Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Kinda weird how none of them have won a SB either lol 😂 

It's the second SB we have been in LOL. OH we didn't WIN the first one-bummer,but we got there. No SB's in KC????

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK only year 1 for Reich. Hardly a comparison. SO, Ped was SO dominant and such a great coach we fired him. He got the SB because he had the STAFF.Once they went away FIZZLE CITY and if he was so good why was he fired?

He is entering his 3rd year as HC Doug won a SB in his 2nd 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's the second SB we have been in LOL. OH we didn't WIN the first one-bummer,but we got there

It’s was the 3rd SB we ever in 1 under Vermiel one under AR and Doug and guess what Doug the only coach to win one in how many years. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

He is entering his 3rd year as HC Doug won a SB in his 2nd 

I ike Bien,you don't enough of this pissing contest.You still never told me YOUR PICK, so let's HEAR IT

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I ike Bien,you don't enough of this pissing contest.You still never told me YOUR PICK, so let's HEAR IT

I said it in the same post that I said I didn’t like KC OC why don’t you read the post all the way 

I haven’t hid who I’ve liked as HC options been the same two guys from the start Arthur Smith who got hired by ATL and Joe Brady 

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I said it in the same post that I said I didn’t like KC OC why don’t you read the post all the way 

WHy dont you just answer and save me the trouble?

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

WHy dont you just answer and save me the trouble?

Why don’t you learn to read posts lol start jumping to conclusions 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Why don’t you learn to read posts lol start jumping to conclusions 

Because my daughter has covid and I am a bit busy at this moment

49 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's the second SB we have been in LOL. OH we didn't WIN the first one-bummer,but we got there. No SB's in KC????

Uh, 3rd - SB XV. LOL, just nit pickin' brother. 

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hope she gets well ASAP!

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I hope she gets well fast...old guy be careful keep yourself safe.

Eliot Shorr-Parks

@EliotShorrParks
According to @howardeskin, #Eagles players are texting Jeffrey Lurie in support of Duce Staley.

30 minutes ago, Trini said:

I hope she gets well fast...old guy be careful keep yourself safe.

Yeah she won't let me near her. She's protecting me. Today was rough. It's day 8, so she should be feeling better soon, or at least better. Hubby has it too. I'm an Eagles fan,I am used to adversity.I still have 6/9 lives left 

13 hours ago, Trini said:

I would really miss your wisdom...I get your very Narrow vision that he would need to prove his worth as a leader in your eyes. Duce may end up being a last resort...Josh McDamiels was a cheat like Bellacheat...he can stay in NE... NE players  ALways failed our Birds, then went and made big money elsewhere. 

Something needs to be said about Duces decade long loyalty to the Eagles.... the fact that he worked in many Offensive Regimes as a SB Champion player. He was also part of the Championship SB Eagles team.Duce has been in the league as a Champion player and Coach.Yet Stine  he is NOT worth our consideration...lol... You have contributed to Sooo many excellent Eagles opinions gotta say I'm a little surprised.

I have some reservations about Duces lack of HC experience. Duce as a player and as a coach he has Tons of experience, and has proven himself. His title here was Assistant HC... unlike Doug I suspect he should bring in a O and D Coordinators. These many years working for the Eagles his loyalty and commitment could be rewarded. The New HC faces an impossible Cap situation created by Howie.Duce is kinda home grown as a player and a coach. Bieniemy might be the " BEST" choice..only KC has a Mahomes...Unlikely Duce gets the job in my mind...think Duce deserves a shot.

How many Coaches make it that have no OC, DC or College HC experience? Can you name one? You say he is an assistant HC. What exactly is that? Or was it invented so we could appease Duce? From what I can gather, Assistant Head Coaches are too important to let go, but not good enough to hire as an coordinator. Giants, Steelers and Bears do not even have that position. So, the Eagles hire a guy that they do not think is good enough to be an coordinator for the head coaching position. That really gives me comfort......

13 minutes ago, stine said:

How many Coaches make it that have no OC, DC or College HC experience? Can you name one? You say he is an assistant HC. What exactly is that? Or was it invented so we could appease Duce? From what I can gather, Assistant Head Coaches are too important to let go, but not good enough to hire as an coordinator. Giants, Steelers and Bears do not even have that position. So, the Eagles hire a guy that they do not think is good enough to be an coordinator for the head coaching position. That really gives me comfort......

Just off the top of my head ... our past 2 HCs ... Reid and Pederson (OK Doug was OC but that was in title only ... Reid called the plays and ran the offense).  Harbaugh.  All have won Super Bowls.  

something else for all of you to ponder;

there is a rumor that Rams HC and Goff are having issues. Why is that? I heard that Head coaches who are very intelligent tend to not get along with QB's who are not. The same situation if this is reversed. Doug is a great motivator and a player's coach, but he is not consider intelligent by any means. Wentz is very intelligent from all reports I have heard. Now, do you think Duce is closer to McVay or Doug as far as intelligence is concerned? So do you really feel comfortable hiring Duce, knowing that Wentz is smarter than him? Do you have confidence that duce will be able to "fix" Wentz? Seriously?

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Just off the top of my head ... our past 2 HCs ... Reid and Pederson (OK Doug was OC but that was in title only ... Reid called the plays and ran the offense).  Harbaugh.  All have won Super Bowls.  

If I remember correctly, Reid did not win us a Super Bowl. Mariucci originally wanted Reid to be his offensive coordinator in San Francisco, but Packers head coach Mike Holmgren prevented the move. He is smart and all Coaches that worked with him knew it. Doug was an OC regardless of what anyone feels if in title only. Duce has not shown anything or other teams would have requested to interview him as an OC before now....

I want someone who is Smart. Someone who will challenge Wentz. Someone who has proven he is innovative enough to design his offense around his player's strengths. As much as I dislike McDaniels, I know the dude is smart. Brady also has shown signs he can do the job. Bieniemy seems to have checked all the right boxes also.....

Doug had Reich as the OC when they won the SB. That dude is very intelligent and was able to control Wentz. When he left there was a hole...

50 minutes ago, stine said:

If I remember correctly, Reid did not win us a Super Bowl. Mariucci originally wanted Reid to be his offensive coordinator in San Francisco, but Packers head coach Mike Holmgren prevented the move. He is smart and all Coaches that worked with him knew it. Doug was an OC regardless of what anyone feels if in title only. Duce has not shown anything or other teams would have requested to interview him as an OC before now....

I want someone who is Smart. Someone who will challenge Wentz. Someone who has proven he is innovative enough to design his offense around his player's strengths. As much as I dislike McDaniels, I know the dude is smart. Brady also has shown signs he can do the job. Bieniemy seems to have checked all the right boxes also.....

Reid didn't win us a Super Bowl but he obviously did with KC.  

Regarding the "challenge Wentz" comment ... I agree but think that is more likely to come from the position coach and OC (his early development was attributed more to Reich and Flip ... OC and QB coach ... than Pederson).  

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Reid didn't win us a Super Bowl but he obviously did with KC.  

Regarding the "challenge Wentz" comment ... I agree but think that is more likely to come from the position coach and OC (his early development was attributed more to Reich and Flip ... OC and QB coach ... than Pederson).  

Maybe you are right. But what happens if Duce does get a good OC and then he leaves? We are in the same position we were in after we won the SB. I stand by hiring a intelligent HC for this reason among others I mentioned.

Listen, I respect your opinion. I just am not going to sit around and wait should Duce be chosen. I am too dam old to wait around another 5-10 years for a SB contender. You may have plenty of time. I don't.....

52 minutes ago, stine said:

Maybe you are right. But what happens if Duce does get a good OC and then he leaves? We are in the same position we were in after we won the SB. I stand by hiring a intelligent HC for this reason among others I mentioned.

Listen, I respect your opinion. I just am not going to sit around and wait should Duce be chosen. I am too dam old to wait around another 5-10 years for a SB contender. You may have plenty of time. I don't.....

IDK I swore I could not die until we won a SB, so I am good. I don't base my fandom on how many trophys are in the case. I base it on the fact I can meet people like yourself,or 58,93 and everyone else on here. If being a fan is not in your blood, so be it, but this is my team, good, bad, indifferent and at my age, I need a place to complain and vent and this is the perfect place for it It depends on your POV I guess. Now I am hearing Siriani could be a front runner, so IDK. Don't feel bad Stine,I lived in Ohio,so besides the Eagles, I had to suffer through the Browns(by default),and you know Stine, it's not against the law to be the fan of TWO teams. I think Siriani would be a good pick. Good point on Duce and I DO believe that title was for appeasement , but I have no clue what he has learned since then. Doesn't matter what I think anyway

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

our past 2 HCs

Chip was stuck between them lol

42 minutes ago, stine said:

It's all good, I respect yours as well ... all are legit.  I am not trying to advocate for Duce ... I am merely offering some alternate points of view to some concerns being expressed.  

I'll tell you what, when Doug was hired (I HATED it when it was announced), I never thought in a million years we'd have a Lombardi ever under him yet alone in 2 years.  But as time goes by it becomes more and more apparent that there was so much more to obtaining that than just having Doug as HC.  The staff assembled initially FOR him (not completely BY him) was really strong and played a key role.  Of course our best players were still in their primes and Howie really hit on the FA additions that year (Blount, Robinson, Foles, Long, etc).  

If we get a good OC and he goes have to hope that Duce or whoever the HC is can identify another good with which to replace him ... to have the balls to say screw loyalty and no to promoting within when it is clear there are better (external) candidates.   

All in all, I don't think we are going to compete for at least 2 years regardless of who is hired.  Too much stacked against us right now (too many aging vets now past their primes that have a tough time staying healthy and have bloated contracts, a piss poor cap situation, a GM that can't draft, etc. 

1 hour ago, stine said:

something else for all of you to ponder;

there is a rumor that Rams HC and Goff are having issues. Why is that? I heard that Head coaches who are very intelligent tend to not get along with QB's who are not. The same situation if this is reversed. Doug is a great motivator and a player's coach, but he is not consider intelligent by any means. Wentz is very intelligent from all reports I have heard. Now, do you think Duce is closer to McVay or Doug as far as intelligence is concerned? So do you really feel comfortable hiring Duce, knowing that Wentz is smarter than him? Do you have confidence that duce will be able to "fix" Wentz? Seriously?

IDK define "intelligence" Football smarts? Overall intellect? test scores? Street smarts? School of hard knocks? Everyone is stupid, just depends on the subject,so I don't know what your definition entails

1 hour ago, stine said:

SOOOO how does one become an OC, if noone ever gives them a chance to be an OC? SOMEONE has to take that shot or there would never be an OC. However I like Bien or Siriani (if it was up to me)

Archived