Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

It would be a bit of Karma. I really didn't know he was being considered. He must be now because they are seeing neither Duce or McDaniels as the best option. So although I want a decision as fast as possible, I'm glad they are considering him

I did a quick Google search on him. Apparently his father and both of his brothers are college coaches. He was a DB, WR and QB coach before taking the OC Job, so he has been around. Maybe he will work out...?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of the Pats "culture" Bellicheat and the other drama BS,so for me I avoid those if I can. Not to trash an individual,but face it,it's the same culture,so I would not go there personal op-

3 minutes ago, stine said:

I did a quick Google search on him. Apparently his father and both of his brothers are college coaches. He was a DB, WR and QB coach before taking the OC Job, so he has been around. Maybe he will work out...?

He is my top pick if it was for me to decide,and we'd better snag him before the "other" team does

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Wonder if ANY of these guys have had a 2nd interview.  Seems every other team had a short list of candidates that went through a 2nd interview before making a decision.  I haven't heard of anyone doing a 2nd interview here.  

I would think a 2nd interview would be held if they couldn't decide between 2 or 3 people. At that point they would hire after someone's 2nd interview I would guess...

But for the amount of time they spent in the 1st interview, doubt there is much more to talk about....

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Siri from the reports I have seen went a day and into the next day. Thats a good sign for him

Plus he would be great spokesperson for I-Phones! could make a bundle doing commercials.....

Siri - When will the Eagles fire Howie?

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He is my top pick if it was for me to decide,and we'd better snag him before the "other" team does

As far as I know Sirianni wasn't interviewed by Houston.  Perhaps Watson didn't give them permission to do so.  :lol:

HC-Siriani ,OC-Duce (flat out and drop the asst BS), pick your DC(Wade Phillips???). Sproles as RB coach

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Plus he would be great spokesperson for I-Phones! could make a bundle doing commercials.....

Siri - When will the Eagles fire Howie?

Siri-I have trouble with women               response-this is Alexa LMAO

10 minutes ago, stine said:

WR and QB coach sounds like just what we need

Mrs.Wentz for QB coach. Noone likes to suck in front of MOM HAHAHA

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

HC-Siriani ,OC-Duce (flat out and drop the asst BS), pick your DC(Wade Phillips???). Sproles as RB coach

Siri-I have trouble with women               response-this is Alexa LMAO

I can see it now; he is doing post game interviews, brings out his I-Phone - first Question- Siri, why did you go for it on 4th down.... His Phone speaks - I am not familiar with that question......

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah Ped was NEVER good at this lol

Nor was his mentor LOL

10 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Nor was his mentor LOL

In his defense it's been awhile since we had a "grind it out and take 8 minutes off the clock and score" offense

16 minutes ago, stine said:

I can see it now; he is doing post game interviews, brings out his I-Phone - first Question- Siri, why did you go for it on 4th down.... His Phone speaks - I am not familiar with that question......

.......... and we need to do better(looped for future use)

Tyreek Hill and Carolina Crush take the crown

"Coach Bradley took on all comers this season, and had what it took to prevail. Carolina Crush finished off 2020 with a 132 to 73 victory over Palookas, giving them a 13 - 3 final record"      Just a total domination flash back lol

Don't forget to hug your significant other today. It is National Hug day after all.....

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Don't forget to hug your significant other today. It is National Hug day after all.....

Surprised this wasn't "cancelled"

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Surprised this wasn't "cancelled"

I sent Lurie and Howie an email. They need to get together today!

Just now, jsb235 said:

well, we have a coach. Hopefully better days ahead.

Can’t wait to see who he hires to fill out his staff.  

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Can’t wait to see who he hires to fill out his staff.  

Gannon is a name being thrown out as a DC.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Duce named the OC.

One good thing with Siri is he comes with a track record of working with WRs and QBs... Maybe he can help develop our young WRs get Wentz back on track 

Wonder if Siri will take on play calling or hire a coach to do so. Most OCs that don’t have that duty like to test there chops doing so be interesting.

No offense to Duce I’d like to see Siri paired with a more experienced OC especially if he plans to call plays himself. Wonder how much control he will have over his staff as well 

Lastly wonder how much sway Wentz had on the decision of the HC... Reports were strong he likely wasn’t fond of Duce who A. Didn’t like how they had kid gloves and babied Wentz and is known to coach guys hard. Same can be said of McDaniels.

Siri is also on the Reich tree and Wentz was supposedly really fond of Reich. 

Siri from what I read though isn’t afraid to coach guys hard if he needs to so do think he can lean on Reich some on the best ways to get the best from Wentz.

Conversation

GSSklxmJ_x96.jpg

I spoke with an NFL source who is very familiar with Nick Sirianni's coaching apporach, he said his strength is "He focuses on the positive (attributes) of players, as opposed to the negatives." The source said he coaches to his players' strengths

Wouldn’t this be something an actual Coach that coaches to player strengths not forcing them into there system 

Archived