Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, stine said:

Well, we will know allot more about this team by end of next month. If we are near .500 I will be impressed. But I will be happy if we see solid play. If we are outclassed, so be it. Just play as well as you can....

Yeah I keep saying this too. If you play your best and get beat by a better team,I have no issues.Of course I will critique like we all do. I'm still at 6 wins,maybe 7 with luck

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Infam said:

Many have been blind. They’ve seen the improvement in all parts, but would they say: Hey, Eagles will be good? No. Why? Because the Esgles were 4-11-1. And Hurts was 1-3.

And if you are blind and unable to draw your own conclusions, the team record is all you base anything on. Which is pretty pathetic, really.

Sure, few exceptions (Romo iE), but still.

We got a good team. And Hurts is the future.

Our team is average. After last year,I will take that .500(if we even get there) and build on it. Just want to see solid play and next draft will fill in all the holes(in theory). Atl D is one of the worst in the league,so no shock the stats got put up. Let's see what we do against a REAL defense next week

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was telling you I’ve heard and seen enough after last season to think he deserved a shot. So I don’t see it as one game at all.

Who else did we have? LOL I'm happy Hurts performed well. I want to see him next week against a real team and see how he handles the pressure(both physically and mentally). If we see solid play all year(which is entirely posible) than that quells any "QB in round 1 draft next year" Lets' remember Dak was chosen later than Hurts. The players believe and any early drafted QB would put us back in the BS we  just got rid of. Personally I think Hurts will be fine and continue to get better. Next week will show me alot

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

338, 342 and 264 yards passing while running for 63,69 and 62 yards. That’s his last three games. This isn’t one game. And the game before that he beat the best defense in his first start.

You cant really count last years games. Different year and teams have gotten to watch him more now and know what to do. besides who cares about stats when you post L's?

21 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hurts had a great game so did Smith, Gains lot of other guys but I’ll wait until about mid-season before I’m claiming them as starting caliber locked in as the future guys. 

Want to see us face an actual top tier D and how these guys deal with defenses when there is actual film on them

same goes with Siri as a coach great first game how will he handle things when teams have actual game film to game plan around his scheme. 

Great start for us I’m happy and hope they all pan out but not going overboard after 1 week vs ATL… On to week 2 vs SF 

Yeah Smith looked great,and Reagor did after I bashed him. I know it was because of me 🤣

Jameis Winston-5 TD's with 145 yards if you wanna talk stats lol. Winston sat and watched Aaron Rodgers play like Jameis Winston lol

1 hour ago, stine said:

Ham, don't worry. If Hurts turns out to be a solid starter, you can pat yourself on the back and tell everyone on here you said it first!  I will be very happy if it turns out that way as will everyone on here I imagine...

Lol.... I love this post.    No need to tell Ham to say " I called it"   

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well this was a rather terrible defense,so lets see what happens this next game vs the 9ers whose defense is MUCH better

No doubt. I'm on a "next game wait and see" mentality for the season. Always ups & downs with young guys. 

21 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Too many. We're going to face MUCH better D lines than this and Hurts won;t escape(and sets up for more injury) I want to see an Oline that doesnt go backwards(and we did for the most part),so yeah with the top players we have it was concerning to me to see them penetrate as often as they did. Most of what Sanders(and the not so good Atl run D) did was on SANDERS not because he had gaping holes to run through. Hurts can't run for his life every game,the O line needs to play better. I will leave it there. Like I said before,I thought this was a game we could win

Game 1...WAY too early to anoint any thing Hurts ...Siranni. JG. They  were outstanding... Show great promise...This is AGAIN GAME 1 ....WHY is Atlanta A BAD Team..? Hurts played a bad defense? That is why Hurts was Sooo good? Ohhhh Atlanta lost to Jalen Hurts and a Rookie Coaching Staff ....Soooo Atlanta MUST BE A BAD team. BS.

21 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

But we will get a tough D matchup next week playing SF I Believe should be the good test for the offense 

I am soooo excited about this team facing a perceived 49ers Powerhouse. I am betting our OL, DL, are better than the 49ers, Hurts was ready for a TOP NOTCH.... D coordinator ...in coach Pees ...BOSA vs  Mailata....Siaranni and JG a great test.

20 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wondering if anybodys opinions of Hurts have changed now?

I love Hurts man...That kid is a winner and a grinder...I really like his relationship with his HC. I love the first SMALL sample of Nick and his   Coaching staff...his game day management was excellent. Coach, QB, Team United...We are going to be trouble this year and Hurts is the future ....So yea, I'm optimistic and drinking the I just used the EMB's #1 Cliché with you.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well this was a rather terrible defense,so lets see what happens this next game vs the 9ers whose defense is MUCH better

Seen Pees is a top flight DC this is just game one let's revisit after 5 Games see if ATL is as terrible as everyone is saying.

2 minutes ago, Trini said:

That is why Hurts was Sooo good? Ohhhh Atlanta lost to Jalen Hurts and a Rookie Coaching Staff ....Soooo Atlanta MUST BE A BAD team. BS.

You know it's funny but ESP on the post game pod made a similar point. He said that a lot people who tipped the Falcons to win would also now say the Eagles only won because the Falcons are bad. But people can't have it both ways. 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I want to see if we are losing. Does siri go away from the game plan or not? I am anxious to see if the game is close if we give up the run game like Ped did

Yeah it seemed like we went towards the run game more later in the game. Not nearly as easy to do without a lead.

Nick Sirianni says JJ Arcega-Whiteside was "excellent” as a blocker, particularly on the first two throws to Watkins. He says JJAW will be rewarded for those blocks with targets in future games. He said JJAW has showed his blocking prowess in practice daily. #Eagles

I know people don’t want to hear this about JJaw but definitely seeing why we chose him as the last WR over some of the others. Blocking seems to be a huge part of what Siri wants and JJaw ability to block and help spring open guys for gains on screens is helpful even if he isn’t directly catching the ball 

5 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

The team record is all that counts.

You don't get into the playoffs based on looking good, or bad.

It’s a bs way of thinking.

So half your team gets hurt, you lose games. Bad team? No, doesn’t have to be. But hey, it’s EASY to judge a team only based on it’s record.

Honestly: Parcells "you are what your record says you are” is one of the dumbest things ever said.

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

So half your team gets hurt, you lose games. Bad team? No, doesn’t have to be. But hey, it’s EASY to judge a team only based on it’s record.

Honestly: Parcells "you are what your record says you are” is one of the dumbest things ever said.

Mmmm yea if you lose half your team to injuries and lose games yea the team is bad atm is there a reason the team is bad sure but doesn’t change the fact the team on the field during that span isn’t good 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I know people don’t want to hear this about JJaw but definitely seeing why we chose him as the last WR over some of the others. Blocking seems to be a huge part of what Siri wants and JJaw ability to block and help spring open guys for gains on screens is helpful even if he isn’t directly catching the ball 

Still didn't see entire game. I recorded it but………you know, time. I was going thru the game book last night and saw JJAW didn't have a reception. But then started wondering if he pulled the grunt duty by asking to block before drawing a conclusion on his performance. 

1 hour ago, Infam said:

The SB team had lots of injuries but wasn't a bad team

Come back when a losing team wins the SB. Injuries or not.

How about enlightening us on what makes a good team if it isn't their record.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Game 1...WAY too early to anoint any thing Hurts ...Siranni. JG. They  were outstanding... Show great promise...This is AGAIN GAME 1 ....WHY is Atlanta A BAD Team..? Hurts played a bad defense? That is why Hurts was Sooo good? Ohhhh Atlanta lost to Jalen Hurts and a Rookie Coaching Staff ....Soooo Atlanta MUST BE A BAD team. BS.

LOL BS? Really? I said right off this was one of the few games I thought we could win. If you did your research you would have known they were a bad team. They also have a brand new coach and lost one of the best WR's in the business and have a rather average RB crew and their defense is average at best. So before you call me out for BS do a little leg work k? Record this game,then compare it to next weeks game and see if you notice any difference

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know it's funny but ESP on the post game pod made a similar point. He said that a lot people who tipped the Falcons to win would also now say the Eagles only won because the Falcons are bad. But people can't have it both ways. 

I GAVE 3.5 points. The line was -3.5 for us. IDK where these people suddenly felt Atl was a powerhouse/? They had home field is all I can figure. The only other unknown was how we would play as a team. They also had new coach debut and although I expected MORE from the Falcons a win here did not shock me at all(in fact I bet alot on it)

Welp, I will eat a little crow(but not alot) on Jjaw. The premise for drafting him was as a "block out" WR(see alot of TE's), which is something he failed to prove to me. But that was under a different regime. So, if his value is as a blocker, then the premise changed and my opinion of him is changing as well since the original premise for drafting him no longer applies. So from now on I won't expect much from him as the weapon he was drafted for. but will respect the fact he is springing others unselfishly. Although I wasn't technically wrong(because he was not drafted for this),I can man up and admit I changed my opinion about someone

Speaking of blocking pretty huge for Gains to be trusted i the 2 minute offense being asked to block. Also huge for the team if he can become that 3rd guy block and catch maybe even become more become a complete 3 down back. 

33 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Speaking of blocking pretty huge for Gains to be trusted i the 2 minute offense being asked to block. Also huge for the team if he can become that 3rd guy block and catch maybe even become more become a complete 3 down back. 

I really loved that pick A steal where we got him

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying about JJAW. But also don’t forget he’s good on ST. 

Lot of us were talking on this aspect of his game. But at the same time a WR primary job is catching. Would like to see JJaw provide something in that aspect as well 

Archived