Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, stine said:

Doug had Reich as the OC when they won the SB. That dude is very intelligent and was able to control Wentz. When he left there was a hole...

BOOM(mic drop)

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Chip was stuck between them lol

Ooooops ... forgot about him! haha!  Sure thanks for the (unpleasant) reminder!  lol  :lol:

1 hour ago, stine said:

Doug had Reich as the OC when they won the SB. That dude is very intelligent and was able to control Wentz. When he left there was a hole...

No argument there.  That was definitely one of Doug's biggest weaknesses ... filling out his staff appropriately.  Reich and Schwartz were hired for Doug, not by him.  When Doug finally had to fill a coordinator position - when Reich left - he chose to promote Groh which everyone KNEW was a bad move.  He should have hired Caldwell who had a ton of experience and also did some really good work with QBs previously.  I think that is the biggest reason why he was let go, because he wanted to promote Taylor rather than hire an OC with a much stronger background which was needed ... the offense was stale, uncreative, and predictable and had been since Reich left.  

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Ooooops ... forgot about him! haha!  Sure thanks for the (unpleasant) reminder!  lol  :lol:

My(dis)pleasure HAHAHA

The Duce situation. First  I HOPE he is not being considered, because we can get comp picks(under the new racist NFL rules) That would be demeaning(still trying to figure out how you solve racism probs by being racist, but that's another board) Secondly, as Stine pointed out, noone else has shown an interest in him, then again we know him better than others do. I think the fact he was interviewed bodes well for him. Perhaps it gives him more drive to learn what he MAY NOT know to be considered by many as a future HC. It may NOT be his time for us. Like trying to get into the HOF, Duce has now been "mentioned" and if you don't make it, you know you are a few "ballots" away from getting there. SO, I understand Stines opinions and he could be correct. With only 2 teams left, I doubt Duce goes somewhere else. I would personally hire Bien or Siriani, but also talk with Duce and tell him "you need to improve here, here and here, but you were close to a hire."(if anyone in our FO actually knows what they are talking about)  No hard feelings, could give Duce more incentive to learn from this new coach. IDK what, if anything, he learned from Doug or Chip(maybe how NOT to run a team lol). So I would offer that up, but not hire him as HC. Is this a snub? Not if you approached it as I have. It's more an incentive to make yourself more appealing as a HC candidate.If we do NOT hire him,are we then racist?? I wish this BS would all STOP and hire people on their talents(as it should be). And so, IDK what the FO will do. But I know we need to get this started because it's going to be difficult scouting draftees and we better get bizzy!!!!

Reports saying it’s down to Colts OC vs Josh McDaniels.

Saying HC could be named by the weekend

51 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK define "intelligence" Football smarts? Overall intellect? test scores? Street smarts? School of hard knocks? Everyone is stupid, just depends on the subject,so I don't know what your definition entails

Football IQ. Head coach should be the smartest person in the room. that does not mean he needs to know more on offense than the OC or defense than the DC. It means he needs to know how to delegate appropriately. He needs to know how to teach and how to teach his assistants how to teach the players. He needs to command attention when on the sidelines. He needs to know all of the rules and make sure his players and coaches do also. Time Management. Man I should write that 10 times......

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK I swore I could not die until we won a SB, so I am good. I don't base my fandom on how many trophys are in the case. I base it on the fact I can meet people like yourself,or 58,93 and everyone else on here. If being a fan is not in your blood, so be it, but this is my team, good, bad, indifferent and at my age, I need a place to complain and vent and this is the perfect place for it It depends on your POV I guess. Now I am hearing Siriani could be a front runner, so IDK. Don't feel bad Stine,I lived in Ohio,so besides the Eagles, I had to suffer through the Browns(by default),and you know Stine, it's not against the law to be the fan of TWO teams. I think Siriani would be a good pick. Good point on Duce and I DO believe that title was for appeasement , but I have no clue what he has learned since then. Doesn't matter what I think anyway

If I based my fandom on trophies, I would have not been an Eagles fan at all. No I base my fandom on the team and the owner's desire to win by any means. I base it by Geography as Philly is closest to my home for the last 63 years. That was not always the case. I was originally a Vikings fan being from NJ with no real team, us kids tended to pick one. Anyway, when they lost to KC I switched to the 1-13 Pittsburgh Steelers. QB was Terry Hanratty (spell?). Than they started doing well when they hired Chuck Knoll. But I went to college in WV and those Steeler fans were so dam ignorant I switched to my dad's team the Eagles. I have been a Philly fan ever since. But, I am sensing Lurie does not have the desire as much as I do. Keeping Howie is a sign he values loyalty more than winning. Hiring Duce may put the nail in the coffin for me. I will still root for the Eagles, just don't expect to see me on this sight or in their stands anymore...

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Hiring Duce may put the nail in the coffin for me.

I’d be interested in his staff reports have stated he has an extremely strong staff already lined up. Biggest concern though would be the same with Doug how much control would he seriously have over said staff at the first sign of trouble would Howie/Lurie just fire them for there hand picked guys. 

I am also good with Bieniemy or Brady. I feel like others that it may be a bit early for Brady, but willing to give him a shot. Just not comfortable with Duce. My opinion. Take it with a grain of salt....

Reports have also stated Duce was not a fan of the babying of Wentz. Did not like how upper management dealt with it. So think he would want change in that regard as well. 

As for McDaniels and Colts OC.

Mcdaniels seems like the extreme over reaction to Doug and honestly Wentz and the team will thrive or everything will completely collapse(might not be the worst thing) at least if it all blows up we can get a real restart 

Colts OC- kinda seem like the middle ground of Doug/McDaniels from what I read. Still lots of concerns like a Doug coming in...But they do say he is a bit gritty then Doug willing amd able to coach hard. 

38 minutes ago, stine said:

Time Management

Yeah Ped was NEVER good at this lol

26 minutes ago, stine said:

I am also good with Bieniemy or Brady. I feel like others that it may be a bit early for Brady, but willing to give him a shot. Just not comfortable with Duce. My opinion. Take it with a grain of salt....

What's your take on Siriani?( kinda like KARMA here) 

30 minutes ago, stine said:

If I based my fandom on trophies, I would have not been an Eagles fan at all. No I base my fandom on the team and the owner's desire to win by any means. I base it by Geography as Philly is closest to my home for the last 63 years. That was not always the case. I was originally a Vikings fan being from NJ with no real team, us kids tended to pick one. Anyway, when they lost to KC I switched to the 1-13 Pittsburgh Steelers. QB was Terry Hanratty (spell?). Than they started doing well when they hired Chuck Knoll. But I went to college in WV and those Steeler fans were so dam ignorant I switched to my dad's team the Eagles. I have been a Philly fan ever since. But, I am sensing Lurie does not have the desire as much as I do. Keeping Howie is a sign he values loyalty more than winning. Hiring Duce may put the nail in the coffin for me. I will still root for the Eagles, just don't expect to see me on this sight or in their stands anymore...

Every team has the desire,now we are back to "intelligence" which may be something we lack at the upper level lol

49 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Reports saying it’s down to Colts OC vs Josh McDaniels.

Saying HC could be named by the weekend

Siriani, yeah I'm good with him. McDaniels I think would butt heads with Howie (maybe Siri would too IDK) It's easy to be a yes man when the team is winning(Pats), when you start to degrade thats where the staff friction begins trying to maintain that "high" I heard(maybe rumor?) that McDaniel has a very short fuse. We need someone strong that keeps the goals set but has a little patience cause we aren't doing this in a year. For me thats Siri, or Bien

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

McDaniels I think would butt heads with Howie

Howie is reportedly the one in favor of McDaniels which I did find odd cuz I’d figured the same thing 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Howie is reportedly the one in favor of McDaniels which I did find odd cuz I’d figured the same thing 

Yeah and Lurie likes Duce. So maybe they both compromise and hire Siriani or Bien. I didn't know Siriani was being considered. I like him better than Bien actually and he would be my personal choice

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

heard(maybe rumor?) that McDaniel has a very short fuse.

He was definitely an arrogant **** back in Denver but that was a decade ago the question is how much has he change if any 

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What's your take on Siriani?( kinda like KARMA here) 

TBH, I do not know much about Siriani. He is the Colts OC. SO knows how Reich coaches. Not a bad man to coach under I guess. But really have no idea.

Wonder if ANY of these guys have had a 2nd interview.  Seems every other team had a short list of candidates that went through a 2nd interview before making a decision.  I haven't heard of anyone doing a 2nd interview here.  

2 minutes ago, stine said:

TBH, I do not know much about Siriani. He is the Colts OC. SO knows how Reich coaches. Not a bad man to coach under I guess. But really have no idea.

It would be a bit of Karma. I really didn't know he was being considered. He must be now because they are seeing neither Duce or McDaniels as the best option. So although I want a decision as fast as possible, I'm glad they are considering him

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Wonder if ANY of these guys have had a 2nd interview.  Seems every other team had a short list of candidates that went through a 2nd interview before making a decision.  I haven't heard of anyone doing a 2nd interview here.  

Siri from the reports I have seen went a day and into the next day. Thats a good sign for him

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Siri's from the reports I have seen went a day and into the next day. Thats a good sign for him

Heard the McDaniels interview went super long too.  

Archived