Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You build a roster that can support your QB. You don't constantly invest high talent in a QB to be your back up. 

Right, and then what do you do when you don;t have a QB???? You have a great team with a mediocre guy that can't throw to them(suddenly all that investment circles the drain)

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

ou don't constantly invest high talent in a QB to be your back up.

Why not?????? Don't we invest in "high talent" every draft for every other position???? Why should we treat QB different???

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Right, and then what do you do when you don;t have a QB???? You have a great team with a mediocre guy that can't throw to them(suddenly all that investment circles the drain)

Ask 31 other teams bud. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ask 31 other teams bud. 

So "that's the way it's always been" is your final answer? We have a unique opportunity here to think outside the box,but yeah no need for that.When hurts goes out then don't say I didn;t warn you. BTW why did we draft Hurts, instead of building the team around Wentz? That's what you wanted to do right?. I may  ask 30 other teams because Chicago did what I am suggesting WE do.But no need now you got this all figured lol

So "that's the way it's always been" is your final answer? We have a unique opportunity here to think outside the box,but yeah no need for that.When hurts goes out then don't say I didn;t warn you. BTW why did we draft Hurts, instead of building the team around Wentz? That's what you wanted to do right?. I may 30 othyer teams because Chicago did what I am suggesting WE do.But no need now you got this all figured lol

We don't have a roster capable of competing for a SB yet you want to invest a high pick on another back up?

Why did GB take a QB instead of building around Aaron? Why did the 9ers take a QB when they have Jimmy?

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We don't have a roster capable of competing for a SB yet you want to invest a high pick on another back up?

Isn't the PLAN for 2022???? You don't plan for 2022 in 2023

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Welp if you're happy ,with low end,that's on you

At worst is a low end starter that damn good for a backup QB and I do think Minshew is better but I’ve liked Minshew since he came in for the jags underrated QB in my eyes .

23 starts 5500 yards 37 Tds 11ints to with like 500 yards rushing yea I’d be happy with this guy coming in taking over if needed 

It's ONE freakin draft pci and you think it's the end of the world lol. Like we don't have trade bait now? For ROOKIE salary we have HUGE trade bait if we want to use it

Isn't the PLAN for 2022???? You don't plan for 2022 in 2023

They don't have a roster ready to contend in 2022 if they use a high pick on a QB if Hurts shows to be the guy. 

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

At worst is a low end starter that damn good for a backup QB and I do think Minshew is better but I’ve liked Minshew since he came in for the jags underrated QB in my eyes .

23 starts 5500 yards 37 Tds 11ints to with like 500 yards rushing yea I’d be happy with this guy coming in taking over if needed 

I'm not talking about taking over I am talking about your 2022 STARTING QB if Hurts goes out

They don't have a roster ready to contend in 2022 if they use a high pick on a QB if Hurts shows to be the guy. 

it's ONE PICK for christs sake we have FOUR MORE in 2 rounds. What other position can you trade for MILLIONS except a QB?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How do you know this in 2021?and after the 22 draft?

it's ONE PICK for christs sake we have FOUR MORE in 2 rounds. What other position can you trade for MILLIONS except a QB?

So when has a team taken this approach and its paid off?

Well back at 1/2 time. Give me updates. Carolina up 7-0 on the Saints

IDK ask Chicago and green bay

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm not talking about taking over I am talking about your 2022 STARTING QB if Hurts goes out

Yes I’m perfectly fine with Minshew starting for us if needed underated QB. 

But in all honesty likes get through this year and figure out what we have in Hurts first before I worrying about 2022 

Well back at 1/2 time. Give me updates. Carolina up 7-0 on the Saints

IDK ask Chicago and green bay

????? Not remotely the same things Rodgers is what 38 and they drafted his future replacement(or that was the plan) and Bears had stop go Andy Dalton and drafted who they believe is there future in Fields. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can also ask Howie,since you know we drafted Hurts when we had Wentz

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

You can also ask Howie,since you know we drafted Hurts when we had Wentz

And that worked so well last year didn't it. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because its worked so well for them so far... So many Superbowlzzz 

us too eh?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that worked so well last year didn't it. 

SO according to you we should not have drafted Hurts at all right? And that was back when we had 2 picks in 2 rounds,now we get FIVE

OK NM,it's "always been done that way" So let's not plan ahead or anything or get a million dollar trade piece for chump rookie pay lol. If I could buy a Ferrari for $4,000.00 I would do that in a second(and I'll sell that for 300k)

11 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yes I’m perfectly fine with Minshew starting for us if needed underaged QB. 

But in all honesty likes get through this year and figure out what we have in Hurts first before I worrying about 2022 

Very optimistic about Hurts Iam with you. Let's see what Jalen is about ...This Murderous first six games will say a lot about Jalen and Nick....Minshew could start for a few teams today.

Archived