where. My thinking is we should have a better WR available if either Smith or Reagor goes down. JJAW has yet to prove he can catch the rock on game day. There was no one available on the waiver wire that improved us at WR? Maybe I am way off base. lol it would not be the first time and certainly not the last. But If you keep only 5 WR's, all better be able to catch the ball!

If someone goes down we can hit the waiver wire. No sense doing it until that happens. I'm sure we have a few we could contact,although they wouldn't have any or much experience with our playbook week 1. I think we are trying to avoid the re-run or dipping into the old WR barrel

14 minutes ago, stine said:

I want to see us run right at him!  Need to watch Mailata push that boy around......

He will get the most valuable experience of his career next week. He's the man either way due to the new contract. Gonna be a brutal match-up.Of course Hurts can always run away lol

Seumalo needs to cut his hair to take off 5 pounds of useless dead weight

1 hour ago, stine said:

I think Ward is primarily a slot WR, so JJAW would be outside for the other two positions....

I thought JJAW was primarily a slot guy. Ward did well outside. Of coarse that was under Pedey of which Ward was on PS to learn for years.

15 minutes ago, stine said:

LOL yeah I think Bosa beats him a  few times,then I wanna see what happens when Mailata gets pissed off. The image of him tossing linemen 5 yards downfield is still fresh in my mind

19 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL BS? Really? I said right off this was one of the few games I thought we could win. If you did your research you would have known they were a bad team. They also have a brand new coach and lost one of the best WR's in the business and have a rather average RB crew and their defense is average at best. So before you call me out for BS do a little leg work k? Record this game,then compare it to next weeks game and see if you notice any difference

Apologies My intent is not to call you out on nothing we BOTH love this team you know I try to respect most football views on here and you brother are pretty damn savvy...No intent here 

Perhaps I should have said it this way, that the new coaches in ATL arrive with tremendous reputations...What Dean Pees did with previous Defenses this guy has come out of retirement how many times ? with great success. As does their HC Arthur Smith who interviewed for the Eagles HC job. Their first game with their new team.

My point was the local and National media have been beeting the Negative Drum about Hurts ever since he ran Wentz out of Philly.This from  a QB who started on Top programs in college. Who after taking Alabama to the National Championship game got crap on by his HC and benched and humiliated at the half.  a hurdle Hurts overcame with class, leadership, hard work and results.going to Oklahoma with similar success ....yet the media and many experts have branded him some kind of loser oohhhhh here it is " Hurts is just a running QB'. So Hurts destroys Atlanta our Rookie Coaching staff are Outstanding in their Debut...And the Haters want to put out...ATLANTA STINKS...Atlanta offense and D has sucked for years...That is the National rhetoric. After ONLY 1 game and Atlanta New, Reputable ,Coaching staff, Their first loss they are branded a sorry team. 1 Game....and this New Coaching staff are labeled a sorry team. Remember how the media and Experts Scoffed at our Birds before this game...Chris Simms who only got on the NFL field because of Daddy...all gotta reformat their criticisms of Hurts...Atlant SUCKS .Atlanta is a bad team is  A backhanded way to continue to discredit the Hurts and diminish the small sample of our Eagles success in Game 1. We know Hurts has to build OUR trust wit Competence , Leadership, and Wins. 49ers are next.

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought JJAW was primarily a slot guy. Ward did well outside. Of coarse that was under Pedey of which Ward was on PS to learn for years.

On Siranni earlier pressers he has said our receivers and RB need to learn ALL the WR spots and block when asked about JJAW blocking role he said words to the effect he has to be a threat as a pass catcher and he intends to reward him for his blocking efforts. I for one like this strategy of demanding more versatility from all the positions.

22 minutes ago, Trini said:

Apologies My intent is not to call you out on nothing we BOTH love this team you know I try to respect most football views on here and you brother are pretty damn savvy...No intent here 

Perhaps I should have said it this way, that the new coaches in ATL arrive with tremendous reputations...What Dean Pees did with previous Defenses this guy has come out of retirement how many times ? with great success. As does their HC Arthur Smith who interviewed for the Eagles HC job. Their first game with their new team.

My point was the local and National media have been beeting the Negative Drum about Hurts ever since he ran Wentz out of Philly.This from  a QB who started on Top programs in college. Who after taking Alabama to the National Championship game got crap on by his HC and benched and humiliated at the half.  a hurdle Hurts overcame with class, leadership, hard work and results.going to Oklahoma with similar success ....yet the media and many experts have branded him some kind of loser oohhhhh here it is " Hurts is just a running QB'. So Hurts destroys Atlanta our Rookie Coaching staff are Outstanding in their Debut...And the Haters want to put out...ATLANTA STINKS...Atlanta offense and D has sucked for years...That is the National rhetoric. After ONLY 1 game and Atlanta New, Reputable ,Coaching staff, Their first loss they are branded a sorry team. 1 Game....and this New Coaching staff are labeled a sorry team. Remember how the media and Experts Scoffed at our Birds before this game...Chris Simms who only got on the NFL field because of Daddy...all gotta reformat their criticisms of Hurts...Atlant SUCKS .Atlanta is a bad team is  A backhanded way to continue to discredit the Hurts and diminish the small sample of our Eagles success in Game 1. We know Hurts has to build OUR trust wit Competence , Leadership, and Wins. 49ers are next.

Hey Trini!

I think most on here want to see Hurts succeed. I cannot imagine why any Eagle fan wouldn't! I felt he played a great game last week. My point of contention is I just want to see a larger sample size before I make any judgment. Regardless of how good Atlanta is, we play 4 tough opponents next. Should Hurts show the same skill set, I would think most will be on board regardless if we win or lose. Just minimize the mental mistakes. I actually think he will do well this week. At least I hope he does...

Hey Stine 

Even before this New Board we have a crew of fanatics  here that have bantered about our Birds through how many regimes? ..most remaining here were talking about our Birds since the Braaaman and Ltonard Tose days. There is no doubt that our fanatics here want to see Hurts succeed. I won't try to say it Any Different than you did...." I just want to see....see below to read WHOLE Quote. I agree exactly...I am licking my lips in anticipation of an 49er opponent perceived to be a powerhouse...After we beat them😂 They gonna say 49erswere injured and without their top CB and RB...LOL. Round 2.

15 minutes ago, stine said:

Hey Trini!

I think most on here want to see Hurts succeed. I cannot imagine why any Eagle fan wouldn't! I felt he played a great game last week. My point of contention is I just want to see a larger sample size before I make any judgment. Regardless of how good Atlanta is, we play 4 tough opponents next. Should Hurts show the same skill set, I would think most will be on board regardless if we win or lose. Just minimize the mental mistakes. I actually think he will do well this week. At least I hope he does...

Idk maybe just be but realizing a team is bad doesn’t discredit the player.

I acknowledge Hurts had a great game same as Hargrave but I also can realize that the ATL D is not a good unit and that the ATL interior was hampered with injuries. 

To me it shows

A. We didn’t play down to our competition level nice to see

B. We took advantage of matchups and won the matchups we should. Ie our interior DL beating the hurt ATL interior OL. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL yeah I think Bosa beats him a  few times,then I wanna see what happens when Mailata gets pissed off. The image of him tossing linemen 5 yards downfield is still fresh in my mind

Mialata told Baldy/ Brian Baldinger he is playing at 381 lbs this year because when he played at 360 lbs he kept getting hurt . OMG...I look forward to see how our young guys acquitt themselves  Round 2.

Archived