Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s obvious ….he can’t be. Had to be humbled or he was done.

The Colts are 100% behind Wentz. WE were 100% behind Wentz.................. until Howie failed to give him the tools, plus all the injuries we suffered through.Even with Lane out this is a MUCH better O line than Wentz had last year with MUCH better WR's. Howie needed some scapegoats for his own failures and we had 2 in Ped and Wentz. Maybe someday we will hire a coach with PRO experience???? But see, Howie would have to PAY THAT person and he's too freakin CHEAP. Since AR left,name me one coach we had that came in with years of service and experience under his belt(I'll wait). Nah,never mind because that would make sense and Lurie either doesn't see it or doesn't care

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He got benched and lost his job to Hurts. That had to knock some of his Primma Donna ego into whack.

Let the scapegoating BEGIN.That's exactly what happened. Howie wants to keep his high paying cush job, isn't that pretty plain? He will sacrifice anyone he hired to keep himself looking good and Lurie for all his intelligence is too stupid to see where the bottleneck is(I did this for a living and I am not even on the inside but I can see this from here). You don't build an organization by hiring the janitor first. For all we know, Siri may want to put Stache in and run the ball and Howie won't allow him, because Hurts was Howie's golden draft pick right? Joe is right, until this is complete and total failure Lurie won't see the issue is literally right under him(aka Howie). Joe is also correct in saying it's not enough to just be bad, this needs to be EPIC failure to where there are no scapegoats left for Howie to sacrifice(because now this is all on Howie). Joe has the patience for this, much more than I do. I thought we could stay competitive after the SB year. So Wentz got his SB ring and moved on to Indy where he comes in behind other QB's they have gotten like Manning and Rivers. Except Wentz is young and they will have him a long time which was why they drafted Luck,except he decided to quit on them,but they make intelligent moves, unlike here. So yeah let Hurts play until the failure is so epic,Lurie finally comes out of his coma. With more experience from Hurts, I totally expect to become a .500 club once again!!! We will strive for those annual 9-8 seasons

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

The humility from the Indy QB just giving all his players the credit..   you just can't teach that kinda of stuff.  Probably why they voted him team captain.

I will also stick my neck out and say Wentz's MOM has NOT called Isray yet 🤣. IDK do other players mothers call the org and tell them how to run their team? LMAO. Maybe we should have hired her as HC because I'm sure she wouldn't take any crap from Howie

54 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Let the scapegoating BEGIN.That's exactly what happened. Howie wants to keep his high paying cush job, isn't that pretty plain? He will sacrifice anyone he hired to keep himself looking good and Lurie for all his intelligence is too stupid to see where the bottleneck is(I did this for a living and I am not even on the inside but I can see this from here). You don't build an organization by hiring the janitor first. For all we know, Siri may want to put Stache in and run the ball and Howie won't allow him, because Hurts was Howie's golden draft pick right? Joe is right, until this is complete and total failure Lurie won't see the issue is literally right under him(aka Howie). Joe is also correct in saying it's not enough to just be bad, this needs to be EPIC failure to where there are no scapegoats left for Howie to sacrifice(because now this is all on Howie). Joe has the patience for this, much more than I do. I thought we could stay competitive after the SB year. So Wentz got his SB ring and moved on to Indy where he comes in behind other QB's they have gotten like Manning and Rivers. Except Wentz is young and they will have him a long time which was why they drafted Luck,except he decided to quit on them,but they make intelligent moves, unlike here. So yeah let Hurts play until the failure is so epic,Lurie finally comes out of his coma. With more experience from Hurts, I totally expect to become a .500 club once again!!! We will strive for those annual 9-8 seasons

image.gif.44c3dd66df19d04a5bcf7781ac95da6c.gif

GB, BG, Joe, Cunningham, Cook, ASG, Trini, UK……………you guys are great! I was LMAO in tears today going thru the board 🤣

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

GB, BG, Joe, Cunningham, Cook, ASG, Trini, UK……………you guys are great! I was LMAO in tears today going thru the board 🤣

Haha I can feel the sarcasm.

Welp the way our offense is and the way are D is playing not sure we beat the Lions next week 

15 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

At this point I rather have them lose for a better draft position because they are NOT going anywhere.  It’s a bad team with a QB that is nowhere near good enough to make up for a lack of talent. I have to agree with some others here that mentioned Hurts is hurting (pun intended) the development of the young skill position players. And the defense. Sigh. It feels like they KNOW Hurts and the offense suck so what’s the point. Of course Im not there so I have no idea; just my perception.

unfortunately, there does not seem to be any cant miss player in this upcoming draft.

By the way, the onside kick says, "we arent as good, so we have to do something.” I didn’t disapprove of the decision. It didnt work but at least you tried.

Only works if we draft well. To do that we need to fire HR. That is not going to happen. We are going to stay in this rut for the near future. Until Lurie comes to his senses, we will be the NY Jets West...

49 minutes ago, stine said:

Only works if we draft well. To do that we need to fire HR. That is not going to happen. We are going to stay in this rut for the near future. Until Lurie comes to his senses, we will be the NY Jets West...

OH GOOD!! I get to relive my youth waiting for my secondary team to rebuild for 35 years(Cleveland lol) I feel so YOUNG AGAIN!!!

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The Colts are 100% behind Wentz. WE were 100% behind Wentz.................. until Howie failed to give him the tools, plus all the injuries we suffered through.Even with Lane out this is a MUCH better O line than Wentz had last year with MUCH better WR's. Howie needed some scapegoats for his own failures and we had 2 in Ped and Wentz. Maybe someday we will hire a coach with PRO experience???? But see, Howie would have to PAY THAT person and he's too freakin CHEAP. Since AR left,name me one coach we had that came in with years of service and experience under his belt(I'll wait). Nah,never mind because that would make sense and Lurie either doesn't see it or doesn't care

It’s not being cheap….it’s control

I used to blame it all on Rosie but it’s becoming very clear now that Rosie is just the accountant and mouthpiece for Lurie.

Ertz said he’s never seen so much green grass in the middle of the field when he scored his longest career TD

52 minutes ago, stine said:

Really weak draft coming. After mid round 2 the talent drops off a cliff. It's an OK draft for lineman(until mid 2) WR's Other than the first 3/4 nothing to get excited about. The pair from OSU are the best 2(much like Bama had last year) A nice T in Evan Neal, he would be my target pick to replace Lane(IDK how long Lane will be here). maybe 2/3 decent secondary players a few WR's of note,but nothing to get excited about. Besides Neal there IS a nice LB. SO between those 2 would be my first choice pick. We dont need to even look at RB's since we don't use the ones we have to this point. I like the QB from Cincy(Ridder) if we're going to stay with this RPO offense although once again,there is no reason to reach for him. So we have 5 picks in 2 rounds(so far) and in my view at minimum 3 should be on defense. If we dont get neal there is aG I like that could also help us. but this draft is nothing like last years stud class 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s not being cheap….it’s control

Call it cheap, call it control.

A good executive doesn't hire an entire staff with no experience at the position they were hired to oversee.

There has to be some adult leadership somewhere.

1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

Call it cheap, call it control.

A good executive doesn't hire an entire staff with no experience at the position they were hired to oversee.

There has to be some adult leadership somewhere.

Who would have taken the job?

They had to hire a Siri. The word is out about what they do. They forced everything on their SB winning coach. Bad team with a super meddling FO…..nobody respectable wanted the job.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I used to blame it all on Rosie but it’s becoming very clear now that Rosie is just the accountant and mouthpiece for Lurie.

IDK that Lurie is a football guy. I think Lurie believes Howie is and there in lies the main issue. Lurie does country club toasts, owner parties and elbow rubbing and he counts on Howie to do the lifting. Some of Howies last picks are better than usual, but there is no development once again. When Howie was in danger of losing his job he THEN "took a year off to learn to be a football guy" That's FINE if you are the contract guy,but falls SHORT of a guy that's been in the biz for 10 years. But Howie has Lurie snowed in. The failed try to make Chip "coach AND GM" only served to make Lurie gunshy of doing it again(only the right way this time). And so we wallow in our own stupidity and lack of Lurie knowing where the real problem is. We have created our own swamp 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They had to hire a Siri. The word is out about what they do. They forced everything on their SB winning coach. Bad team with a super meddling FO…..nobody respectable wanted the job.

If that's the case we may as well find a different team to follow

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Who would have taken the job?

Duce

That’s why I looked at the coaching hires as simply trying to develop pass catchers(Siri’s specialty) and Secondary(Gannon’s specialty).

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ertz said he’s never seen so much green grass in the middle of the field when he scored his longest career TD

LOL yeah AZ knows how to utlilize players. Ertz will get a ring in AZ, if not this year, next. BTW "I called it" HAHAHA (going to AZ or Carolina)

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s why I looked at the coaching hires as simply trying to develop pass catchers(Siri’s specialty) and Secondary(Gannon’s specialty).

Siri-not going to develop WR's with this offensive structure and a noddle arm QB(there is little wrong with the WR's) Gannon- just another scapegaot. We put him in the same position we did Schwartz. "Here are some day 4 players, make it work"

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Siri-not going to develop WR's with this offensive structure and a noddle arm QB(there is little wrong with the WR's) Gannon- just another scapegaot. We put him in the same position we did Schwartz. "Here are some day 4 players, make it work"

Had to think Gannon wanted LB Wilson and S Harris. Both have been bad. Wilson just isn’t very good. Harris he just needs to utilize properly.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I had the benefit of already realizing we weren’t any good

Duce worked hard,gave us some nice RB's and made nice RB's out of no name players. After years of doing it he was rejected,so he moved in to greener pastures. Can't blame him,but he knew this team better than anyone

Archived