EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, greend said:

And you're being very naive if you even remotely believe it's the same thing.

Is this considered a personal attack?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Honestly, I’d prefer pick 33 in this scenario. I don’t hate Wentz at all, and I expect him to play well, but I want no part of watching him lead the Colts to a SB win. 

Ehhhhhh. He’s not at that level. 

2 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Is this considered a personal attack?

Your nipple still in the ringer, bro?

Just now, greend said:

And you're being very naive if you even remotely believe it's the same thing.

I dont want to engage in the covid conversation right now on this board

It's personal 😉

8 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

It's funny you mention this, I was talking with a friend the other day about trading for Watson and when I told him I can separate the off the field stuff with on the field, he told me most fans can't do that, players being good guys matters to them.

And I said yeah it matters as long as they're playing well, the second they start to suck no one ever gives a crap anymore who's a "good guy."

Tell a crowd of 70,000 Eagles fans Demarco Murray is a good guy, when he ducks out of a tackle or Byron Maxwell blows a coverage. You think they care?

It's funny how once Wentz sucked, people started ripping on him for hunting quail and hanging animals up at his log cabin, but when he was winning no one ever gave a crap about that stuff. You see it all over social media once he started to suck people taking him to task over his hunting. Never saw that in 2017 or 2018.

Being a "good guy" has always been a icing on the cake for fans, but never the cake itself.

I am a broken record when saying this.  I couldn't give two shizts about off the field stuff.  As long as the dude isn't a terrible human being.  What he does off the field makes 0 difference to me (unless it is impacting his on the field stuff).  I couldn't care less about what Carson did off the field.  We saw what he did on the field and that's all that matters to me.

Notes today on Dillard 

Derek Barnett got his hands up in Dillard's face, pushing his helmet up on his forehead. It was an obvious hands to the face penalty, but Dillard took himself off the field and strolled around on the sidelines without getting any sort of medical attention for a series before returning to the field. I think that ideally you'd like to see a player want to continue on and make the defender pay, but that didn't happen.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-training-camp-notes-day-3-some-quarterback-observations-jalen-hurts-058882/

Just now, Utebird said:

I dont want to engage in the covid conversation right now on this board

It's personal 😉

That's cool with me. And don't get me wrong I am fully vaccinated. But I see why these guys might not want to say

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Well I guess it's a plus he at least didn't cry

That we know of...

17 minutes ago, greend said:

That's cool with me. And don't get me wrong I am fully vaccinated. But I see why these guys might not want to say

It's not personal to me, it was a tongue in cheek comment 

I'm also fully vaccinated, I have zero problems telling anyone who will listen and also realize no body cares😄

Having said that I also distrust the media and if I were in the public spotlight and some reporter asked me about my vaccination status I'd probably tell him to eat a D.

I just find it funny that players will answer all sorts of personal questions all the time then when someone asks them about their vaccination status, they say, that's personal???

Honestly I'm sure the organization has asked their players to answer the question the same as to avoid any drama and present a unified front which is fine and I get it just find it odd  that there's so much secrecy around it.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I know that but he really seems to have dedicated his offseason to getting in better shape.  Need to see more from him but he could have gone the lazy route and assumed because he played last year he had an easier road.

We'll see what he can do.  

If he did... he'd likely have ended up cut.  A new HC (though Stoutland remains) doesn't have any loyalty to UDFAs from the previous coaching staff.  

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Oh boy.  Package him with Simmons and get him out of town.  The two softies can put their arms around each other and cry together.

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Well I guess it's a plus he at least didn't cry

Oh for f's sake.  Reading that, how do you know he didn't get poked in the eye and needed a second to walk it off.  Always worst case scenario for some folks.

15 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

It's funny you mention this, I was talking with a friend the other day about trading for Watson and when I told him I can separate the off the field stuff with on the field, he told me most fans can't do that, players being good guys matters to them.

And I said yeah it matters as long as they're playing well, the second they start to suck no one ever gives a crap anymore who's a "good guy."

Tell a crowd of 70,000 Eagles fans Demarco Murray is a good guy, when he ducks out of a tackle or Byron Maxwell blows a coverage. You think they care?

It's funny how once Wentz sucked, people started ripping on him for hunting quail and hanging animals up at his log cabin, but when he was winning no one ever gave a crap about that stuff. You see it all over social media once he started to suck people taking him to task over his hunting. Never saw that in 2017 or 2018.

Being a "good guy" has always been a icing on the cake for fans, but never the cake itself.

Which is why I want the payers to not show me their off-field ideals on game day

47 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So we gonna kill this guy like some of you killed Wentz for the same answer ??

Yes

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Your nipple still in the ringer, bro?

Of course it was.

Jesus hurt his foot already kekw

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Oh for f's sake.  Reading that, how do you know he didn't get poked in the eye and needed a second to walk it off.  Always worst case scenario for some folks.

I would have figured he'd go to the blue tent or have a doctor/coach check out his eye

34 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I imagine if Carson helped lead the colts to a super bowl there would be a lot of people on here pissed off and a lot of crow needing to be eaten as well. 

Who should they be pissed at?  Carson was the one who wanted out.  

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Who should they be pissed at?  Carson was the one who wanted out.  

Probably the person who constructed the team of lawn chair WRs whereas with the Colts he actually had the pieces around him to succeed at the highest level. Call me crazy maybe if the team did a better job drafting and constructing the team over the last two years it never gets to that point. 

7 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Jesus hurt his foot already kekw

Jesus hurt both his hand and his feet over 2000 years ago, where you been?

4 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Indeed. He shoulda chopped Barnett's knees out.😣

Sheesh. You people.

Let's not pretend like you wouldn't have gotten revenge at some point

36 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I imagine if Carson helped lead the colts to a super bowl there would be a lot of people on here pissed off and a lot of crow needing to be eaten as well. 

I would be happy if the Colts win the Super Bowl with Wentz at the helm, provided that it wasn't the Eagles they beat in the process. But otherwise, sure, why not? I've always thought Wentz was an excellent quarterback, and I thought it was an asinine decision to trade him.

Okay, so I get it. If they make the playoffs and get knocked out in the first round, the Eagles would get the 20th pick or thereabouts. And 20th is better than 32nd.  That'd be a positive outcome too. 

Whatever the case, I don't plan on rooting against Wentz. I think that's just juvenile.

Archived