Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I see a Voda heat fan. Open blades, would have to build a wire cage cause of the cats - thanks for the idea.

I doubt cats would walk into these or the heat,but if they did they would learn not to LOL. I can heat my LR in about 20 minutes

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never saw them before. Did have a house w/ wood stoves that had a box w/ pipes on the stack. A fan in the back would blow thru those pipes - tons of heat! Actually melted some plastic light covers on the ceiling. They're illegal now - creasote fires.

Had to keep kettles on the wood stoves, got so dry. House was too tight as well, almost passed out from lack of oxygen, crawled to the door

I already have the wire mesh downstairs, just not doing stairs yet.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Had to keep kettles on the wood stoves, got so dry. House was too tight as well, almost passed out from lack of oxygen, crawled to the door

I have a propane fireplace also,never use it LOL. But I hate heat pumps,just useless under 35 degrees

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I already have the wire mesh downstairs, just not doing stairs yet.

I doubt cats would walk into the heat.You have to place them so they heat up. Anyway FWIW they work on cooktops also. Thermal no batteries or electric

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Try "Stovetop fan" on Ebay. I think it was like 30 bucks,works GREAT. The hotter it gets the faster it spins

My woodstove has a blower but this would be nice to have if (when) the power goes out

I opened up the walls when we bought this place, making the living, dining, kitchen and sunroom one big room. The gas fireplace is great - Mendota full view. I relocated the thermostat to the back bedroom and that's just for those 3 bedrooms.

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Supposed to be for a woodburner,but works great sitting on my kitchen stove. maybe ASG can get one too LOL

I'm looking. It looks like a good idea

1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

My woodstove has a blower but this would be nice to have if (when) the power goes out

Different styles,but they work really well. Maybe you can even disconnect the blower fan to save on electric. It also keeps your furnace from running more,so it's paid for itself already for me

1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

I'm looking. It ollks like a good idea

Costs nothing to run and keeps the heat from going to the ceiling

ANyway mine sits on the stovetop 24/7.I just hit the burner for heat, Starts to spin in about 30 seconds. I put it on the back burner,if I really want heat fast I turn on the front as well and it blows the heat from both

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Different styles,but they work really well. Maybe you can even disconnect the blower fan to save on electric. It also keeps your furnace from running more,so it's paid for itself already for me

Yeah, we also have central electric heat but that only runs if we're away for a day or two

Like the hanging one. Have some ornamental hinges  I can rework into the fireplace surround to hang it. Still need to build a mesh frame - cats are just too curious.

Pay out the nose for electric up hear, at least until the wind farm starts up.

If you scoll down on the link I sent,you can see it used in front of a fireplace

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Yeah, we also have central electric heat but that only runs if we're away for a day or two

I have a heat pump and it sucks LOL,so I got this and a little plug in guy(that works good too) so I can get the heat I want Only user the stove topper if it's really cold. Use the wall plug one the rest of the time. I suppose I should buy some propane in case my power goes out,but it's a monstrosity. I have 2 jennys.I can run my space heater,but that really shot my electric bill up last year,so this new "system" is cheaper 

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

D isn't very good,we can beat them either on the ground or through the air. Just get the right match ups and we'll be fine

It’s hard to judge KC Defense. They kept opponents from rushing too much. But that’s likely because they had the top offense going. Meaning everybody was forced to pass the second half to try and catch up. When you’re up by multiple scores it’s more acceptable to give up yardage. Even resulting in more points.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s hard to judge KC Defense. They kept opponents from rushing too much. But that’s likely because they had the top offense going. Meaning everybody was forced to pass the second half to try and catch up. When you’re up by multiple scores it’s more acceptable to give up yardage. Even resulting in more points.

No other team has our O line LOL. We will be hitting them with all 3 RB's and of course Hurts can take off whenever

11 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

IDK maybe a place like Lowes has them,but I just got mine online before the cold hit

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK maybe a place like Lowes has them,but I just got mine online before the cold hit

Thermoelectric fan

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I do notice it looks like third and fourth down they are weak.

Those conversions we are terrific at,I believe we lead the league on conveting 4ths

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Thermoelectric fan

Not electric,no batteries or nuttin,just a hunk of metal

Archived