Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, stine said:

LOL I got it bud... Forgot about that... Point is, allot of teams value having at least 2 solid RB's. Scott is good but he cannot handle the load should Sanders go down. We have 1 RB that can play 3 downs and he hasn't played a full season yet, has he? Draft another in the 3rd or 4th round that you think can help. I am not sure if RB's are plentiful or not this year though

Yep, I have Gainwell in round 3

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Brown was better then Scott with his 400 yards and 4.1 carry avg.

Fournette 367 3.8 avg.

Scott 380 4.7 avg ??? 

You would seriously take Scott over fournette?

LOL I got it bud... Forgot about that... Point is, allot of teams value having at least 2 solid RB's. Scott is good but he cannot handle the load should Sanders go down. We have 1 RB that can play 3 downs and he hasn't played a full season yet, has he? Draft another in the 3rd or 4th round that you think can help. I am not sure if RB's are plentiful or not this year though

I definitely do not disagree with that.  Wanted us to draft another decent back last year (and still hoping to do so this year) to pair with Sanders.  Honestly I only saw B93s post stating he was a Giant and responded (I didn't see to what he was responding).  Just getting out of a meeting and logging back on so have some catching up to do haha.  

And I agree with that top statement... But once again that means you don’t know if Siri has final say over his staff or not. You are ASSUMING he doesn’t just like I’m Assuming he does.

So why is it ok that you assume one thing yet I can at assume the other??? 

I am not assuming he does or doesn't, thats what you are not getting. What I don't need to assume is that decision was made BEFORE the hire . And as I said there are only 3 people that know what that decision was. They did not hire him THEN talk about it,it was discussed prior to the hire

Just now, stine said:

Fournettee has been extremely lack luster through most of his career. The reality is they producing at the same level. 

So as i stated Scott has been on par with most backups. And he did it last year behind a way inferior OL to block upfront 

How many passing yards for Fournette? Gotta look at all of it. if I ran the ball ONCE for 6 yards and quit,I would have a 6 yard average lol

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I am not assuming he does or doesn't, thats what you are not getting. What I don't need to assume is that decision was made BEFORE the hire . And as I said there are only 3 people that know what that decision was. They did not hire him THEN talk about it,it was discussed prior to the hire

You are your saying the FO had the say lmao I’ll even go back and quote it for you if you like 

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I definitely do not disagree with that.  Have wanted us to draft another decent back the past couple of years.  Honestly I only saw B93s post stating he was a Giant and responded (I didn't see to what he was responding).  Just getting out of a meeting and logging back on so have some catching up to do haha.  

I have Gainwell in 3 only because we need other stuff in 1,2 lol

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You are your saying the FO had the say lmao I’ll even go back and quote it for you if you like 

Yes the FO has the say. if they can't make decisions,they are in the wrong job and you dont need to quote me because I will say it over and over lol

Is the HC candidate the new owner? Don't think so

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes the FO has the say. if they can't make decisions,they are in the wrong job and you dont need to quote me because I will say it over and over lol

So again your saying Fo has say over the staff that is an assumption???? That is assuming you don’t know lmao damn 

But keep being a hypocrite I’m finished with this now 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Fournettee has been extremely lack luster through most of his career. The reality is they producing at the same level. 

So as i stated Scott has been on par with most backups. And he did it last year behind a way inferior OL to block upfront 

3.9 yards per carry average and over 25 yards receiving per game average career. OK, not great, but I still think I would take him over Scott

On another note(lol) I would love to be in the position to grab Etienne for us, but we have so many needs

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

So again your saying Fo has say over the staff that is an assumption????

HUH? The FO has say over all of it, even the decision as to who chooses the coordinators,IDK what you don't understand 

1 minute ago, stine said:

3.9 yards per carry average and over 25 yards receiving per game average career. OK, not great, but I still think I would take him over Scott

Won’t deny the fact that Fournette has talent but doesn’t matter how talented he is if he doesn’t produce.

Roght now Fournette and Scott are producing at around the same level. Scott is producing on the level of most backups in the nfl is my point.

On another note(lol) I would love to be in the position to grab Etienne for us, but we have so many needs

HUH? The FO has say over all of it lol

No Owner Lurie has say over all... FO-Howie doesn’t... So again your assuming Fo has the control and you don’t know hypocrite 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

No Owner Lurie has say over all... FO-Howie doesn’t

Isn't this the FO?????? BOTH of them???? You're dense(to use your words) lol

Isn't this the FO?????? BOTH of them???? You're dense(to use your words) lol

I know you are dense finally you admit it 

If Lurie has "control over all" is he making the draft picks? Deciding on the contracts? Nope,they both make up the FO(because we have no separate GM)

I know you are dense finally you admit it 

No I said you were because you are clueless as to how this biz is set up

Welp daughter is in self quarrantine,so I need to go get her some things. HF all

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Going RB in the 3rd would be too rich for my blood.  While I agree RB is a need I think we have much bigger needs elsewhere that should be addressed earlier and can grab a decent back on day 3.  I have my eyes on Elijah Mitchell from Louisiana in the 5th or 6th. 

My ideal day 1/2 draft goes:  1 - Chase, 2 - Samuel Jr (or Campbell), 3 - Cisco.  

If Lurie has "control over all" is he making the draft picks? Deciding on the contracts? Nope,they both make up the FO(because we have no separate GM)

No I said you were because you are clueless as to how this biz is set up

I got it your admitting you dense I got it and clueless now lmao 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes at the end of the day he does whether he uses that power is on him he delegates that power to Howie his GM... Just like Lurie can give full control of the staff to Siri which you don’t know you just assume it’s Howie and the FO..

Hypocrite 

9 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Won’t deny the fact that Fournette has talent but doesn’t matter how talented he is if he doesn’t produce.

Roght now Fournette and Scott are producing at around the same level. Scott is producing on the level of most backups in the nfl is my point.

I need to see more production before making any decision on Scott. He has a career total of what, 140 carries? That is 1/2 a season for most running backs. I don't want a back up. I want a Number 2 that can split the load with Sanders. If Scott is that, great. I am not so sure and would like to add another. My opinion. I can see the value of yours also,

1 minute ago, stine said:

need to see more production before making any decision on Scott. He has a career total of what, 140 carries? That is 1/2 a season for most running backs. I don't want a back up. I want a Number 2 that can split the load with Sanders. If Scott is that, great. I am not so sure and would like to add another. My opinion. I can see the value of yours also,

Not Scott’s fault he is a backup RB on a team that doesn’t like to run but have to give him credit for making the most of his chances when given them. 

141 carries at a 4.4 clip isn’t bad production.

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Going RB in the 3rd would be too rich for my blood.  While I agree RB is a need I think we have much bigger needs elsewhere that should be addressed earlier and can grab a decent back on day 3.  I have my eyes on Elijah Mitchell from Louisiana in the 5th or 6th. 

My ideal day 1/2 draft goes:  1 - Chase, 2 - Samuel Jr (or Campbell), 3 - Cisco.  

It will be interesting to see how much say, if any, Siri has in this upcoming draft. I am sure he would love a WR and interior line depth. Maybe a CB, LB and RB?

If I’m honest I’d like the Eagles to get Howard back on track. Dude is a good RB and has shown it. 

Think a trio of Sanders/Howard/Scott can compete with most teams 

I am sure he would love a WR and interior line depth. Maybe a CB, LB and RB?

CB LB and DL honestly top my list. If we got another WR I’m fine with it but I’d like to see what we already have in our young guys we invested in, in an offense that doesn’t just run verticals all day and a coach that can actually coach them.

Archived