Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Philip Rivers retiring might be the answer to our qb situation, as they are in a position to win right now, and they might be willing to roll the dice on Wentz since they don't have any other viable options.

How is that the answer now that teams have stopped Hurts? Would be an answer for our cap situation,but not the QB situation

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I really want from Wentz are HONEST ANSWERS

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

"I hear it is most likely going to come down to Josh McDaniels or Duce Staley.

Who the hell else is left?????

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What I really want from Wentz are HONEST ANSWERS

Who the hell else is left?????

Well they've interviewed a ton of candidates ... Bowles, Sirianni, Fassel, Moore, Brady ... and of course there is still Bieniemy and Kafka as well as Daboll, but he reportedly will stay in Buffalo ... can't say I blame him).  

Bieniemy is one of the hottest head coaching candidates this offseason and was last winter too. He has been with the Chiefs since 2013, spending five seasons as the team's running backs coach and three as its offensive coordinator. Kansas City has fielded the league's top-ranked offense in two of Bieniemy's three years as OC.          Of course,that's why we aren't looking(jebus we are stupid AF)

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Bowles, Sirianni, Fassel, Moore, Brady ... and of course there is still Bieniemy and Kafka

So these first guys were a "no" and we haven't bothered with the other 2, so I assume those are "no" also which leads me back to who the hell is left?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Bieniemy is one of the hottest head coaching candidates this offseason and was last winter too. He has been with the Chiefs since 2013, spending five seasons as the team's running backs coach and three as its offensive coordinator. Kansas City has fielded the league's top-ranked offense in two of Bieniemy's three years as OC.          Of course,that's why we aren't looking(jebus we are stupid AF)

I'd probably be successful as KC's OC considering the talent they have (best QB in the NFL, Kelce, Hill, Hardman, Watkins, Edwards-Helaire, Williams, etc.).  Andy runs that offense anyway.  

So these first guys were a "no" and we haven't bothered with the other 2, so I assume those are "no" also which leads me back to who the hell is left?

That's a no from you on those first guys?  Heard Lurie was impressed with Bowles. They'd be a no from me too (except Brady ... he intrigues me ... but might be too early for that jump for him).  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd probably be successful as KC's OC considering the talent they have (best QB in the NFL, Kelce, Hill, Hardman, Watkins, Edwards-Helaire, Williams, etc.).  Andy runs that offense anyway.  

SO who got the talent? And who pushed(and got) what they wanted? AR?

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That's a no from you on those first guys?  Heard Lurie was impressed with Bowles. They'd be a no from me too (except Brady ... he intrigues me ... but might be too early for that jump for him).  

Not impressed enough to hire him

https://www.chiefs.com/team/front-office-roster/  this is a nice FO structure. "appears" to me AR and the GM choose the players and FA's, or at worst AR "suggests" who to get so he can coach them. If we're going to do anything worth a damn, we need to trust this new coach. yeah we got burned by Chip, but you can't change a biz plan over ONE bad apple(but we did) I especially want all to take notice of Veach. Hired in 2017, and since that time, they have put a team together. Howie is not cutting it as a GM

BTW KC released S Rodney Clemons(undrafted from SMU). Interesting prospect. I would sign him to our PS. Needs work but has some potential

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

If choosing between the two, I hope Staley gets it.  I have heard elsewhere that he has a strong staff in line to hire should he be offered the job.  That is critical, as we all saw with Doug.  I don't think he has the experience or knowledge to run an offense himself, so having someone with a strong background is mandatory.  Wonder who he has in mind as his coordinators.

Agreed. That aside, I think Duce would be a driving force for his players and would keep them in check. 

19 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Agreed. That aside, I think Duce would be a driving force for his players and would keep them in check. 

We will lose Stine on the board,so we can't hire him 🤣

We will lose Stine on the board,so we can't hire him 🤣

Well then that dog just aint gonna hunt LOL

Yep, I am out if Duce is in.  I need him to run something other than rotation of running backs before I put him in charge of my team. To me, that is just dumb. My opinion, but I feel a valid one. It will put the organization back another 4-5 years. Frankly, I not young enough to endure that. You all can like it as that is your choice. This is mine...

Here's my round 3 pick with a nice analysis. As he said he's not "pretty" but he has instincts and I feel he would make a good tandem with Sanders and Scott(they also use him as a receiver much like they did with Antonio GIbson)

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Yep, I am out if Duce is in.  I need him to run something other than rotation of running backs before I put him in charge of my team. To me, that is just dumb. My opinion, but I feel a valid one. It will put the organization back another 4-5 years. Frankly, I not young enough to endure that. You all can like it as that is your choice. This is mine...

IDK he is already Asst head coach ,so I would think he has more experience that we think he has. He also knows(right now) who he wants as his staff. IDK I am not in the interview room

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK he is already Asst head coach ,so I would think he has more experience that we think he has. He also knows(right now) who he wants as his staff. IDK I am not in the interview room

Do you seriously think Duce did anything else different than he has the past 3 years? Give me a break...

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Do you seriously think Duce did anything else different than he has the past 3 years? Give me a break...

No clue I wasn't there

I personally like Bien. Did great things for KC in 3 years

We Eagle fans are probably the most intelligent or equal to any other in the country. But some can buy into whatever the media throws our way. I am not so easily swayed. I have seen enough of these coach hirings to know that most are simply last ditch efforts on the ownership part. Doug was that to be honest. Sure he won a SB so will go down as one of our best coaches ever. But was it really Doug that made that happen? Reich and Swartz had no part. We had players that rose up to the challenge. Foles played a game of his lifetime. Doug is a great motivator. That I will give you. But he had allot of help. Sometimes you just need the right recipe....

Anyway, Duce is another last ditch effort in my opinion. If no one else wants the job, he will be hired and Lurie will say we got our MAN!  I will say ADIOS!

1 hour ago, stine said:

We Eagle fans are probably the most intelligent or equal to any other in the country. But some can buy into whatever the media throws our way. I am not so easily swayed. I have seen enough of these coach hirings to know that most are simply last ditch efforts on the ownership part. Doug was that to be honest. Sure he won a SB so will go down as one of our best coaches ever. But was it really Doug that made that happen? Reich and Swartz had no part. We had players that rose up to the challenge. Foles played a game of his lifetime. Doug is a great motivator. That I will give you. But he had allot of help. Sometimes you just need the right recipe....

Anyway, Duce is another last ditch effort in my opinion. If no one else wants the job, he will be hired and Lurie will say we got our MAN!  I will say ADIOS!

I thought Ped stunk(not as badly as Chip which isn't saying much). Maybe Duce would be no better than Ped, but in my view he can't be any worse. Howie's influence over this team is where the problems are. Ped was a QB who could not help a QB????. I like Bien which is why we aren't looking there 

1 hour ago, stine said:

My opinion is that it doesn't really matter who we hire this cycle because we aren't likely to have any success for the next 1-2 years (minimal) thanks to a roster loaded with aging vets with bloated contracts (due to kicking the can down the road so many times), a cap situation that is one of the worst in the league that will make it extremely difficult to add any outside talent, and a GM that remains that can't draft to save his life (there goes the other avenue for adding talent).  So hang in there for a couple more years until the cycle repeats ... hopefully the GM is swept out with the rest then and we do this the right way.  

I’m still not understanding why people in such a rush for us to make a hire only two jobs are left... really no reason for us to make a rush hire at this point.

If you wanted Saleh or Smith oh well literally the only top options we missed on 

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

My opinion is that it doesn't really matter who we hire this cycle because we aren't likely to have any success for the next 1-2 years (minimal) thanks to a roster loaded with aging vets with bloated contracts (due to kicking the can down the road so many times), a cap situation that is one of the worst in the league that will make it extremely difficult to add any outside talent, and a GM that remains that can't draft to save his life (there goes the other avenue for adding talent).  So hang in there for a couple more years until the cycle repeats ... hopefully the GM is swept out with the rest then and we do this the right way.  

We'll be dead by then 🙄

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m still not understanding why people in such a rush for us to make a hire only two jobs are left... really no reason for us to make a rush hire at this point.

If you wanted Saleh or Smith oh well literally the only top options we missed on 

Why did we miss (again?) OH, I know, because NOONE wants to coach in this FO fiasco under some nitwits thumb who thinks he is a "football guy"

Archived