EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

A personal question would be, how long is your ding dong, are you a grower or a shower???

Thats s personal question.

Are you vaccinated is a medical question, next time one of the reporters asks about a players health, say, his knee or shoulder I expect him to say, that's a personal question.

So, you don't think medical questions can be personal?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Curious, what would be your reaction if we got pick #32 from the Colts ??

Part of me would be happy for Carson. The other part of me would be bitter/disappointed Carson couldn't do it with us. 

37 minutes ago, RLC said:

It's a real shame we couldn't get a straight 1st rounder. Would have loved to root against Indy all year. At least we have Miami.

Might have to settle for a non-binary 1st rounder.

Should we not be rooting for the Colts to suck as much as possible with Wentz as the starter? I’m confused. 

I appreciate Wentz, but he’s no longer on the team. I want him to lead the colts to an 0-17 record this year. Next year, who cares. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

I want as high as a 1st round pick from the Colts as possible. The best case scenario for that was the Colts having a top 10 offense but a bottom 10 defense. Because of the conditions for the pick, we have to root for Carson to be healthy, good, but not great. That's an awkward middle.

Fair enough then apologies

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I imagine if Carson helped lead the colts to a super bowl there would be a lot of people on here pissed off and a lot of crow needing to be eaten as well. 

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

This glass jawed MF'er can't even make it through first week of camp unscathed. I'm so glad we're done with his circus.

Downside is, we're not getting that first.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

So do we think the LT competition will last the entire pre-season?  If one of Mailata or Dillard continually looks good in practice, I would hope they ride the hot hand instead of breaking up rhythm just to see what the other guy can do.  

I know they want an open competition but if one of them stands out, I hope they say OK you're LT1.  Build that OL chemistry....of course we need healthy LG to do so.

First week of camp. Doubt that Stoutland is going to call a starter so quickly

23 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Lol at the wording. Why would you use "out indefinitely" besides to create clickbait and buzz

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So we gonna kill this guy like some of you killed Wentz for the same answer ??

No because the hate and dislike for Wentz is real with this fanbase. They wont care that Kerrigan wants to be private

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

I want as high as a 1st round pick from the Colts as possible. The best case scenario for that was the Colts having a top 10 offense but a bottom 10 defense. Because of the conditions for the pick, we have to root for Carson to be healthy, good, but not great. That's an awkward middle.

He just needs to take 70% of the snaps. He can fumble every one, it wouldn't matter.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

This glass jawed MF'er can't even make it through first week of camp unscathed. I'm so glad we're done with his circus.

And that's why I laugh at everyone banking on the 1st from the Colts this year. Dumb and dumber 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Not to worry, with Hurts at the helm we'll have a nice high first round pick. All we need is to be to get rid of Howie so we don't waste it.

Just now, greend said:

Not to worry, with Hurts at the helm we'll have a nice high first round pick. All we need is to be to get rid of Howie so we don't waste it.

It'd be awesome to have a new GM with those picks

Just now, Mike030270 said:

It'd be awesome to have a new GM with those picks

Yup, but I don't have a lot of confidence in Jeff to pick the right one

2 minutes ago, greend said:

If they do which I expect, that one pick isn't nearly enough. Trade that in and try to get a kings ransom or at least a quality bounty back... 

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

You know we have guys not practicing already ( Brooks, hamstring ) and guys who didn't even pass their conditioning test.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It's better than pick 33. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

So, you don't think medical questions can be personal?

They can and players answer them all the time.

If a reporter asks, are you wearing a knee brace??? I've never heard a player other than maybe Marshawn Lynch, say , that's a personal question.

Hey Player A how's your shoulder feel???

Player A- that's a personal question...?

No they usually just say good or fine.

Hey Player A did you get herpes from your fun bus last night?

Player A- the bus wasn't fun...

🤔

I used to laugh at the cowboys because Jones couldn't keep his hands off the team and he's a clown. Now I realize that Lurie is just as big of a clown

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

First week of camp. Doubt that Stoutland is going to call a starter so quickly

Lol at the wording. Why would you use "out indefinitely" besides to create clickbait and buzz

No because the hate and dislike for Wentz is real with this fanbase. They wont care that Kerrigan wants to be private

It's funny you mention this, I was talking with a friend the other day about trading for Watson and when I told him I can separate the off the field stuff with on the field, he told me most fans can't do that, players being good guys matters to them.

And I said yeah it matters as long as they're playing well, the second they start to suck no one ever gives a crap anymore who's a "good guy."

Tell a crowd of 70,000 Eagles fans Demarco Murray is a good guy, when he ducks out of a tackle or Byron Maxwell blows a coverage. You think they care?

It's funny how once Wentz sucked, people started ripping on him for hunting quail and hanging animals up at his log cabin, but when he was winning no one ever gave a crap about that stuff. You see it all over social media once he started to suck people taking him to task over his hunting. Never saw that in 2017 or 2018.

Being a "good guy" has always been a icing on the cake for fans, but never the cake itself.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

They can and players answer them all the time.

If a reporter asks, are you wearing a knee brace??? I've never heard a player other than maybe Marshawn Lynch, say , that's a personal question.

Hey Player A how's your shoulder feel???

Player A- that's a personal question...?

No they usually just say good or fine.

Hey Player A did you get herpes from your fun bus last night?

Player A- the bus wasn't fun...

🤔

And you're being very naive if you even remotely believe it's the same thing.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Honestly, I’d prefer pick 33 in this scenario. I don’t hate Wentz at all, and I expect him to play well, but I want no part of watching him lead the Colts to a SB win. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

I used to laugh at the cowboys because Jones couldn't keep his hands off the team and he's a clown. Now I realize that Lurie is just as big of a clown

Ehhhhhh. He’s not at that level. 

If Carson is out for the season we can trade Hurts to the Colts in return for removing the 1st round conditions on the 2022 pick.... plus a conditional 5th rounder...

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

It's funny you mention this, I was talking with a friend the other day about trading for Watson and when I told him I can separate the off the field stuff with on the field, he told me most fans can't do that, players being good guys matters to them.

And I said yeah it matters as long as they're playing well, the second they start to suck no one ever gives a crap anymore who's a "good guy."

Tell a crowd of 70,000 Eagles fans Demarco Murray is a good guy, when he ducks out of a tackle or Byron Maxwell blows a coverage. You think they care?

It's funny how once Wentz sucked, people started ripping on him for hunting quail and hanging animals up at his log cabin, but when he was winning no one ever gave a crap about that stuff. You see it all over social media once he started to suck people taking him to task over his hunting. Never saw that in 2017 or 2018.

Being a "good guy" has always been a icing on the cake for fans, but never the cake itself.

Oh this is obvious. Look no more than cole hamels 2008 and 2009. 2008 people loved him especially after that epic postseason run. Meanwhile 2009 he really struggled and especially in the playoffs and he had a poor choice of words after a game. People ripped him like no other and some went super personal off the field stuff. He was the same good guy off the field during both of those. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Honestly, I’d prefer pick 33 in this scenario. I don’t hate Wentz at all, and I expect him to play well, but I want no part of watching him lead the Colts to a SB win. 

Watching him drop dimes and lead the Colts to and through the super bowl would be terrible. Kinda like watching Reggie win one for the Packers. I was happy for Reggie but sick to my stomach as an Eagle's fan

Archived