Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO why do the Rams uni's look like the chargers? Same colors and more importantly how could they change their colors but we can't?

t ?

Niners RB Mostert got hurt. They have an undrafted RB from last years draft and a sixth round pick this year. They traded two up to take Sermon in the third but he is their fourth stringer evidently

Just a comparison:

Hurts completed 27-of-35 passes (77%) 264 yards and three touchdowns with a 126.4 passer rating

Wentz completed 25 of 38 passes (65.8%) for 251 yards, two touchdowns and a 102.0 passer rating.

Hurts' 77 percent completion percentage is highest in Eagles history on opening day, and he became only the third quarterback in NFL history to complete 75 percent of his passes with three TD passes, no interceptions, 250 passing yards and 60 rushing yards in a game.

7 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Hurts completed 27-of-35 passes (77%) 264 yards and three touchdowns with a 126.4 passer rating

Wentz completed 25 of 38 passes (65.8%) for 251 yards, two touchdowns and a 102.0 passer rating.

Very similar. The biggest difference? Hurts stats actually mattered as we won. 

😁

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

😁

RZ efficiency - 3-3-100%

GTG efficiency - 2-2-100%

Yes, Hurts looked solid. Yes the Coaches did well making adjustments. They beat up on a terrible Atlanta Team. That is great! I like what I saw, but I am not about to make any judgments about this team now. One game... Lets take a look after week 4 or 5 and start making assessments. Everyone that likes Hurts kept telling us we need to see a full body of work before making any judgment on him. Now these same people are saying we have seen enough and all should know how good he is? Really?

1 minute ago, stine said:

Yes, Hurts looked solid. Yes the Coaches did well making adjustments. They beat up on a terrible Atlanta Team. That is great! I like what I saw, but I am not about to make any judgments about this team now. One game... Lets take a look after week 4 or 5 and start making assessments. Everyone that likes Hurts kept telling us we need to see a full body of work before making any judgment on him. Now these same people are saying we have seen enough and all should know how good he is? Really?

I think fans getting carried away in the aftermath of a game is pretty common bud. It happens after a win, it happens after a loss. We fans are emotional and we fans like to react and when emotions are high that can be very knee jerk. I think people will reflect in the next few days and reassess.

It was refreshing to see the Coaches make adjustments in game. It was nice to see coaches use the same play after it worked. IT was also nice to put the players in a position to succeed.

I hope this keeps moving ina positive direction...

As far as Hurts goes, he did exactly what we needed him to do. The Falcons were focused on stopping the run and deep passes, and forced him to beat them by throwing accurate intermediate and short throws, which is what he did. We were able to mostly stay in third and manageable situations and he was able to make the accurate throws he needed to make to keep the chains moving.

Atlanta isn't a great defense, so it remains to be seen if the offense is that effective against legit teams. But our offensive line looked really good despite some miscues, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that we will continue to put up points.

To me, the bigger story was the defense. After the first two drives, that was a dominating performance, and the Falcons are legit on that side of the ball. I don't think the 49ers are nearly as good on offense, though Samuel and Kittle are legit. They looked good against the Lions, but the Lions are a bad team.

I think we have a pretty clear path to at least being competitive in a lot of games - keep a balanced offense, take what the defense gives us and rely on the defense to keep the other team from putting up a lot of points.

Well, we will know allot more about this team by end of next month. If we are near .500 I will be impressed. But I will be happy if we see solid play. If we are outclassed, so be it. Just play as well as you can....

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think fans getting carried away in the aftermath of a game is pretty common bud. It happens after a win, it happens after a loss. We fans are emotional and we fans like to react and when emotions are high that can be very knee jerk. I think people will reflect in the next few days and reassess.

Many have been blind. They’ve seen the improvement in all parts, but would they say: Hey, Eagles will be good? No. Why? Because the Esgles were 4-11-1. And Hurts was 1-3.

And if you are blind and unable to draw your own conclusions, the team record is all you base anything on. Which is pretty pathetic, really.

Sure, few exceptions (Romo iE), but still.

We got a good team. And Hurts is the future.

3 hours ago, stine said:

I was telling you I’ve heard and seen enough after last season to think he deserved a shot. So I don’t see it as one game at all.

3 hours ago, stine said:

No, I'm happy so far. Not giving him the golden football yet lol

338, 342 and 264 yards passing while running for 63,69 and 62 yards. That’s his last three games. This isn’t one game. And the game before that he beat the best defense in his first start.

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Many have been blind. They’ve seen the improvement in all parts, but would they say: Hey, Eagles will be good? No. Why? Because the Esgles were 4-11-1. And Hurts was 1-3.

And if you are blind and unable to draw your own conclusions, the team record is all you base anything on. Which is pretty pathetic, really.

Sure, few exceptions (Romo iE), but still.

We got a good team. And Hurts is the future.

The team record is all that counts.

You don't get into the playoffs based on looking good, or bad.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

338, 342 and 264 yards passing while running for 63,69 and 62 yards. That’s his last three games. This isn’t one game. And the game before that he beat the best defense in his first start.

I don't know any QB that did not get 300 plus yards when they tossed the ball over 40 times a game.  You like Hurts and think he will do great. I get it. But you need to look at the big picture. You are using only the stats that backs your statement. 4 interceptions with 6 TD's last year? Less than 60% completion rate? Those are starting QB Stats?

Also, the Rams were the best defense in 2020. Any team playing a QB for the first time can easily get caught off guard. They had no film against him. I choose to wait before making any decisions on him. Maybe you will be right. Time will tell...

Ham, don't worry. If Hurts turns out to be a solid starter, you can pat yourself on the back and tell everyone on here you said it first!  I will be very happy if it turns out that way as will everyone on here I imagine...

12 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Just a comparison:

Hurts' 77 percent completion percentage is highest in Eagles history on opening day, and he became only the third quarterback in NFL history to complete 75 percent of his passes with three TD passes, no interceptions, 250 passing yards and 60 rushing yards in a game.

Well this was a rather terrible defense,so lets see what happens this next game vs the 9ers whose defense is MUCH better

Hurts had a great game so did Smith, Gains lot of other guys but I’ll wait until about mid-season before I’m claiming them as starting caliber locked in as the future guys. 

Want to see us face an actual top tier D and how these guys deal with defenses when there is actual film on them

same goes with Siri as a coach great first game how will he handle things when teams have actual game film to game plan around his scheme. 

Great start for us I’m happy and hope they all pan out but not going overboard after 1 week vs ATL… On to week 2 vs SF 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

😁

No,what matters is what defense you face(remember the Pats getting 6 free divisional game wins a year? 🤣)

7 hours ago, stine said:

It was refreshing to see the Coaches make adjustments in game. It was nice to see coaches use the same play after it worked. IT was also nice to put the players in a position to succeed.

I hope this keeps moving ina positive direction...

I want to see if we are losing. Does siri go away from the game plan or not? I am anxious to see if the game is close if we give up the run game like Ped did

7 hours ago, jsb235 said:

As far as Hurts goes, he did exactly what we needed him to do. The Falcons were focused on stopping the run and deep passes, and forced him to beat them by throwing accurate intermediate and short throws, which is what he did. We were able to mostly stay in third and manageable situations and he was able to make the accurate throws he needed to make to keep the chains moving.

Atlanta isn't a great defense, so it remains to be seen if the offense is that effective against legit teams. But our offensive line looked really good despite some miscues, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that we will continue to put up points.

To me, the bigger story was the defense. After the first two drives, that was a dominating performance, and the Falcons are legit on that side of the ball. I don't think the 49ers are nearly as good on offense, though Samuel and Kittle are legit. They looked good against the Lions, but the Lions are a bad team.

I think we have a pretty clear path to at least being competitive in a lot of games - keep a balanced offense, take what the defense gives us and rely on the defense to keep the other team from putting up a lot of points.

I thought the O line was lackluster and that Falcons defense pass rushers were in the back field way too early and often. Falcons O is no longer "legit". All they have is Ridley. Take him away and they have little. Maybe Pitts will come on later

On other news Hargrave starting the season strong as well had 2 sacks vs ATL… ATL interior was hurt playing backup young guys but want to dominate vs those matchups and he did.

Archived