Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

17 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Definitely can’t rule out DL again my thought Is Lurie our FO will go back to there core beliefs why I strongly see 3 positions QB,OL,DL as the most likely for us. 

I have Oweh as the 38 pick on day 2. He's also a "homer"(Penn St.).One could argue he goes in late 1,so that could be an issue,but there are other Edge and DL guys at 38

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

See I think differently I want the best in a strong class 

I gotta be honest... OT usually has a bunch go early.... I think this class is considered the opposite of strong...same with DL.  In a normal year those 2 spots fill in more than half the top 10 or 15 picks.  3 OT in top 15 to me means it's a weaker class than usual. 

24 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

See I think differently I want the best in a strong class 

Hard to know what "best" is. There will be no combine. As you know many players can't transition. You may also recall JJ blew away guys picked before him,so was he the "best" in that class?

40 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Mailata/Dillard,

This is the big question mark to me.... I’m not overly high on Mailta think he could go either way but he is a 7th rounder so don’t think he will drastically influence our decision to draft a guy at T.... Dillard is hard so many reports about him if we really are down on him and want to move him think OT is a very strong possibility at 6 still. 

If all those reports are bogus and we let them compete then might agree 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hard to know what "best" is. There will be no combine. As you know many players can't transition. You may also recall JJ blew away guys picked before him,so was he the "best" in that class?

This can be said about every position then... But I’m way more confident in drafting a guy from a strong group over the best in a weak group especially with no combine and workouts available. 

18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How about adding a blocker along with Goedert so we can run.   I think you should look up where our production level was with Ertz and Goedert both on the field as compared to just one of them.  

Pitts is "fair" as a blocker. He could use some work there, but as an offensive weapon, I would be fine upping his blocking ability as time goes on,but I get a matchup nightmare as a receiver right away. like 93's thought about picking up Mack. He can bang and block for Sanders I believe and he shouldn't break the little bank we will have, plus Siri know how to use him already

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Kelce had a cap hit of $8.4M in 2021 prior to the new deal.  His announcement indicates he'll continue playing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/05/jason-kelce-restructures-contract-will-be-back-with-eagles/

Salary was only like $4.3 mil.  That it the part they are restructuring... it's not a big chunk at all compared to the other obvious guys we already knew they had to redo.  

I think with this type of move, going cheap on punter.... what I am getting from this, they are leaning toward signing Barnett to a long term deal as opposed to cutting him.  

But Slay, Graham, Lane, Cox .... all expected restructuring, nothing special there, it had to be done. 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I gotta be honest... OT usually has a bunch go early.... I think this class is considered the opposite of strong...same with DL.  In a normal year those 2 spots fill in more than half the top 10 or 15 picks.  3 OT in top 15 to me means it's a weaker class than usual. 

Joe im going by what I’m hear and see... The flashy guys always get hyped up though in the early going the WRs DBs etc. then when the draft comes we see lot more linemen go then expected. 

Right now I’m hearing 3 guys heavily on the OL going top 15 lots of guys talked about as late 1st early 2nd as well. Think we will start to hear more OL guys talked about the closer we get to the draft 

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This can be said about every position then... But I’m way more confident in drafting a guy from a strong group over the best in a weak group especially with no combine and workouts available. 

That is Pitts. TE is not all that strong, but this guy is a once in 5 year player at his position and really no bodyeven comes close,even the second ranked TE,plus you get a WR besides

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This is the big question mark to me.... I’m not overly high on Mailta think he could go either way but he is a 7th rounder so don’t think he will drastically influence our decision to draft a guy at T.... Dillard is hard so many reports about him if we really are down on him and want to move him think OT is a very strong possibility at 6 still. 

To me, drafting an OT at 6 isn't a great idea because the one nice thing about Hurts is that he's built like a RB and can create time with his legs, so having a LT like Mailata who gets beat occasionally doesn't hurt you as much as having a pure pocket passer or someone who is less likely to be able to absorb a lot of hits.

So the choice becomes take a qb at 6 and put his life in Mailata's hands, or take an OT at 6 and give Hurts a layer of protection he doesn't need.

To me, it makes much more sense to give Hurts a true top of the line playmaker than it does to give him a solid LT. 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

That is Pitts. TE is not all that strong, but this guy is a once in 5 year player at his position and really no even comes close,even the second ranked TE,plus you get a WR besides

If Pitts is that great of a player why is he falling to us at 6???? Why isn’t ATL taking him Miami Cincy, the Jets??? I’m fine with the idea of Pitts I just don’t see us drafting him 

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have Oweh as the 38 pick on day 2. He's also a "homer"(Penn St.).One could argue he goes in late 1,so that could be an issue,but there are other Edge and DL guys at 38

Let's say we had pick 37... instead of 38... hypothetically of course.  Who would you see us drafting there?

In UDFA,I would like to snag the OC from Stanford-Dalmon. I think he would be fine as Kelce's future replacement

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

If Pitts is that great of a player why is he falling to us at 6???? Why isn’t ATL taking him Miami Cincy, the Jets??? I’m fine with the idea of Pitts I just don’t see us drafting him 

Because they have bigger needs

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

So the choice becomes take a qb at 6 and put his life in Mailata's hands, or take an OT at 6 and give Hurts a layer of protection he doesn't need.

To me, it makes much more sense to give Hurts a true top of the line playmaker than it does to give him a solid LT. 

Watching Wilson all these years makes me disagree sure they can do it but QBs want protection.... If hurts is the guy what’s better him having 2 sec. and scrambling to extend plays or him protected for 5 secs plus still being able to extend. Goal should always be to give the qB as much protection and time possible.

This also in turn helps the WRs and TEs it’s hard to guard guys for a long period of time 

Just my two cent on the idea 

Atl could trade down with Carolina,see that easliy. Cincy will take Chase to pair with Burrow. Miami would probably grab Sewell to protect Tua if they still think he is the guy. Jets will take a QB,seems to me they are convinced Darnold is NOT the guy

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

In UDFA,I would like to snag the OC from Stanford-Dalmon. I think he would be fine as Kelce's future replacement

Because they have bigger needs

Jets to me Stick with Darnold so he needs weapons... Miami and Cincy if one doesn’t  get an OT then another weapons makes perfect sense for young QBs TE is also a QB best friend lol and Cincy and Miami has a good WR group no TEs really though ATL Pitts/Ridley/Jones for Matt Ryan and Smith as the HC that tough think ATL get a QB later.

Well our opinions differ. Just because A player is drafted in the 7th round, it does not mean the player will just be average. Ask Brady what he thinks... Mailata was a demon against the run last year. His Pass protection was suspect at first, but he improved during the year. He will just bet better. So I am not worried about him. Dillard is another matter. No one knows about him yet even though he was a 1st round pick. Gb pointed out that he may work out better as a guard and maybe that is where he ends up. Not sure they trade him unless they can get at least a 2nd round pick for him. Think HR is willing to admit he made a mistake there? That is what he would be doing if he unloaded him for anything less than a 2nd rounder....

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Pitts is "fair" as a blocker. He could use some work there, but as an offensive weapon, I would be fine upping his blocking ability as time goes on,but I get a matchup nightmare as a receiver right away. like 93's thought about picking up Mack. He can bang and block for Sanders I believe and he shouldn't break the little bank we will have, plus Siri know how to use him already

Like I said before ... you don't have to sell me on Pitts, I already knew about him from high school.  Dude is a stud.  Was just commenting on a need to go 2 TEs ... we didn't do well with that formation, it didn't give us an edge in the running game like it should.  If we pass on Pitts, I would prefer to go with a blocking type, so now it's strong in the run game as Goedert is already a good blocker.   Especially if we go with a running QB. 

ATL trade down with Carolina would still net them a Waddle or Smith at WR

Jets to me Stick with Darnold so he needs weapons... Miami and Cincy if one doesn’t  get an OT then another weapons makes perfect sense for young QBs TE is also a QB best friend lol and Cincy and Miami has a good WR group no TEs really though ATL Pitts/Ridley/Jones for Matt Ryan and Smith as the HC that tough think ATL get a QB later.

WHy ATL will trade down with Carolina which pretty much puts Pitts in our lap. CIncy could take him,but I think they would rather have Chase with Burrow since there is a connection there already

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Jets trying to shop Darnold makes you think they are sticking with him? Only if they have no other options. They take Wilson

Just now, stine said:

Well our opinions differ. Just because A player is drafted in the 7th round, it does not mean the player will just be average. Ask Brady what he thinks... Mailata was a demon against the run last year. His Pass protection was suspect at first, but he improved during the year. He will just bet better. So I am not worried about him. Dillard is another matter. No one knows about him yet even though he was a 1st round pick. Gb pointed out that he may work out better as a guard and maybe that is where he ends up. Not sure they trade him unless they can get at least a 2nd round pick for him. Think HR is willing to admit he made a mistake there? That is what he would be doing if he unloaded him for anything less than a 2nd rounder....

Never said avg. I’m just not sold he will be great either said I could see him go either way. I’m really worried about him because he won on his physical talents but teams figured him out as the year went on from what I seen... Dillard again as I’ve stated would be the key in my eyes do we keep him don’t we??? Lots of talk we looking to trade him that he is on the block. 

See I wouldn’t put all my eggs in the Mailata basket I could see him being really good or really struggling 

7 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Joe im going by what I’m hear and see... The flashy guys always get hyped up though in the early going the WRs DBs etc. then when the draft comes we see lot more linemen go then expected. 

Right now I’m hearing 3 guys heavily on the OL going top 15 lots of guys talked about as late 1st early 2nd as well. Think we will start to hear more OL guys talked about the closer we get to the draft 

Absolutely.. but I'm saying... go look back at drafts and even pre draft rankings.  3 OL in top 15 is way low.  Usually QB and the lines dominate the top 15... with only the standouts at the other spots making their way in.  Normally all these CBs and WRs would be filling in late teens to 20s.  

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Never said avg. I’m just not sold he will be great either said I could see him go either way. I’m really worried about him because he won on his physical talents but teams figured him out as the year went on from what I seen... Dillard again as I’ve stated would be the key in my eyes do we keep him don’t we??? Lots of talk we looking to trade him that he is on the block. 

See I wouldn’t put all my eggs in the Mailata basket I could see him being really good or really struggling 

Well we still have Dillard too right?

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Jets trying to shop Darnold makes you think they are sticking with him? Only if they have no other options. They take Wilson

Except I’ve seen just as many reports that the Jets plan to stick with Darnold so yea I think they ride with Darnold and are trying to drum up a trade market for #2 pick 

Archived