Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

29 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Conversation

GSSklxmJ_x96.jpg

I spoke with an NFL source who is very familiar with Nick Sirianni's coaching apporach, he said his strength is "He focuses on the positive (attributes) of players, as opposed to the negatives." The source said he coaches to his players' strengths

Wouldn’t this be something an actual Coach that coaches to player strengths not forcing them into there system 

Music to my ears

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well with this hire we forced Stine to remain with us in the Philly cess pool HAHAHA, so "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!" He was my front runner when I found out we were considering him. I'm glad we snagged him or Houston probably would have. Duce should be OC!!!! This hire also shows(as I suggested) they must have compromised and both settled on Siri, so there still seems to be some form of intelligent life at the top wrungs. Happy with this hire. I would like to see a nice DC from a top college. Since Siri is in Indiana, maybe the DC from Notre Dame. TIme for fresh blood. I thank Lurie and Howie for making the right call here

16 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Music to my ears

Wentz has plenty of negatives lol

Todd Bowles as DC? Dennis Allen maybe? I understand Siri would want his own DC,but these make 2 nice suggestions. I now hope(since it seems Lurie and Howie have seemed to both agree to Siri) that he has some influential input on the draft

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Todd Bowles as DC? Dennis Allen maybe? I understand Siri would want his own DC,but these make 2 nice suggestions. I now hope(since it seems Lurie and Howie have seemed to both agree to Siri) that he has some influential input on the draft

Can’t take Bowles from TB or Allen can only be a promotion. Both those guys are already DC and pretty sure under contract 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Marvin Lewis

That’s a possibility if he would want it 

Just tossing out thoughts. Wondering if Siri presented his OWN list or if he would be ok with us doing that hiring

https://fansided.com/2020/12/17/3-defensive-coordinators-cowboys-hire-2021/2/  My thought(Lewis) and 2 others and lord knows we could use secondary help lol. IDK if Siri has his own list he wants, but anyone on this list would be fine by me. These were suggestions for Dullaz,but any would work for us also. Plesant would be intriguing

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Just tossing out thoughts. Wondering if Siri presented his OWN list or if he would be ok with us doing that hiring

Welp considering we didn’t hire a DC first this time I’d image we are going to let Siri hire his own staff like it should be.

As a good coach I believe he should take advantage of Howie/Lurie if they have some connections to coaches maybe he doesn’t and at least talk with them but ultimately believe it should be his call who is on his staff.

If it’s not this way well then in 3 years or so I’d image us right back where we were with Doug if Siri has success a coach that wants more control

Hopefully now we can fill out our staff needs this weekend and be ready to hit it on Monday. I'm also pleased we still have Stine around to abuse HAHAHA

I do have a gut feeling that our D will be changing back to a 34 though guess we shall see.

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Welp considering we didn’t hire a DC first this time I’d image we are going to let Siri hire his own staff like it should be.

As a good coach I believe he should take advantage of Howie/Lurie if they have some connections to coaches maybe he doesn’t and at least talk with them but ultimately believe it should be his call who is on his staff.

If it’s not this way well then in 3 years or so I’d image us right back where we were with Doug if Siri has success a coach that wants more control

If the Colts suck next year, they could fire Reich and he can be our OC again under Siri HAHAHA(OH the humanity!!!)

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

IDK I would like to see(OMG heaven FORBID) all 3 of them working in tandem to get the guy they all like. This would just make things go MUCH MUCH smoother. I would still like Duce as OC (straight up without the pitiful "asst HC" BS title tacked on) and Sproles either as RB coach or some type promotion for him. I don;t mind hiring from within if you have people that deserve it

I'm just saying that list of 3 or Venables from Clemson would be a list I would approach Siri with and get his input. Who knows,he may find one better than his present choice(whomever that may be). I just want all 3 of them to work together,no drama,no friction,no BS. Thats the LAST thing we can afford

I’ll throw it out there would really like to see Anthony Lynn as OC loved elements of the Chargers O 

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I do have a gut feeling that our D will be changing back to a 34 though guess we shall see.

Colts ran a 4-3 and chances are we will hire their secondary coach to be our DC, which is one of the reasons I think the hire was made before that guy got another job. So I think our defense will be the same.

As far as the OC, I would prefer them to promote Duce and hire an experienced QB coach. The position should actually be attractive, since if you turn Wentz around, you look like a genius, and he should be much better next year just because the oline and receivers will be better, as they won't all be rookies and first-time starters, with the exception of the top pick.

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’ll throw it out there would really like to see Anthony Lynn as OC loved elements of the Chargers O 

Yeah IDK, I think we owe Duce the OC job. But that is just me. Straight up no "asst" BS. That would(with success) put him on the HC radar for later(aka exposure). Many on the team wanted him as HC,so this would pull the team together a bit "all for one"

7 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Colts ran a 4-3 and chances are we will hire their secondary coach to be our DC, which is one of the reasons I think the hire was made before that guy got another job. So I think our defense will be the same.

As far as the OC, I would prefer them to promote Duce and hire an experienced QB coach. The position should actually be attractive, since if you turn Wentz around, you look like a genius, and he should be much better next year just because the oline and receivers will be better, as they won't all be rookies and first-time starters, with the exception of the top pick.

I think Siri was hired to fix Wentz. IDK we need a DC that has coached LB's AND CB's and had success with both(if that guy exists). Not as worried about the Dline as I am the secondary,but we'll need to provide him the tools. If Siri can clamp down on Press and make him WORK instead of being just Wentz's "buddy" then fine. If not press needs to go

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Just not a fan of another inexperienced OC especially paired with an inexperienced HC would have two guys that have never called plays before. Would much rather see a more veteran OC paired but that is just my personal preference.

8 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

There have been reports linking Gannon to us already.  Jacksonville had recently requested to interview him for their DC spot.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Just not a fan of another inexperienced OC especially paired with an inexperienced HC would have two guys that have never called plays before. Would much rather see a more veteran OC paired but that is just my personal preference.

IDK Duce has 7 years in here and we are basically rebuilding now. This is a great chance for Duce to spread his wings work with the WR's coach while retaining his RB knowledge. Many of the players texted Lurie in his support as HC, so I think they would be fine with him as OC. Everyone happy, on the same page, working as one like we did in '17

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

There have been reports linking Gannon to us already.  Jacksonville had recently requested to interview him for their DC spot.  

Yeah but we have no idea if he has his own list that Lurie approved,so we shall see. I'm just happy for this hire right now. We have the CAKE,we just need to put the icing on it

For what it is worth Duce was Frank Reich top choice apparently to be OC in Indy and Duce opted to stay becuase he wouldn’t get play calling duties. So if he was thought highly by Frank sure he will say good things about Duce to Siri 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK Duce has 7 years i

But never been an OC or called plays same with Siri. I’m not saying it can’t work and I’ll be happy for Duce if he gets the chance but my personal preference would be a more experienced OC 

But at the end of the day it isn’t my call lol 😂 

Archived