Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I GAVE 3.5 points. The line was -3.5 for us. IDK where these people suddenly felt Atl was a powerhouse/? They had home field is all I can figure. The only other unknown was how we would play as a team. They also had new coach debut and although I expected MORE from the Falcons a win here did not shock me at all(in fact I bet alot on it)

I don't think anyone thought Atlanta were a powerhouse. I think they felt we were going to be a bad team as well as Atlanta. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I know people don’t want to hear this about JJaw but definitely seeing why we chose him as the last WR over some of the others. Blocking seems to be a huge part of what Siri wants and JJaw ability to block and help spring open guys for gains on screens is helpful even if he isn’t directly catching the ball 

LOL, saying a WR is a great blocker is like saying a OT is great at catching the ball! Who wants a WR in the 2nd round that cannot get separation or catch the ball? Seriously? We are talking about how great a blocker he is.... OK so 2 or 3 of our WR's go down. How the heck can JJAW help?

10 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I will say our calls on 4th downs did not look good…. Loved the aggressiveness to go for it but… Play calling and execution left a lot to be desired. 

Agreed!  OK when the FG was over 50 yards, but the 2nd one he should have kicked the FG. We were up 15-6 I believe so that 3 points puts us up by 12. Huge difference...

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think anyone thought Atlanta were a powerhouse. I think they felt we were going to be a bad team as well as Atlanta. 

Yeah, I said how we would play was an unknown. I took a shot and went with my birds.Put lots of loot in my pocket lol 

11 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Gotta give Maddox some credit played well in the slot and was even asked to cover Pitts on more then one occasion and held his own not an easy task when you figure Pitts is just as fast with what 50 pounds and 6-8inches on him 

Yeah Pitts had little impact. Who was on Ridley all night? That guy gets my defensive game gold star. Just totally took him away(I love it). Next game MUCH tougher and we will actually know what we have

11 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

I finally got to watch the game. Wow! Impressive! 
Observations:

* I am not a Jalen Hurts fan. Hats off to the young man. He played a stellar football game. No, it was not perfect, but that cannot be expected. I give him credit. He played very, very well.

* The D Line played very well. I am worried that Atlanta’s O Line is REALLY, REALLY bad though.

* The O Line - SOOOOOO glad the starters are back and healthy. Kudos to a well earned contract Mr. Mailata! Keep up the good work! Kelce is such a phenomenal athlete at center!  The false starts are SOMETIMES the fault of the new system. On one play Brooks slapped Kelce’s leg and then moved forward and was overheard saying "dude, snap the ball.” Kelce then turned and indicated he saw something that everyone has to dial into and Brooks did not happen to notice. I hope they get that cleaned up….and fast.

* The rookies and young players on offense really played well. Gainwell, Smith, Reagor, Mailata, Goedert. I need to include Hurts and Sanders in that list too, to be fair. Jack Stoll, limited reps, made some good blocks too.

* Mr Slay looks OUTSTANDING in this defense. Nelson surprised me….in a good way. Safeties could be a problem.

* Marginal penalties (2) by the Atlanta offense COULD HAVE really changed momentum and possibly the outcome. Real heartbreak penalties for them. Absolute drive killers with BIG gains erased.

* The Eagle WRs really showcased SOFT hands. It felt like they were really catching the football well. I think if I had to pick one thing that impressed me the most, it was that.

Please do share your opinions on any comment. Curious how others saw these things…or any others for that matter that I didn’t observe.

Nice positives you listed here. All true. As a fan I was anxious to see this.That Siri put things together rather fast. I will add Jjaw's blocking was key in springing Quez early. That tempo setter we never gave up.We kept them on their heels,so yeah you hit most of the pluses my friend

10 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Not that it matters, but I got 3rd in my race. Good day, just not my best. Struggled in the middle. Finished strong. Passed a guy to make it to the medal stand. Got home at 2:00 am and was at the office at 7. I bet I sleep well tonight. Trying to watch the Raider game. Not a fan of the Ravens at all.

OH that game was INSANE!!!! Just WILD at the end

1 hour ago, stine said:

Agreed!  OK when the FG was over 50 yards, but the 2nd one he should have kicked the FG. We were up 15-6 I believe so that 3 points puts us up by 12. Huge difference...

Early season,before teams have cleaned things up. It's a great time to take chances on your offense and see how they respond/execute (this helps for later when you MUST have it IMO).The offense was fired up too, let them play. As you know I am a big proponent of not making bonehead calls,but sometimes you go with your gut,especially early in a season(explained above). I feel he just wanted to see how everyone played under a bit of adverse conditions and although it sucks not to make them,it's ,great practice for later and making 2 pt conversions. So,agree or not,I can understand the reasoning

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Early season,before teams have cleaned things up. It's a great time to take chances on your offense and see how they respond/execute (this helps for later when you MUST have it IMO).The offense was fired up too, let them play. As you know I am a big proponent of not making bonehead calls,but sometimes you go with your gut,especially early in a season(explained above). I feel he just wanted to see how everyone played under a bit of adverse conditions and although it sucks not to make them,it's ,great practice for later and making 2 pt conversions. So,agree or not,I can understand the reasoning

I just hope this is not coming from upstairs. If so, we could be dealing with the SOS from last year......

4 minutes ago, stine said:

I just hope this is not coming from upstairs. If so, we could be dealing with the SOS from last year......

yeah good point!!! Siri looks coherent.I hope Howie takes his hands off. We can dream right?

3 hours ago, stine said:

LOL, saying a WR is a great blocker is like saying a OT is great at catching the ball! Who wants a WR in the 2nd round that cannot get separation or catch the ball? Seriously? We are talking about how great a blocker he is.... OK so 2 or 3 of our WR's go down. How the heck can JJAW help?

I don’t disagree with the fact he was a wasted pick but those bottom roster guys yea the other aspects of the game ST blocking things fans take for granted are huge.

Also in an offense that seems to use lots of screens to WRs blocking by the WRs is kinda a big deal. 

Also if we lose 3 WRs or 3 players at any one position who is filling in to help us???? Go down our roster lose 3 Ts who starting for us say Mailata, Lane and Dillard are out  how much faith you have in our 4th and 5th OT??? 

59 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I don’t disagree with the fact he was a wasted pick but those bottom roster guys yea the other aspects of the game ST blocking things fans take for granted are huge.

Also in an offense that seems to use lots of screens to WRs blocking by the WRs is kinda a big deal. 

Also if we lose 3 WRs or 3 players at any one position who is filling in to help us???? Go down our roster lose 3 Ts who starting for us say Mailata, Lane and Dillard are out  how much faith you have in our 4th and 5th OT??? 

My point is any positional player needs to be able to play his position! Putting a WR in that cannot play WR is useless! The defense can just put anyone on him and concentrate on the others. Heck, put a LB on him and see how well he blocks then!

16 minutes ago, stine said:

My point is any positional player needs to be able to play his position! Putting a WR in that cannot play WR is useless! The defense can just put anyone on him and concentrate on the others. Heck, put a LB on him and see how well he blocks then!

As you know I bashed him for 2 years for not being who we drafted. But he had 2 years to learn other skills that kept him on this squad. So it wasn't a TOTAL loss of a pick. Wasted pick? yeah,but we found value in him anyway,so that's a good thing

11 minutes ago, stine said:

Lmao JJaw isn’t complete chopped lever as a WR if you don’t account for him he will make the catch no he hasn’t lived up to his 2nd round grade nobody is disputing that be he has also made couple big catches when he is left unaccounted for. 

I mean the guy gives the extra stuff in blocking and ST plus the same production as a guy like John Hightower. Fulgham completely disappeared since his 4-5 game break out

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

As you know I bashed him for 2 years for not being who we drafted. But he had 2 years to learn other skills that kept him on this squad. So it wasn't a TOTAL loss of a pick. Wasted pick? yeah,but we found value in him anyway,so that's a good thing

I get it. ST players are important. But when you choose those players, you also need to look at their value elsewhere. Do you not think Ward can block as well? or one of the other players that can also play their respective position? If he was a returner I would let it go.....

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao JJaw isn’t complete chopped lever as a WR if you don’t account for him he will make the catch no he hasn’t lived up to his 2nd round grade nobody is disputing that be he has also made couple big catches when he is left unaccounted for. 

I mean the guy gives the extra stuff in blocking and ST plus the same production as a guy like John Hightower. Fulgham completely disappeared since his 4-5 game break out

I feel part of the reason Fulgham disappeared was the coach. I feel he would have prospered in this offense. As a 3rd WR he would do much better than JJAW.....

1 minute ago, stine said:

I feel part of the reason Fulgham disappeared was the coach. I feel he would have prospered in this offense. As a 3rd WR he would do much better than JJAW.....

You mean when he was still non existent all of camp???? Also JJaw played 16 snaps dude is at best the 4th or 5th guy he has a niche the helps the team. I’d also be willing to bet Ward get more snaps if we didn’t have the lead and turned to running more later in the game but he also had 16 snaps. 

Our top 3 WRs are pretty clear in Smith, Reagor and Quez 

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You mean when he was still non existent all of camp???? Also JJaw played 16 snaps dude is at best the 4th or 5th guy he has a niche the helps the team. I’d also be willing to bet Ward get more snaps if we didn’t have the lead and turned to running more later in the game but he also had 16 snaps. 

Our top 3 WRs are pretty clear in Smith, Reagor and Quez 

Yes, and if any of them go down we have JJAW? Seriously? You are OK with that?

18 minutes ago, stine said:

Thing with Fulgham is he doesn’t play ST. The other thing is it appears he doesn’t look great in practice. He’s a gamer more.

8 minutes ago, stine said:

I would think Ward is the next guy up

Obviously the coaches see something I don't in JJAW. I hope I am way off here as we are not deep in the WR position.....

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I would think Ward is the next guy up

I think Ward is primarily a slot WR, so JJAW would be outside for the other two positions....

13 minutes ago, stine said:

This goes back to my point of injuries if we get to the point that we have to start our 5th string at any position are you ok with that????

You feel great if Toth has to be our starting LT because I wouldn’t 

I’d have more faith in JJaw playing as a WR then I do Toth being our LT 

8 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This goes back to my point of injuries if we get to the point that we have to start our 5th string at any position are you ok with that????

You feel great if Toth has to be our starting LT because I wouldn’t 

I’d have more faith in JJaw playing as a WR then I do Toth being our LT 

WE have 3 starting WR's. JJAW is 2nd string, not 4th....  We have 2 Offensive tackles before we get to Toth, so not a good comparison. Not even close.

Archived