Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

17 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Difference I can see and acknowledge Hurts is a backup at best QB, Siri is in over his head both are accurate and true….

I thought we were discussing how much the Raiders dominated us. I’m pointing out just very obvious simple mistakes that made it that way. Without those three mistakes it could have been tied at the half. And sure there are plenty of mistakes we can talk about. But the coach accepting a penalty instead of declining it is an expectation. False start penalties aren’t very acceptable either, especially on third down. A fumble just spotting them a field goal right before the half….very fixable and was so unneeded. We can point to a million things. But those three are just basic. Then we don’t make the fourth mistake that buried us by onside kicking to start the second half.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

thought we were discussing how much the Raiders dominated us. I’m pointing out just very obvious simple mistakes that made it that way

Sooo Hurts missing easy targets isn’t part of that???? Your point at 4 instances in a game that played a part into it but wasn’t the sole reason that my issue with you you do everything to avoid Hurts poor play you making sooooo many excuses for him 

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Without those three mistakes it could have been tied at the half.

Or it could have been the same exact result lmao because we weren’t moving the ball well before those either…. hurts was missing targets why he completely around 50% we are seeing the same guy I said he was last year 

37 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Or it could have been the same exact result lmao because we weren’t moving the ball well before those either…. hurts was missing targets why he completely around 50% we are seeing the same guy I said he was last year 

We drove down and scored on the first series actually. Were driving past midfield on the third down false start. The accepted penalty by Siri kept our own offense from taking the field. Only had seven offensive plays in over a quarters time. Gotta have the ball to move it. Helps if you aren’t so cold because the defense doesn’t stop anybody.

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We drove down and scored on the first series actually. Were driving past midfield on the third down false start. The accepted penalty by Siri kept our own offense from taking the field. Only had seven offensive plays in over a quarters time. Gotta have the ball to move it. Helps if you aren’t so cold because the defense doesn’t stop anybody.

And we punted twice after that score…..  it was all the false start lmao 

Yes completely Siri fault he fumbled completely Siri fault that we gave up a 3rd and 13… Completely Siri fault Hurts took a sack on 3rd down… Completely Siri fault Hurts can’t hit water falling out of a boat.

Completely Siri fault the he opted for an onside kick when the defense could not stop anyone and if they just executed better should have gotten the ball…

The excuses is UNREAL with you, you make every single excuse under the sun for why it isn’t Hurts fault yet you loved to pin point the bad throws of Wentz in the pouring rain in a game he dropped 30 points in and still threw better then Hurts 

Just pointing out how things snowballed. Yes it was Siri fault we gave up a 3 and 13. It was 4th and 2 and their punt team was coming out. They were already stopped!

We are the most penalized team in the league. I’d put that on Siri also that we are so undisciplined. The Gainwell fumble….yeah I could easily ,in hindsight especially, be leery of handing off to the rookie on that situation.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We are the most penalized team in the league. I’d put that on Siri also that we are so undisciplined. The Gainwell fumble….yeah I could easily ,in hindsight especially, be leery of handing off to the rookie on that situation.

Then you would cry we don’t run lmao you can’t win for losing with you just sad he runs a rookie fumbles oh well… Let’s not talk about Hurts fumble though, or hurts incomplete passes or just all around how terrible hurts been for weeks 

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Our Oline looked soo bad

They weren’t perfect or even great, BUT…re-watch the game and focus on the line. They are creating a pocket for Hurts, but he doesnt step UP…he steps out, or worse…BACK…right into both DEs. Hopefully he learns.

Hey, Flacco back to the Jets…just in time to provide insight into Philly’s offensive offense. Haha.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I broke it down to four plays. Siri just accepting that penalty kept their drive alive instead of them punting. When we were driving Dickerson false started turning a 3rd and 2 into 3rd and 8. On their side of the field. The fumble right before the half gives them 3 points. Then the onside kick to start the second half. It’s easily a 14- 10 game at halftime of the first three things don’t happen. Tied…or down 4 we don’t onside kick to start the second half. Everything is completely different right there.

UH He's a rookie coach but we're not cutting him the same slack we cut Ped?

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He did so much wrong in the seven plays we had of offense while they put up 30 points. LOL….game didn’t have to be a blowout. Not saying we would have won but those three huge mistakes were very avoidable. Then we don’t even consider the fourth mistake that finished us off.

The first mistake was the round 2 pick in the 2020 draft

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hurts can’t hit water falling out of a boat.

LMFAO I love this!! HAHAHAHAHA

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So, if we cannot overcome the first mistake we are not professionals, just whiny pimp losers. Your team needs to be good enough to overcome mistakes,suck it up when a bad call goes against you and "play through" If you're gonna fold at the first wittle boo boo, then run home to mommy before the game even starts because you need to go back to pee wee's and mommys crying towel

BTW a 6th for Flacco was  good!!! Now we can move Hurts to the #2 spot(lol) play stache, pick up a rook QB next draft and let them battle it out in camp

3 hours ago, Senhorcook said:
14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Our Oline looked soo bad

They weren’t perfect or even great, BUT…re-watch the game and focus on the line. They are creating a pocket for Hurts, but he doesnt step UP…he steps out, or worse…BACK…right into both DEs. Hopefully he learns.

Hey, Flacco back to the Jets…just in time to provide insight into Philly’s offensive offense. Haha.

Courtesy of ASG:
Jalen Hurts yesterday: time to throw: 3.38 sec (longest in NFL) 52.9% comp (2nd worst) Hurts is one of four QBs to avg more than 3 seconds before throwing (Z. Wilson, Jackson, Winston)

5 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Completely Siri fault Hurts can’t hit water falling out of a boat.

Priceless! lmao

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW a 6th for Flacco was  good!!! Now we can move Hurts to the #2 spot(lol) play stache, pick up a rook QB next draft and let them battle it out in camp

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/10/eagles-nick-sirianni-discusses-quarterback-depth-chart-after-joe-flacco-trade-will-jalen-hurts-role-change.html

Following Monday’s trade of backup quarterback Joe Flacco to the Jets, Sirianni spoke to the media and reinforced his confidence in Hurts, who has struggled in recent weeks. The Eagles are 2-5 after their latest disappointing loss to the Las Vegas Raiders, and concerns about Hurts’ ability haven’t been quieted over the past couple of weeks.

Still, Sirianni isn’t swaying.

"I have a ton of faith in Jalen,” Sirianni said. "He will be our starting quarterback.”

WTH!  :dope-slap:

5 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Completely Siri fault Hurts can’t hit water falling out of a boat.

It's funny...  not as good as the one where Hurts would have stopped it from raining.    😆

Having the most time to throw and being the 2nd worst is damning. More damning to whom, not sure. Seemed like we forgot WR2 and WR3 existed until Q4.

Hurts is a QB2 and both Sirianni and Gannon are Practice Squad coaches.

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Hurts is a QB2 and both Sirianni and Gannon are Practice Squad coaches.

Only a fool would give the 3 top positions on a pro football team to coaches who never had held the position

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Only a fool would give the 3 top positions on a pro football team to coaches who never had held the position

What did you think about this with Andy Reid and Jim Johnson?   Just a thought, perhaps players matter?

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What did you think about this with Andy Reid and Jim Johnson?   Just a thought, perhaps players matter?

Jimmy Johnson was a head coach in College and also a DC for 1 year in 1997 for Colts... Not like he was a rookie.... Big difference.

Archived