EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Freshmilk said:

Lesson of the day: greend is the torch bearer for everything.  Just be like greend.

Lesson of the day: Freshmilk can't stand if people don't agree with him. Don't be like Freshmilk 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, greend said:

Lesson of the day: Freshmilk can't stand if people don't agree with him. Don't be like Freshmilk 

Can't stand is a bit strong.  Though of course your post was in disagreement to me as well.  So I guess we live in the same village.

1 hour ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Bro, they need time to prioritize their mental health. We are past the time when athletes like Raegor are valued simply for their athletic prowess. He has earned a place in football history, and has proven himself to be an amazing spokesperson and influencer who has much to offer brands even without competing and eventually in retirement.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bebnwy7udx12rszov9tv

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I'll be the last one off the hype train on these guys.  I still believe both can and will make contributions; in the end both will be given more than adequate opportunity to show what they can do.  In Reagor's case it's up to him as a professional athlete to channel adversity into motivation -- dedicate the season to his lost friend and dedicate himself to be better.  Dillard should win the starting job at LT through merit; if he can't do it then he needs to contribute in whatever role he's asked.

Yes this. I would not write off Reagor yet, if he can be Robert Woods I will take it at this point. Dont ever count guys out, I am really excited to hear that Taylor and Wallace are looking good with first team reps.

Admiral Brett Giroir, former assistant health secretary under President Trump, warned on "America Reports" Thursday that the Delta variant is so contagious that it's "just a matter of time" before everyone who is not vaccinated and hasn't had COVID-19 yet catches it.

ADM BRETT GIROIR: Anyone who’s not vaccinated and who did not have COVID previously, the Delta variant is so contagious that you’re going to get it. It is just a matter of time. If you have prior immunity you do have some protection, but more and more data are telling us that that protection is not so good against Delta. Remember, you can get the Flu every year. It’s not because your immunity isn’t good. It’s because the Flu changes and Delta is really a new strain that is different than everything we’ve seen. So, I am really concerned that natural immunity, although real, is not going to be sufficient against Delta.  If you don’t have natural immunity and you’re not vaccinated, you’re going to get Delta. So, prevent it by getting your vaccine. 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Yea, there are some in your boat who think he's better for depth.  We'll see.  The good news is that he seems to want to be better.  He's putting in work.

Oh I wasn't a Nick Cole fan.  All 3 are shaped the same but I think Hank was an underrated center.

If there is any player on the 90 who doesn't, then he shouldn't be on the 90, let alone the 53.

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lots of people on here didn't want him. I remember going back through the draft thread and quoting a bunch of them

Yup there were a bunch of people that liked him and a bunch that didn't.

Made for good dialogue on the boards.

It's fun, and if  I was right about every player I had an opinion about over the years someone would have hired me as a scout to be wrong more than half the time.

I don't have any Ill will towards Jefferson I just hope reagor can turn into something lighten the blow a bit kinda like Brandon graham.

People were so upset over eagles taking graham over what's his face safety.

Graham is still playing at a high level  and made a game altering okay that contributed to a super bowl win.

Would be nice if reagor could have at least a career on par with grahams.

Interesting note from Garafolo yesterday I didn’t see mentioned in here. Howie had another long talk with Ertz after practice yesterday. Ertz is also wearing his shorts inside out for some reason which coincidently or not is hiding the Eagles logo

1 minute ago, What The F said:

Admiral Brett Giroir, former assistant health secretary under President Trump, warned on "America Reports" Thursday that the Delta variant is so contagious that it's "just a matter of time" before everyone who is not vaccinated and hasn't had COVID-19 yet catches it.

ADM BRETT GIROIR: Anyone who’s not vaccinated and who did not have COVID previously, the Delta variant is so contagious that you’re going to get it. It is just a matter of time. If you have prior immunity you do have some protection, but more and more data are telling us that that protection is not so good against Delta. Remember, you can get the Flu every year. It’s not because your immunity isn’t good. It’s because the Flu changes and Delta is really a new strain that is different than everything we’ve seen. So, I am really concerned that natural immunity, although real, is not going to be sufficient against Delta.  If you don’t have natural immunity and you’re not vaccinated, you’re going to get Delta. So, prevent it by getting your vaccine. 

In other news...

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting note from Garafolo yesterday I didn’t see mentioned in here. Howie had another long talk with Ertz after practice yesterday. Ertz is also wearing his shorts inside out for some reason which coincidently or not is hiding the Eagles logo

Diva

2 minutes ago, What The F said:

So brave 

3 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Can't stand is a bit strong.  Though of course your post was in disagreement to me as well.  So I guess we live in the same village.

And yet I was able to disagree with your original post w/o a personal attack...............................yeah samesies 

4 minutes ago, What The F said:

Aren't you the guy that started his own blog because we kept cluttering this one with "political stuff"? 

4 hours ago, greend said:

Ertz has not been a warrior. And he sure as hell wasn't "reliable" last year.

And his career is defined by the year the team was a dumpster fire and he was hung out to dry every other pass? 

4 minutes ago, greend said:

And yet I was able to disagree with your original post w/o a personal attack...............................yeah samesies 

Point taken.  

45 minutes ago, greend said:

My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brother, and a niece all passed away. For some I got a day and for some I got 3 days and I was able to go back to work and function just fine afterwards, I'm not sure why you would need to miss work for more than that. If somehow that triggers a true mental health crisis go and talk to a shrink, or your pastor, or someone else that you respect. I doubt dwelling on the loss 24 hours a day is good for you either. Life goes on.

It is absolutely not.  You need to get back to your regular routine.  Grief is a process, so it takes time, but miring oneself in it just isn't healthy.   My grandmother passed away on Dec 21st, 1995.  We celebrated Christmas even more that year.  It wasn't the same joviality, but it meant so much more.   Of course there will be some rough times, but work is a place you can generally go and 'get back to normal', rather than sitting in your feelings.  

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, starting to think this is all intentional

You are right. Zach the "Passive Aggressive Warrior" is in attack mode

I'm expecting Sweat to take Barnett's job and be the one who gets a new deal

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Finally got around to watching the Sirianni and Howie PC last night.  WTF is everyone crying about "still didn't name Hurts the starter"?  Both of them said multiple times they wanted Hurts to grab the reins -- what do people think that means?  Seemed to me Sirianni was a little detached while discussing Ertz, as in 'it's good to have him here (while he's here).

I did find it funny when Nick said other teams would love to have their QB room.  If I was a media guy there I would have applauded -- he managed to get that out without laughing or crying.

I guess this is going to be a daily reoccurring thing that needs to get reported

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I guess this is going to be a daily reoccurring thing that needs to get reported

Yeah seems a little forced by the reporter and hurts

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ertz is also wearing his shorts inside out

Maybe he just wants to be the mack daddy, or the daddy mack

Chris Kelly Dead: Rapper Kriss Kross Dies at 34

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, starting to think this is all intentional

Doesn't the jersey have the logo as well though?

Archived