EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

12 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Never said he was wrong, said it was a silly question and a silly response 

I would have preferred no comment or next question or an allen Iverson Rant or maybe flip the table and attack the reporter just for entertainment value 

It's personal though? That's a cop out, it's not personal, it's an interpersonal situation that effects us all.

He can choose to answer however he wants and his answer either way is going to have consequences, one of those consequences us people are going to talk about it either way.

This is my chosen response, it's not personal...

And again having said that I'll repeat,I'm sure that's not why the press asked, they asked because it's their job to ask 

If you’re not answering Yes to it, there really isn’t a good alternative answer unless if you flat out just say No and ask people to respect your decision. Someone asked Hurts yesterday and he said he got it. That’s the only response people will accept. I’m surprised more guys haven’t said that they have an allergic reaction and can’t get it just to give an appeasing answer. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Never said he was wrong, said it was a silly question and a silly response 

I would have preferred no comment or next question or an allen Iverson Rant or maybe flip the table and attack the reporter just for entertainment value 

It's personal though? That's a cop out, it's not personal, it's an interpersonal situation that effects us all.

He can choose to answer however he wants and his answer either way is going to have consequences, one of those consequences us people are going to talk about it either way.

This is my chosen response, it's not personal...

And again having said that I'll repeat,I'm sure that's not why the press asked, they asked because it's their job to ask 

Silly questions should always be answered with silly responses.  

It is personal.  He's not around all of them, or all of us... he is around whom he is around.  And the team knows his status.  I don't know the status of the people at the grocery store, the ones with masks, or the ones without.  Nor do you.  And I don't plan on asking them all, do you?  

22 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

Oh, sorry about that, having had other real world issues to address I left the forum for a bit there.

Back to the supposed discussion we were having, I think I get it now.

We're dealing with members of an entire generation who believe that the words " Expeliarrmus " and "Troll" are actually truly words in Latin and have magical powers "beyond any of our comprehension".

download-2.jpg

Other 'interesting' literary devices.

You notice Harry has no actual parents or elders. Such a convenient literary device :thumbsup:

Who are you even talking to? 

1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

If you’re not answering Yes to it, there really isn’t a good alternative answer unless if you flat out just say No and ask people to respect your decision. Someone asked Hurts yesterday and he said he got it. That’s the only response people will accept. 

I would have totally accepted an Eat a D response!

In fact I would have encouraged and applauded it.

Reporters during a football PC aren't asking for public health concerns they're asking cuz that's what they do.

If someone were to ask me I would assume it was relevant to the current situation and in an effort to protect me one self or others from possibly transmission.

That's not why reporters are asking so they can get bent and still I think, it's personal is about the least responsible answer I e can give 

If I were Lurie and Co. I'd market that stock answer differently.

On my way to work, listening to Fox sports radio.  Talking about the Wentz injury and what to do if he is out for most or all the season.  Guess what came up?  Colts trading for Nick Foles 😄.  They dont have the balls to pull that off, do they?  They talked about the same things for Foles and his familiarity with Frank Reich.

10 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Who are you even talking to? 

Have you ever lived in a big city? Never make eye contact or talk to people who are talking to themselves 

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I would have totally accepted an Eat a D response!

In fact I would have encouraged and applauded it.

Reporters during a football PC aren't asking for public health concerns they're asking cuz that's what they do.

If someone were to ask me I would assume it was relevant to the current situation and in an effort to protect me one self or others from possibly transmission.

That's not why reporters are asking so they can get bent and still I think, it's personal is about the least responsible answer I e can give 

If I were Lurie and Co. I'd market that stock answer differently.

He basically did, just in a socially acceptable way, but because it wasn't funny to you, you don't encourage or applaud his unwillingness to answer the question in an affirmative or negative.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

He basically did, just in a socially acceptable way, but because it wasn't funny to you, you don't encourage or applaud his unwillingness to answer the question in an affirmative or negative.

So much for the "no wonder 90% of the Eagles are vaccinated" crowd that jumped all over Wentz the other day. I guess Kerrigan isn't a leader either

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Silly questions should always be answered with silly responses.  

It is personal.  He's not around all of them, or all of us... he is around whom he is around.  And the team knows his status.  I don't know the status of the people at the grocery store, the ones with masks, or the ones without.  Nor do you.  And I don't plan on asking them all, do you?  

Play stupid games get stupid prizes.

I'm not a professional grocery shopper and no one sets up a PC to ask me if I found everything ok on isle 5 though if they did I'm sure some jack ass in the back would ask me if I was vaccinated to which I would respond eat a D then answer more questions about produce.

If I were in a store and somebody asked me if I were vaccinated I would have zero problems with telling them I was, if I wasn't vaccinated I might feel the question was personal 

Not saying thats how kerrigan or anyone else feels but that's how I'd feel in that personal moment between two humans in the grocery store.

Not so much at a grocery store PC I'd be more like this.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I'm not a professional grocery shopper and no one sets up a PC to ask me if I found everything ok on isle 5 though if they did I'm sure some jack ass in the back would ask me if I was vaccinated to which I would respond eat a D then answer more questions about produce.

If I were in a store and somebody asked me if I were vaccinated I would have zero problems with telling them I was, if I wasn't vaccinated I might feel the question was personal 

Not saying thats how kerrigan or anyone else feels but that's how I'd feel in that personal moment between two humans in the grocery store.

So... because he was a socially acceptable smart ass to the question, you have a problem with his answer... but would do the less socially acceptable response if you were in a similar situation.  Irony.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think saying "it's personal", sends the wrong message 

It's not personal, it's Interpersonal.

Saying it's personal reinforces the rugged hyper individualism mantra that's led to so many not getting vaccinated.

Like I said I get why he said it to a bunch of reporters, I think the eagles could re brand that stock answer to be more effective.

This MLB trade deadline has been wild. Baez to the Mets, Scherzer/Turner to the Dodgers, Berries to the Jays, Gallo/Rizzo to the Yankees, Kimberly to the White Sox. Buxton, Story, and Bryant also probably on the move. Never seen anything like it. 

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

This MLB trade deadline has been wild. Baez to the Mets, Scherzer/Turner to the Dodgers, Berries to the Jays, Gallo/Rizzo to the Yankees, Kimberly to the White Sox. Buxton, Story, and Bryant also probably on the move. Never seen anything like it. 

Don’t forget the Phillies trading for Anderson only for them to have it fall through in the most Phillies fashion of all time  

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t forget the Phillies trading for Anderson only for them to have it fall through in the most Phillies fashion of all time  

Yeah that was weird. But hard to get too worked up over Tyler Anderson. There's a rumor they're one of the teams in on Buxton which would be... interesting. He's great when he's not injured. Which is a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Are you being paid millions of dollars to do this grocery shopping? Are you wrestling with other shoppers, constantly in close quarters with them as you breath on them and they on you? What are the penalties should you test positive for Covid before shopping, forcing you to miss your weekly trip to eat some Ds? Who else suffers consequences because of this? Do they close the store and no one else is allowed to shop that week? 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... because he was a socially acceptable smart ass to the question, you have a problem with his answer... but would do the less socially acceptable response if you were in a similar situation.  Irony.

I didn't say he was a socially acceptable smart ass you did 

I think he was giving a vague stock answer to a group of national media that could possibly reach thousands of people and I think saying its personal sends a less effective message in the effort to end or contain a pandemic.

As for the rest, talking to Bob in the grocery store isn't similar to a oro athlete talking to the media at a PC, though I probably wouldn't tell Bob to eat a D, Bobs a nice guy I got no beef with Bob, he helped me find the cilantro in the produce section.

3 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Are you being paid millions of dollars to do this grocery shopping? Are you wrestling with other shoppers, constantly in close quarters with them as you breath on them and they on you? What are the penalties should you test positive for Covid before shopping, forcing you to miss your weekly trip to eat some Ds? Who else suffers consequences because of this? Do they close the store and no one else is allowed to shop that week? 

I've always wanted to do one of those grocery spending sprees where they give you a bunch of money and you get timed to see how fast you can cram your cart full of Twinkies and honey buns all while wrecking the store.

Honestly though I think I'd head straight for the expensive cheese and meat section.

4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Yeah that was weird. But hard to get too worked up over Tyler Anderson. There's a rumor they're one of the teams in on Buxton which would be... interesting. He's great when he's not injured. Which is a lot. 

It’s not so much Anderson the player as it’s the crapshow that is the Phillies organization for about a decade now. 

yeah i wouldn’t make that move. He’s perpetually hurt. Great player but always injured. They have enough of those type of guys. They really should just be sellers as they aren’t good. They are at .500 in a crap division thats the only reason they are remotely close to a playoff spot. 

57 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly they really don’t have to be. They don’t play a game that matters until 1.5 months from now and unless it’s a lis franc he’ll likely be ready to go week one 

Are you new around here? What's with the rational commentary? Don't you know that as Eagles fans we're apparently obliged to cry and complain and scream about every little thing and envision everything as the worst possible scenario?

3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

If they gave up good prospects this is a bad trade. Gibson has been good this year. The other years of his career indicate this is an outlier cause he has been pretty unimpressive outside of this season. Kennedy since 2017 has been bad then good. Waiting to see what they gave up 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If they gave up good prospects this is a bad trade

What if its your best prospect ??

12 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Exactly!

Archived