Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Especially if you desire to run a team. Interviews by reporters. Crazy off the wall questions.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crucial fir any inspiring Head Coach to come off looking well. Whole world sees that. You get caught out of your league there…good luck. Every team will note that against you onwhetber you can handle the job.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We traveling all the way across country for the biggest game of their lives. It’s in Zona, right?

yes

Biggest game of many of these lives. They all deserve everybodies complete focus and attention.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Where is Steichen interviewing for the Colts job? In Indy I’d assume. Second interview…you’d think everybody would be present in the organization for that one.

Saturday( a bit of irony here LOL)

Just not right or fair. Can you imagine going through the biggest interviews of your career….while your doing the biggest moments of your job in your career?

I understand why Steichen and coordinators need to be able to interview. The jobs mostly already filled. But the setup isn’t right. That’s where I think FL is correct. No hires allowed until season is complete. Always going to be the top teams having their coordinators being interviewed.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Biggest game of many of these lives. They all deserve everybodies complete focus and attention.

I'm not going off the deep end here,just saying what I believe would be fairness. It's been like that in past years,just didn't affect us until now ,but I agree with you and 58. Should be no contact until the season ends and that is after the SB

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I understand why Steichen and coordinators need to be able to interview. The jobs mostly already filled. But the setup isn’t right. That’s where I think FL is correct. No hires allowed until season is complete. Always going to be the top teams having their coordinators being interviewed.

58 mentioned this before me,for the record

Hardman out is actually more crucial than many would give credit for. His stats don’t show much to think he’s anything. But his speed helps others. He can spread you out even without being thrown to. Plus you gotta respect him in motion and sweeps. Screen plays. Basically he effects things as a decoy.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm not going off the deep end here,just saying what I believe would be fairness. It's been like that in past years,just didn't affect us until now ,but I agree with you and 58. Should be no contact until the season ends and that is after the SB

Yes, gotta be fir everybody though. That way these guys don’t miss out. These organizations seem to really rush things as being important.

Noticed we didn’t rush on hiring Pedey or Siri. The schedule and numerous things to get done as soon as possible really get to these organizations too much. Hire the right guy most important. Getting him in a week earlier to prep and get organized only matters if he’s the guy.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We’ve had it happen before some time.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just not right or fair. Can you imagine going through the biggest interviews of your career….while your doing the biggest moments of your job in your career?

Yes...because it's a day off.  They have 2 weeks to prepare.  I can see it because my first impression of am Eagles team going to the Superbowl was Vermeil being a little too tight and regimented.  I think it's two weeks, the players and coaches put their work in, trust it and go relax on the down time.   2 weeks to prepare...basically tomorrow would be the normal prep... they go next week they tweak a few things.  My guess 90 % is already done.

Top much goes on behind the scenes... no chance of agents for the coaches that are finished not trying to get their guys jobs .  You guys are just focused on the guys coaching now.  There are coaches around the league who were fired...that's staff being in limbo.  Can’t put people's lives on hold like that for 6 weeks.  Not with families involved. Wives needing to plan things etc.   The process needs to start ASAP.  

It's never been an issue before,we can't all of a sudden not like it because of Eagles being involved.   

Yes, gotta be fir everybody though. That way these guys don’t miss out. These organizations seem to really rush things as being important.

Because people don't want their loves in limbo.  This is their livelihood.  Families move with coaches etc.   Need to look at it as real life...nor just as a sports fan.   Can't put that on hold. 

Noticed we didn’t rush on hiring Pedey or Siri. The schedule and numerous things to get done as soon as possible really get to these organizations too much. Hire the right guy most important. Getting him in a week earlier to prep and get organized only matters if he’s the guy.

Again you are only looking at it from a one guy head coach point of view.  There are more lives in the balance than just one.

2004...the Pats  had both their coordinators get head coaching jobs before they played us in the Superbowl.   Did any of you complain?  Didn't hear a single Pats fan complain?   

We’ve had it happen before some time.

I don't know the spelling... but Pats DC Romeo Crunell... and OC Charlie Weiss... Romeo went to Cleveland I believe?  Weiss  I think went to Notre Dame?    

After they beat us they had the 3 way hug / huddle with Belichek... I remember the announcer saying they went out in style with a championship. 

It is what it is... fair or not, the bigger picture is not to keep families in limbo.  The process takes a while, you can't start interviewing after the Superbowl and then have a month long process... too much to do before then. They really need to start within that first week or so.

I think you add another point there. College jobs also. That season has been finished for a minute now.

It’s the whole playoffs interviews taking place that’s ..,inconvenient to say the least.

You're thinking old, this 2nd interview will most likely be via video conference. Will stick to what I originally said, it should be treated like tampering until after the SB.

Think their 3TE, 2 WR or 3TE, 1 WR, 1 RB sets need a good hard look. No soft coverage but that's a lot of traffic.

Archived