EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Serious question.  Do you wake up every morning and eat a bag of mushrooms and then make a retainer out of acid which you stink in your mouth? Is that how you function?

See above

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

Keep yappin' Khani or should we call you Dhani? 

Khani.jpg

Enjoy!

10 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Yeah he did struggle. Then again he’s only 25 still had time to develop. 

Also must add Howard wasn’t the high of a prospect to begin with. He probably wouldn’t crack the top ten in most farms. So if Gibson and Kennedy can help this team get to post season it’s worth it but I really don’t think this team is much better

Just pointing it Spencer howard was ranked in baseball America’s top 100 prospects last year. And the athletic as well. So he would’ve been entering 2020. Now he wasn’t drafted as such. 

Sadly the Phillies aren’t going to catch the Mets. They are eventually getting degrom back. Also carassco and syndergaard (supposedly September). And they added Baez to that team. 

6 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Supermarket Sweep was my jam growing up. I even played the board game

They had a board game???

That sounds awesome!

9 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Serious question.  Do you wake up every morning and eat a bag of mushrooms and then make a retainer out of acid which you stink in your mouth? Is that how you function?

Someone needs to clip that guy.  Brings absolutely nothing to the table.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

You are worrying way too much about this.  Howard is not making them compete in the next few years.  These trades are not changing the landscape of the Phillies this year either.  They have a lot of work to do.  If we were a couple players away, I would understand your concern.  This team needs a couple starters, a closer, a CF, probably a 1st basemen soon, etc etc etc

You’re putting closer in there meanwhile Howard could eventually be the closer for the rangers. That’s where he should be pitching is in a back end of the bullpen. So it’s OK that they traded howard who was in baseball america and the athletic and almost every one’s top 100 prospects just a year ago for two journeyman pitchers? That’s a bad trade anyway you want to justify it 

I can't tell if Schmucktalk is begging for attention of if he was the kid who sat by himself at the lunch tables of middle school/high school because other kid were scared he was going to cast a spell on them?

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

No because the hate and dislike for Wentz is real with this fanbase. They wont care that Kerrigan wants to be private

Not really looking for our fourth in rotation at most DE to be a team leader.   In fact, I kind of hope leadership isn’t coming from the cheap one year rental bandaids. From what I saw of his and Nelson’s PCs, I am not really left believing they are filling any leadership roles.   Doesn’t give me a Chris Long type vibe at all. 

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I can't tell if Schmucktalk is begging for attention of if he was the kid who sat by himself at the lunch tables of middle school/high school because other kid were scared he was going to cast a spell on them?

Pic of @DuckWalk

E5F85CFE-67E5-4FF4-8E98-02BB64BD37F2.jpeg

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You’re putting closer in there meanwhile Howard could eventually be the closer for the rangers. That’s where he should be pitching is in a back end of the bullpen. So it’s OK that they traded howard who was in baseball america and the athletic and almost every one’s top 100 prospects just a year ago for two journeyman pitchers? That’s a bad trade anyway you want to justify it 

My point was, the Phillies are mediocre for the foreseeable future and this trade doesn't change that.  At best they sneak into the playoffs within a year or two because our division stinks.  They won't get to the second round of the playoffs for at least 3 years unless they have some type of crazy off-season/trade deadline next year.

18 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I never understand anything you post 

Nobody does 

Just now, DuckWalk said:

I see you already have one of your 

Minyan.jpg

How many amber alerts have you been responsible for?

15 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Serious question.  Do you wake up every morning and eat a bag of mushrooms and then make a retainer out of acid which you stick in your mouth? Is that how you function?

Duckwalk.

Just now, Khani1 said:

My point was, the Phillies are mediocre for the foreseeable future and this trade doesn't change that.  At best they sneak into the playoffs within a year or two because our division stinks.  They won't get to the second round of the playoffs for at least 3 years unless they have some type of crazy off-season/trade deadline next year.

I get that and agree. However that’s exactly reason why I’m not trading prospects for journeymen pitchers cause i don’t even have enough prospects that are decent to begin with.

they should’ve have been sellers to begin with. Gotten some prospects back for guys like segura, didi and mccutchen who can still be helpful to contending teams. Might not get outstanding or very good prospects back but at least it helps insert young talent into this system and they aren’t going anywhere anyway. 

5 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Phillip Rivers on speed dail

wearing a red shirt and still can't stay on the field WTF  don't mess with our draft pick

tenor (8).gif

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

That  is possibly the stupidest report non report I've ever read 

I'm told that Wentz foot Injury involves skin blood maybe bone ligament, possible pinky toe jam though hair hasn't been entirely ruled out as of yet 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I get that and agree. However that’s exactly reason why I’m not trading prospects for journeymen pitchers cause i don’t even have enough prospects that are decent to begin with.

they should’ve have been sellers to begin with. Gotten some prospects back for guys like segura, didi and mccutchen who can still be helpful to contending teams. Might not get outstanding or very good prospects back but at least it helps insert young talent into this system and they aren’t going anywhere anyway. 

Props to you man.  You have your heart 100% in it.  Right now, I do not.  I'm tired of the same old thing with them.  We finally sign a power hitter and he isn't even a power hitter in our ball park yet.  I know that will probably change soon but I am just exhausted.  Nola was our ace of the future.  He is actually a good # 2.  How many of our starters that were younger guys did they tell us could be a serviceable #2 or #3.  It just hasn't panned out.  I always will love all 4 teams but the Phillies I just kind of watch as background noise right now.  John Middleton didn't care enough.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Another practice report suggested that Barnett is being a little too physical and the reporter sounded like he expects a fight soon. 

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

That's is possibly the stupidest report non report I've ever read 

I'm told that Wentz foot Injury involves skin blood maybe bone ligament, possible pinky toe jam though hair hasn't been entirely ruled out as of yet 

Archived