EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

50 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

And his career is defined by the year the team was a dumpster fire and he was hung out to dry every other pass? 

He is being judged for his actions last year and now this year.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me to use Smith on PR because he'll likely see 130+ targets at WR.  Reagor still should be the man IMO.

It absolutely doesn't make sense but a coordinator shouldn't be having to talk to a GM about where players are playing, either. 

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Did we resurrect Sean Taylor?  Who the f is S. Taylor?

Shakail. Some dude they signed from Indy

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

How long before Mullens Mania kicks in?

Consider me a Mullens Muncher

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Always liked him coming out of Florida St.  I think many times he showed under Schwartz he can be the most disruptive pass rusher they have but he didnt get the snaps.  Maybe they were fearful of injury, given his past, so they didnt play him as much.

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Always liked him coming out of Florida St.  I think many times he showed under Schwartz he can be the most disruptive pass rusher they have but he didnt get the snaps.  Maybe they were fearful of injury, given his past, so they didnt play him as much.

There is a lot of good things to say about the previous coaches, but giving players chances wasn’t really one of them… unless injuries forced them to.

9 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

How long before Mullens Mania kicks in?

Not until someone gives him the nickname.

Murder Arm Mullens😊

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Which is stupid.  Guy should be able to kneel and pray.  Point is, it really seemed like Hurts was pandering to the camera there.  

Meh, I dont know if I would call it pandering. I really depends on the context (which we dont know). For example, if it was him preparing himself before he first stepped out on the field, that is totally reasonable to me. Cameras are gonna be on him anyway, not much he can do... Now, if he randomly is doing it in the middle of practice, then it feels a bit more contrived.

So do we think the LT competition will last the entire pre-season?  If one of Mailata or Dillard continually looks good in practice, I would hope they ride the hot hand instead of breaking up rhythm just to see what the other guy can do.  

I know they want an open competition but if one of them stands out, I hope they say OK you're LT1.  Build that OL chemistry....of course we need healthy LG to do so.

38 minutes ago, downundermike said:

But the most important thing happened.

Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Report: Examining Jalen Hurts Day 1 -  Sports Illustrated Philadelphia Eagles News, Analysis and More

I am not religious but many players are and take a knee and say a little prayer.   Nothing wrong with that.  Pretty common amongst the members of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes when I was a kid, suspect it still is, and Hurts grew up in that area.  

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So Ertz is really like an immature girl.  Dies his hair and turns his shorts inside out so the Eagle emblem doesn't show.  Real mature.....f-ing bish.  

So between him sulking last year and phoning in some games to now him changing his hair colour, for a guy I’ve always liked as a player he’s not making it easy to like so far this season. 

Just now, RLC said:

It's not just a 2nd for Wentz. It's getting under that contract that is super valuable.

Yep. That and the headache of not knowing when his next injury will pop up. 1st is great, 2nd is just fine as well

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Uhhhhhh

So can we add foot to ACL, back, head, as things that are banged up on wentz.

2 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Yep. That and the headache of not knowing when his next injury will pop up. 1st is great, 2nd is just fine as well

So as well as watching eagles games this season which as a rule can be very frustrating, we will likely have to watch the injury reports of the colts and injury updates for wentz. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Encouraging 

Kind of normal situation for the third day of TC.  

Just now, EaglesIreland said:

So as well as watching eagles games this season which as a rule can be very frustrating, we will likely have to watch the injury reports of the colts and injury updates for wentz. 

Nope, I could care less if we get a 1st or a 2nd, both work for me. The colts are out of sight and mind in my household, I dont have time or energy to worry about what they are doing. Eagels games will be draining enough 😉

10 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Welp, 2 1sts and 2 2nds now.  

Well if he's out for a long time at least it will be a high 2nd.

Archived