cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Epps in concus protocol

Did we have any other notable injuries

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying about JJAW. But also don’t forget he’s good on ST. 

I'm glad he is fitting in,but that was NOT the reason we drafted him, so a fail, on one hand opens the door for him on another. We needed blockers no doubt about that

Just now, Asg 15 said:

Did we have any other notable injuries

None that I have seen so far

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I say it, then coach says it  and then you guys start to think about it. This is the way

The original coach(Ped or Howie) that drafted Jjaw, drafted him as a RECEIVER, so once again you are wrong ,but taking credit anyway LOL. This is the way 🤣

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Speaking of blocking pretty huge for Gains to be trusted i the 2 minute offense being asked to block. Also huge for the team if he can become that 3rd guy block and catch maybe even become more become a complete 3 down back. 

Did we even see Scott? I mean I don't recall seeing him AT ALL?(now that I think about it)

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying about JJAW. But also don’t forget he’s good on ST. 

Sure glad we used a 2nd rnd pick on a special teamer

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Did we even see Scott? I mean I don't recall seeing him AT ALL?(now that I think about it)

Zero snaps. Gainwell is clearly more trusted as a blocker

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:
Nick Sirianni says JJ Arcega-Whiteside was "excellent” as a blocker, particularly on the first two throws to Watkins. He says JJAW will be rewarded for those blocks with targets in future games. He said JJAW has showed his blocking prowess in practice daily. #Eagles

IDK why he needs rewarded, that's what paychecks are for. Just DO your job!! If blocking is your job, do it better than anyone, forget the "pass reward BS" or you're going to get into trouble with "reward dollars" lol. I mean this is the NFL,not Costco

3 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Yeah that high of pick not warranted. But his place as last WR on the squad seems right. 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK why he needs rewarded, that's what paychecks are for. Just DO your job!! If blocking is your job, do it better than anyone, forget the "pass reward BS" or you're going to get into trouble with "reward dollars" lol

I think he'd get some catches if he got open.

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I say it, then coach says it  and then you guys start to think about it. This is the way

Except I was talking about these aspects of JJaw game way before you lmao 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Zero snaps. Gainwell is clearly more trusted as a blocker

Kind of a snub to Scott though. They shoulda at least given him some snaps here and there IMO

Just now, Asg 15 said:

I think he'd get some catches if he got open.

Well that was my bash point, because him getting open was a rarity

4 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Well we needed blockers,so glad he is used for SOMETHING

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Except I was talking about these aspects of JJaw game way before you lmao 

His claim to fame was as "block out" WR. That's what he was drafted for. I'm glad he learned the other stuff(he had 2 years to learn it) or he would be off this team

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK why he needs rewarded, that's what paychecks are for. Just DO your job!! If blocking is your job, do it better than anyone, forget the "pass reward BS" or you're going to get into trouble with "reward dollars" lol. I mean this is the NFL,not Costco

I mean giving more playing time/opportunity to players you deem playing well isn’t a rarity in the NFL is the norm. My guess would be that JJaw likely see couple designed plays to get him involved similar to how we did Watkins

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean giving more playing time/opportunity to players you deem playing well isn’t a rarity in the NFL is the norm. My guess would be that JJaw likely see couple designed plays to get him involved similar to how we did Watkins

Well that's fine. He's had those opportunities before and proved nothing. I just don't want to be on the rewards program because that will change weekly. If he is a great blocker use him EVERY play

One thing I DID love,more than anything else was this. ATL came out in the hurry up trying to throw us off balance. It kind of worked for a bit,but the beauty was Siri saying "OK back atcha" LOL and we came with the hurry up and that threw THEM off balance(gotta love the balsy "in your face" call)

I will say this also,I really enjoyed the game,not just because we won,but we saw a coach making coherent decisions and a team that believes. The Eagles are once again FUN to watch!!! In a way I don't mind some of the encroachment penalties(we will clean that up) because it shows they are fired up,something that has been missing here for awhile. Nice to see "play 60" not 30 or 20

I will say our calls on 4th downs did not look good…. Loved the aggressiveness to go for it but… Play calling and execution left a lot to be desired. 

Gotta give Maddox some credit played well in the slot and was even asked to cover Pitts on more then one occasion and held his own not an easy task when you figure Pitts is just as fast with what 50 pounds and 6-8inches on him 

I finally got to watch the game. Wow! Impressive! 
Observations:

* I am not a Jalen Hurts fan. Hats off to the young man. He played a stellar football game. No, it was not perfect, but that cannot be expected. I give him credit. He played very, very well.

* The D Line played very well. I am worried that Atlanta’s O Line is REALLY, REALLY bad though.

* The O Line - SOOOOOO glad the starters are back and healthy. Kudos to a well earned contract Mr. Mailata! Keep up the good work! Kelce is such a phenomenal athlete at center!  The false starts are SOMETIMES the fault of the new system. On one play Brooks slapped Kelce’s leg and then moved forward and was overheard saying "dude, snap the ball.” Kelce then turned and indicated he saw something that everyone has to dial into and Brooks did not happen to notice. I hope they get that cleaned up….and fast.

* The rookies and young players on offense really played well. Gainwell, Smith, Reagor, Mailata, Goedert. I need to include Hurts and Sanders in that list too, to be fair. Jack Stoll, limited reps, made some good blocks too.

* Mr Slay looks OUTSTANDING in this defense. Nelson surprised me….in a good way. Safeties could be a problem.

* Marginal penalties (2) by the Atlanta offense COULD HAVE really changed momentum and possibly the outcome. Real heartbreak penalties for them. Absolute drive killers with BIG gains erased.

* The Eagle WRs really showcased SOFT hands. It felt like they were really catching the football well. I think if I had to pick one thing that impressed me the most, it was that.

Please do share your opinions on any comment. Curious how others saw these things…or any others for that matter that I didn’t observe.

Not that it matters, but I got 3rd in my race. Good day, just not my best. Struggled in the middle. Finished strong. Passed a guy to make it to the medal stand. Got home at 2:00 am and was at the office at 7. I bet I sleep well tonight. Trying to watch the Raider game. Not a fan of the Ravens at all.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Nope. 

image.png.f12c3cf11331dc7ea25824c6edcf2631.png

1 hour ago, Senhorcook said:

The D Line played very well. I am worried that Atlanta’s O Line is REALLY, REALLY bad though.

The interior of the ATL OL was hampered with injuries but not going to fault our DL from taking advantage to it.

Our DL was a unit that was 3rd in sacks so believe last year they are a good and we kept all our starters added Kerrigan and rooks Milton/Jackson.

Archived