Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Heck Jimmy Johnson held positions as D-Line coach for 4 years. He coach D-Backs and did a great job I read. He also coached LB's for a few years. The dude had more experience than some DC's....

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What did you think about this with Andy Reid and Jim Johnson?   Just a thought, perhaps players matter?

What Stine said

21 minutes ago, stine said:

Heck Jimmy Johnson held positions as D-Line coach for 4 years. He coach D-Backs and did a great job I read. He also coached LB's for a few years. The dude had more experience than some DC's....

He was also the DC for the colts in 96-97 

Our coaches are green I’m fine with it though let them grow into the job he’ll Sean McDermott was green we fired him and he became a pretty good coach 

16 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

He was also the DC for the colts in 96-97 

Yes, I said that above...

14 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Our coaches are green I’m fine with it though let them grow into the job he’ll Sean McDermott was green we fired him and he became a pretty good coach 

elsewhere

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Yes, I said that above...

I seen it after I posted lol sorry about that 

Has anyone else noticed all the former Eagles players who are now contributing on BETTER teams?

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

elsewhere

True and maybe him getting paired with Ron Rivera in Carolina is what made him a good coach or maybe we just didn’t give him the time to develop into that coach here in Philly he basically got thrust into action after JJ and we replaced him within a year for a OL coach 

1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

Has anyone else noticed all the former Eagles players who are now contributing on BETTER teams?

Like Wentz we all should have seen that coming been saying CBs for years have done better outside of Philly, Hicks finely got healthy outside of got awhile 

Ertz though think he just getting more opportunities and is basically the 3rd 4th option on a loaded AZ offense 

I feel like Gannon biggest issue is the lack of Lbs feel like his scheme relies on LB play more so then any other coach we had. And so far he hasn’t been able to adjust to make the scheme work with out them. 

1 hour ago, stine said:

So for 1 year of Jim ...not Jinmy,that was the Dallas coach.... 1 year of being a DC makes the huge difference?    It wasn't Dawkins ...etc?

11 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LMFAO I spit out my coffee on the first paragraph(Eagles QB factory continues to crank them out) LMFAO HAHAHAHAHA OMG the SPIN is incredible!!! Yeah we "cranked out Wentz"  and gave him away(no worse yet, we paid for another team to take him) LMFAO. We got Flac off the FA list and picked up minshew. How is this a QB factory? And BTW if you made cars,wouldn't you keep the best one for yourself?

Still, Sirianni isn’t swaying.

"I have a ton of faith in Jalen,” Sirianni said. "He will be our starting quarterback.”      my comment-YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

True and maybe him getting paired with Ron Rivera in Carolina is what made him a good coach or maybe we just didn’t give him the time to develop into that coach here in Philly he basically got thrust into action after JJ and we replaced him within a year for a OL coach 

Or maybe Dawkins leaving and the players not being as good was a major factor?

I will disagree. I have NP with a greenie growing on the job. Still if you can't see Hurts is killing your WR development,I have swamp land to sell you. If you were growing as a coach, the light over your freakin head should be on and rotating red. Keeping things the same means you are keeping things the same. There is no growth in that. As a coach you have 52 other players to think about not ONE 

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Sure this is now basically a farm club for 30 other teams(I will put the Jets in that class with us) Great place to go to get paid,learn a few skills,then ,move on to REAL football. It's a nice interim between college and the "pros" to be here

Like Wentz we all should have seen that coming been saying CBs for years have done better outside of Philly, Hicks finely got healthy outside of got awhile 

Ertz though think he just getting more opportunities and is basically the 3rd 4th option on a loaded AZ offense 

He scored a TD in his second game. Our WR's can't even do that

53 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I feel like Gannon biggest issue is the lack of Lbs feel like his scheme relies on LB play more so then any other coach we had. And so far he hasn’t been able to adjust to make the scheme work with out them. 

Team Yugo is NOT winning any Nascar events

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He scored a TD in his second game. Our WR's can't even do that

1st game

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

1st game

Right lol my mistake

Man, all the anger already.   It's only 7 games....I thought the entire fan base was in love with Hurts after we got rid of the evil guy in Indy.    Playing hero ball in the rain the other night.. 

I was thinking this would take time, oh have the tables turned.    Maybe Hurts was better last year because you needed a track star at QB to run away from the rush every other play?      Now that you need real football he isn't that good.... and the previous guy is actually playing real football again and looks good.   SHOCKING!!!!! 

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Man, all the anger already.   It's only 7 games....I thought the entire fan base was in love with Hurts after we got rid of the evil guy in Indy.    Playing hero ball in the rain the other night.. 

I was thinking this would take time, oh have the tables turned.    Maybe Hurts was better last year because you needed a track star at QB to run away from the rush every other play?      Now that you need real football he isn't that good.... and the previous guy is actually playing real football again and looks good.   SHOCKING!!!!! 

I well stated I was not a fan of the Hurts pick. Regardless if Wentz had a bad year or otherwise(which we didn't forsee at the time Hurts was drafted) SO Ped finally had to make the move to Hurts. I guess Siri will wait until week 13 also.Of course by then you look like a moron for waiting. other team getting better as the season goes on(despite injuries) and we languish in this self made euphoric state that We have all the tools we need to win the SB next year. All we need is Hurts to grow. That fallacy will continue to embarrass us all year. By week 13 if Lurie doesn't see a problem,then he is the worst owner in history and he needs to sell this team for it's own good

Archived