Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Duce worked hard,gave us some nice RB's and made nice RB's out of no name players. After years of doing it he was rejected,so he moved in to greener pastures. Can't blame him,but he knew this team better than anyone

Duce wouldn’t have been a bad choice. Have to wonder what kind of staff he could have put together. But he knows too much. Don’t think he’d deal with the FO crap though…..but for so long.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Had to think Gannon wanted LB Wilson and S Harris. Both have been bad. Wilson just isn’t very good. Harris he just needs to utilize properly.

Maybe they were better than what he had. maybe a slight upgrade,but really we are tying his hands like we did with Schwartz. I am so envious of Dullaz new LB's.We could have had one and the year before that most of us had a CB picked out for round 2 when Howie took Hurts. Getting Slay was the best move,but he is only 1 piece

Duce wouldn’t have been a bad choice. Have to wonder what kind of staff he could have put together. But he knows too much. Don’t think he’d deal with the FO crap though…..but for so long.

Yeah,I think he saw "Howie the ruler" and decided to get the hell outta Dodge

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Maybe they were better than what he had. maybe a slight upgrade,but really we are tying his hands like we did with Schwartz. I am so envious of Dullaz new LB's.We could have had one and the year before that most of us had a CB picked out for round 2 when Howie took Hurts. Getting Slay was the best move,but he is only 1 piece

Jeremy Chinn was who I was pounding the table for instead of Hurts…I’m sure you remember

12 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

If that's the case we may as well find a different team to follow

Very frustrating

Jeremy Chinn was who I was pounding the table for instead of Hurts…I’m sure you remember

Yep, I had someone else(forgot who) .If we had Chinn, Minshew/Flacco would be our BU QB's to Wentz right now. Howie reminds me of the little kids that get new toys,dont take care of them destroy them so they can get more new toys 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But we had no money. Could only fix so many problems with the draft.

Lurie is a figurehead. Although he is "the boss" Howie runs the ship and he convinces Lurie he know what he's doing. Conceptually he might,but min actuality it's hit an miss. There is no structured plan he follows. Every year he "wings it" and that shows why we will rebuild to a .500 team and stop there again. There were some nice FA's that came late that could have really helped our defense and we we're "outbid" At some point Howie needs to spend on the RIGHT PLAYERS. Noone wants to play here and just matching offers means they go to the other team

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gannon is making Schwartz look like a genius

Agreed,but once again how do we know? He's using bottom barrel players. Schwartz was better simply because he had been doing it here so long. Some things for Gannon will sink in over time,but that's not the same as getting top flight players. Only then do you see how good the coaching hire was

I'm still SMH over KC. They have terrific players on offense, they should be outscoring everyone. Apparently the "how to stop Mahomes for dummies" has made it full circle

BTW Ham we DO have some nice draftees in here now. Howie's drafts weren't totally terrible(on offense). I hope Dickerson pans out once he regains his health. Barnett and Dillard were only "fair" in my eyes we could have done better. This teams defense has always been built on a shaky secondary BUT a SUPERB pass rush and that is not there again this year and it shows. Kelce will retire soon, lane has "issues" so I suspect some more O line draftees coming in. Here are my round 1 choices at this point. I hope to get 2 in any order.I would only take Ridder if the others are gone  No particular order- Ridder-QB cincy   Gardner-CB -cincy  Neal-OT(right side)-Bama- Olave/Wilson-WR's-OSU-  Hutchinson-DE-Michigan

Round 2 "likes" McClain-OLB-Auburn Elam-CB-Florida Munford G/T-OSU Brisker-S Penn Metchie-WR-Bama

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW Ham we DO have some nice draftees in here now. Howie's drafts weren't totally terrible(on offense). I hope Dickerson pans out once he regains his health. Barnett and Dillard were only "fair" in my eyes we could have done better. This teams defense has always been built on a shaky secondary BUT a SUPERB pass rush and that is not there again this year and it shows. Kelce will retire soon, lane has "issues" so I suspect some more O line draftees coming in. Here are my round 1 choices at this point. I hope to get 2 in any order.I would only take Ridder if the others are gone  No particular order- Ridder-QB cincy   Gardner-CB -cincy  Neal-OT(right side) Olave/Wilson-WR's  Hutchinson-DE-Michigan

I’m looking Secondary. Gotta take at least two DBs out of the first four picks. Dickerson has not been looking like a good pick at all. He’s getting experience at least. Hopefully he pans out.

SOMEONE is going to get Aaron Rodgers. I suspect that will be either the Saints or Denver,but if we can make this team appealing on offense we could have a shot,although we are back to the Alhpa attitude

I’m looking Secondary. Gotta take at least two DBs out of the first four picks. Dickerson has not been looking like a good pick at all. He’s getting experience at least. Hopefully he pans out.

rushed back from injury because we had no choice(again) he was also drafted as a CENTER not a G. maybe someday we will use players at their proper positions

If you look over my choices there are 2 DB's in the first 4 picks(Gardner,Elam,Brisker)

This is when you figured maybe things will start getting better. Coming off a mini-bye against a Raiders team playing with an interim head coach that lost two of its last three games in a stadium packed with Eagles fans. Yeah, about that…. This wasn’t just a loss, it was an organization-wide embarrassment. Every scout, player and coach in the NovaCare Complex ought to be flat-out embarrassed to be a part of a franchise that could play such a pitiful brand of football. If you want to blame Howie or the coaching staff or the players, you’re missing the point. It’s all of them. It’s everybody. When you reach this level of ineptitude, nobody involved should be able to look at themselves in the mirror and not feel like they played a role in this disaster. They can’t score. They can’t call plays. They can’t stop anybody. When they finally do something right, somebody ruins it with a turnover, mistake or penalty. Top to bottom, a catastrophe.

I'm waiting for the OSU/Michigan game to see if Hutch can get to the QB. Will be a good test for him (you can also see Munford and the OSU WR's in this one)

There was a point Sunday – from 6:11 left in the second quarter to 6:15 left in the third quarter – where the Raiders ran 38 plays and scored 30 points, and the Eagles ran SEVEN PLAYS. How is that even possible? 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is when you figured maybe things will start getting better. Coming off a mini-bye against a Raiders team playing with an interim head coach that lost two of its last three games in a stadium packed with Eagles fans. Yeah, about that…. This wasn’t just a loss, it was an organization-wide embarrassment. Every scout, player and coach in the NovaCare Complex ought to be flat-out embarrassed to be a part of a franchise that could play such a pitiful brand of football. If you want to blame Howie or the coaching staff or the players, you’re missing the point. It’s all of them. It’s everybody. When you reach this level of ineptitude, nobody involved should be able to look at themselves in the mirror and not feel like they played a role in this disaster. They can’t score. They can’t call plays. They can’t stop anybody. When they finally do something right, somebody ruins it with a turnover, mistake or penalty. Top to bottom, a catastrophe.

Yep what I said before lol I have been talking about INCOHERENT play. This just sums it all up and like I said before if we played well and lost to a better team,I have NP with that,but this is just a total disaster. This is a great little article,I HOPE LURIE READS IT

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

There was a point Sunday – from 6:11 left in the second quarter to 6:15 left in the third quarter – where the Raiders ran 38 plays and scored 30 points, and the Eagles ran SEVEN PLAYS. How is that even possible? 

We found a way with "leadership" HAHAHA

BTW not only did they have all of the above, they lost Jacobs and they had their 3rd string TE in(who I liked in that draft Moreau). Waller didnt even play

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW not only did they have all of the above, they lost Jacobs and they had their 3rd string TE in(who I liked in that draft Moreau). Waller didnt even play

Their Oline isn’t anything. We should have feasted on them

LAS VEGAS (AP) Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr found inactive tight end Darren Waller on the sideline during Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles to let him know ''how weird'' it was not having his top target on the field.

''I joked around, `that's 20 targets I gotta disburse to some other targets now,''' Carr told Waller.

No problem.

Carr threw for 323 yards, completing 31 of 34 pass attempts with one touchdown, and Las Vegas defeated the Eagles, 33-22.

Carr's 91.1% completion percentage was a career best and the second-best single-game percentage in NFL history behind Drew Brees (96.7%), on a minimum of 30 attempts.

''We can all see the relationship that him and (offensive coordinator) Greg Olson have running this offense, it's just really coming to fruition,'' Raiders interim coach Rich Bisaccia said. ''Off the field, Derek is the voice of the Raiders right now. The players always want to listen to him.

Their Oline isn’t anything. We should have feasted on them

Jacobs was destroying us until he went down

Archived