Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

21 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Huge news for the Eagles with Kamara getting suspended saying at least 6 games possibly more. Already thought he saints would be bad this year so this should help our draft pick from them. 

Dream scenario would be landing a top 5 pick from them. If Hurts is the guy get a top 5 guys to build around him if he isn’t have a top 5 pick to get a new QB 

Get William Anderson would be incredible. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine what this team could be with over 50 mil more additional in talent?

And we traded a first round pick away

Then if you really were ‘All In’ actually used next year’s draft picks to trade up for more talent this year

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Imagine being Dallas and not signing any free agents of impact since T.O.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

They’ve had a better regular season than us 3 out of the last four years…..even with having a terrible HC. The one season we had a better regular season record it was only by one win.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They’ve had a better regular season than us 3 out of the last four years…..even with having a terrible HC. The one season we had a better regular season record it was only by one win.

Superbowl and playoffs... thank you

Cowboys just been screwing up with terrible Head Coaching…..thank goodness. Not for lack of talent.

Boston College top Oline tore ACL. He was supposedly the best G in this coming draft class. Their QB Jurkovic is arguably the third best QB coming to this next draft. Could have some fairly major effects on the 2023 draft class.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cowboys just been screwing up with terrible Head Coaching…..thank goodness. Not for lack of talent.

Well, they lost Connor Williams Guard, Amari Cooper and Cedrick Williams WR plus Randy Gregory DE. All Cap casualties. You may say Wilson was not a big deal, but he may prove to be the biggest loss due to his age.

The cowboys owner has his strengths but he’s been the main one holding them back also. His contract negotiation has been dodgy. Everybody knows he’s a tough negotiator. So he plays hard ball and won’t budge.  But that does force him into utilizing the tag way too much. Does force very good players out of town a bunch. The Pats seem to get praised for the way they seemingly let a top FA walk every other season. Cowboys somewhere in between on this. Letting Byron Jones walk was wise. But, like No Mas suggests, they also get forced into these tough contracts to absorb. He’s been drafting so well it’s covered for much of his bad contract negotiations. His having to rule with the iron fist has really hampered the team with weak Head Coaching though.

Titans Burks can’t practice because of asthma. Seems like a pretty big deal. Not like you are endlessly running in these OTAs. 

19 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Because we lacked the ability to sign guys lol because we don’t still have cap space???? And that first round pick we traded away is looking even more likely to be a high draft pick???? 

Besides that majority of that 50m going to go to your boy Hurts next year anyway since you want to keep him. 

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Imagine of they were able to sign free agents though.   Something the Eagles have been able to do because of how they handle contracts. 

Basically again...the Eagles have been able to sign guys..they have just failed a lot.   Dallas hasn't even had the opportunity.   

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The cowboys owner has his strengths but he’s been the main one holding them back also. His contract negotiation has been dodgy. Everybody knows he’s a tough negotiator. So he plays hard ball and won’t budge.  But that does force him into utilizing the tag way too much. Does force very good players out of town a bunch. The Pats seem to get praised for the way they seemingly let a top FA walk every other season. Cowboys somewhere in between on this. Letting Byron Jones walk was wise. But, like No Mas suggests, they also get forced into these tough contracts to absorb. He’s been drafting so well it’s covered for much of his bad contract negotiations. His having to rule with the iron fist has really hampered the team with weak Head Coaching though.

No Mas suggests that Jerry is an idiot when it comes to contracts... whatever "hardball" you may think he plays.. the facts are that he overpays guys.... and does it in such huge fashion to where it kills his cap.   

Congrats on drafting well... it's also part of his marketing...the fact that his players get overhyped.  Then he is forced to go overboard after failing to get a reasonable deal done early,because he overhypes them.   

Most overhyped and overpaid team in the league.    But it's coaching though... Jimmy Johnson and Parcells were the problem,  not Jerry.    Lol.   

I’m not talking Jimmy Johnson when they won SB. I’m talking recently. I’m talking Coach Clap. Talking McCarthy. Terrible HC holding back talent.

Why I am the only one that questions whether we have the coaching to take things to where we wish to go.

I’d say that Dallas had enough talented players to win it all last year.

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’d say that Dallas had enough talented players to win it all last year.

So...

1.  Idk about Dallas having the talent to win it all last year.. . They certainly hype their players well.

2.  Agreed 100% the current coach is not great.  To me #1 reason why Rodgers only has one ring. 

3.  I don't think you are alone in questioning a young coach in his 2nd year.   I think most of the coaches in the league are questionable as far as if they can win it all.    

But I will say, if anyone wants to hype up the 2021 Eagles results...  9 wins and playoffs, coming from a brutal 2020 season....etc.   Well, you can't give the QB credit without giving the coaching credit.   

Where I think you differ from most... most of us question both the coach and the QB... with probably either equal or more question about the QB.   You seem to think the QB is a lock, and it's only the coaching that's a question. 

Don’t think you have to hype Micah Parsons production we actually paid them a draft pick to have. Don’t think you need to hype Diggs production. They really been just adding LBs consistently. Didn’t agree with them drafting Zeke where they did. But he’s been a good tough Rb…on the field at least. Pollard really worked out for them as well. Lamb was the WR I preferred that draft. Expect he’ll ball out this season. Their Oline was rated better than ours by some last season.

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t think you have to hype Micah Parsons production we actually paid them a draft pick to have. Don’t think you need to hype Diggs production. They really been just adding LBs consistently. Didn’t agree with them drafting Zeke where they did. But he’s been a good tough Rb…on the field at least. Pollard really worked out for them as well. Lamb was the WR I preferred that draft. Expect he’ll ball out this season. Their Oline was rated better than ours by some last season.

So here is the Cowboys scenario. 

Parsons...will be hyped up to be the best defensive player in the league.   Then he will get overpaid.

Diggs... gets beat a ton... but for fantasy purposes he got picks and TDs last year vs the bad teams.   He's going to get overpaid as well. 

The OL lost a few players... the new guys will get overhyped... why,because they can’t sign anyone in free agency so it will have to be how great they draft.  

Lamb will break the bank on his contract... 

Then we wonder, why Dallas always seems to underachieve?   They stay status quo because they can’t add ...they draft, overpay, and force to let guys walk, then draft to replace...same cycle.   If they handled the cap better and didn't have to overhype then overpay their guys,maybe they can add pieces in free agency and win something? 

Whole left side of their OL's questionable. Still if we split with them we'll be fine

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Whole left side of their OL's questionable. Still if we split with them we'll be fine

We’ve evened things out much more…for sure

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We’ve evened things out much more…for sure

It's what happens when you handle the cap better, you can add, while the other team losses players.

Archived