Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

47 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He used us to get his S money. Job accomplished by him.

And we used him to get to the SB? Job accomplished by Howie

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I wouldn’t respond calling out the city like he did. That said a bunch to me

So you actually think he isn't enjoying playing for the Eagles and wouldn't come back here if offer was similar to somewhere else?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/matthew-bergeron-ot-syracuse-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/  This kid has played both. Have to wait until the combine dust settles,but I would be ok with him at 62 also if Wright is gone. he will also be availabe to watch in the senior bowl(IDK if he will play R or LT.I assume it will be LT),but he can and has played both sides effectively

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think he was calling out the thief really,if you read the entire quote he said got you on cam LOL,then shamed him in front of the whole city. I don;t think this is the big thing on him staying or not. I'm sure it was insured

I took it as either using Philly to say "look at this one idiot who represents you"    or " putting it out there for the people to find this guy"

I gotta be honest...  I can't see living a life where you expect all the negative stuff all the time?  Or have any fear of losing?   If dude wants to play somewhere else then so be it.  I really think he just wants to test the market.  If just to prove a point to the Saints.  But if he goes and it's the contract Ham keeps saying...then  get pick 97 in 2024. Thank you Saints

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I also think RT is now almost as important as LT. Like a lot of RTs go up against the best edge rushers. I think that adds to your argument of going for a true RT for the most part. 

Because the " blind side " no longer exists.  QB is shotgun...shoulders are square to the line. 

The blind side was QB taking snap under center and striding back into throwing position.  Right hand QBs couldn't see the rush from the left.  Now it just depends which way they turn after catching the snap.  Plenty of times Lane is blocking the side that is " blind" to the QB.

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

And we used him to get to the SB? Job accomplished by Howie

Job accomplished by both... worst case we get the best comp pick in addition to his play. It's an upgrade in picks for us.  Best Cass we found our long term S.  But for 2022 he was the best possible S for us, not a rookie. 

Just picking out some players that seem interesting. Have to see who stays and goes, what FA's are available etc. I do a weighted draft as sometimes need outweighs BPA, sometimes it's the other way around if a player falls.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Just picking out some players that seem interesting. Have to see who stays and goes, what FA's are available etc. I do a weighted draft as sometimes need outweighs BPA, sometimes it's the other way around if a player falls.

he moved up. Most of my early picks do,so maybe I need to pull him and replace with Bergeron. It's early. I would be fine with either at 62,Wright would be my choice if he was there but looks like he is still on the way up

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jake-haener-qb-fresno-state-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/  After researching some,I would use a 7th on this kid. he needs molded and coached. Lacking some of the raw talents and needs to add weight and strength,which sounds like a perfect prospect. If he can't cut it,no big deal. I suspect we find another BU in FA,but this kid can compete with Book for the #3,loser to the PS, and we already saw SF go through 4 QB's LOL

Which I believed he was the top guy in that huge WR class. He’s looked good. But he’s a cowboy..so hopefully he falls apart or something. Not backing guys I liked in the draft enough to wish them success for our rivals. That’s for sure.

52 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

He did play a little LT which is a plus, but we need Lane's replacement - hopefully not to start next yr, learn under him

Kind of weird you picked out 2 I have on my mock ,Wright and Ika-great minds think alike

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah I was specifically looking for a guy who spent life at RT. I just feel that's the way to go unless a LT totally blows me away with his athletic prowess. They are not really interchangeable like a guard would be. We tried Mailata at RT and he wasn't good,so I was looking for guy we didn't need to convert. There are a few others,but he really stood out to me. maybe we snag him at 31? IDK

I disagree on Mailata. Gotta remember he rushed back from injury. He wasn’t nearly ready to suit up. But did. Switching takes a minute I’d assume also. So I’m sold on Mailata on either side.

48 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I also think RT is now almost as important as LT. Like a lot of RTs go up against the best edge rushers. I think that adds to your argument of going for a true RT for the most part. 

Believe No Mas or some folks think Hurts weakest going to the left to throw.

I’d have to see real breakdowns if numbers. It’s the obvious usual toughest thing is going opposite your strong side.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I disagree on Mailata. Gotta remember he rushed back from injury. He wasn’t nearly ready to suit up. But did. Switching takes a minute I’d assume also. So I’m sold on Mailata on either side.

So disagree,he is our starting LT and if Lane goes he won't be moving Unless we are severely in a bind

Archived