EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Ertz with YAC. Maybe he has turned that corner. 

amazing what a well placed ball can do for WR or TE , maybe he won't get hung out to dry on a high pass like he got in the past

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Amazing how easy it is to have a well placed call 

in PRACTICE!!!!  

No PADS!!!!!  

gotta start somewhere , i'm not gonna hate on jalen for doing his job at practice but go ahead if you need to.

Tuesday pads.  Then we will see how Mailata and Dillard do against the DEs. 

14 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

amazing what a well placed ball can do for WR or TE , maybe he won't get hung out to dry on a high pass like he got in the past

Ertz and Goedert also have had balls sail over their head this training camp so, maybe they will. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ertz and Goedert also have had balls sail over their head this training camp so, maybe they will. 

yeah i'm sure 3 days into a new coaches offense

Just now, vaeagle2 said:

yeah i'm sure 3 days into a new coaches offense

Being in a new offense has nothing to do with sailing passes. It’s footwork. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Being in a new offense has nothing to do with sailing passes. It’s footwork. 

k coach

So after the Vikings got down to one QB because the other three aren’t vaccinated, it got me thinking.  Pretty sure both Slay and Stevens were wearing masks.  After what happened to Denver last year with close contact in the QB room, could that mean in an exposure event in the DB room, our CBs might be Jacquet and James on the outside for a couple of weeks?  Ouch. 

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

So after the Vikings got down to one QB because the other three aren’t vaccinated, it got me thinking.  Pretty sure both Slay and Stevens were wearing masks.  After what happened to Denver last year with close contact in the QB room, could that mean in an exposure event in the DB room, our CBs might be Jacquet and James on the outside for a couple of weeks?  Ouch. 

We will probably be down to those two at some point anyway.  Slay seemed to leave the field injured at least once every game last year yet somehow it never ended up being anything serious and he came back in.  

I'm not buying us not having another injury plagued season until I see it.  

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't know how he's still on the team besides Howie not wanting to admit he screwed up

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Pretty much everyone commented on his skinny legs during draft too. Hopefully he's alright

Absolutely classic show that I remember like yesterday attending.  20 years ago this year though.  

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

People are too down on Reagor.  He is going to be an impact player for the team this year and going forward.  

I’ll bet you he doesn’t. Reagor has bust written all over him. 

So far T.C sounds like a train wreck. Dillard having a hard time. Devonte Smith being held out. Goedert and Reagor Failing a Physical or whatever it was. Sirianni stopping practice to inspire men to practice hard. Carson Wentz…..

This maybe another bad season of Eagle football

3 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Very good contract for Cleveland.

So this means Miles Sanders can be had at 3 years $28 million.  

I've already heard enough from Dillard and the pads aren't even on.  What's great to hear is how well Mailata seems to be doing.  Remember, he was not good in TC last year.  He's a football player now.  I hope the decision is made sooner than later. 

21 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

What are the parameters of that bet?  

It's all contingent on him staying healthy as that might be the one thing that detracts his career looking at last year and already being limited to start training camp.  He might note be a consistent producer like Smith is going to be but I think Reagor will still be able to contribute a number of impact plays in that supporting role at WR.  I think Sirianni will find ways to get him the ball in the open field and that is where I think he will really shine.  

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What are the parameters of that bet?  

It's all contingent on him staying healthy as that might be the one thing that detracts his career looking at last year and already being limited to start training camp.  He might note be a consistent producer like Smith is going to be but I think Reagor will still be able to contribute a number of impact plays in that supporting role at WR.  I think Sirianni will find ways to get him the ball in the open field and that is where I think he will really shine.  

The problem is he wasn't drafted where he was to be a role player. He was drafted to be a dynamic weapon that can also stretch the field. 

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I've already heard enough from Dillard and the pads aren't even on.  What's great to hear is how well Mailata seems to be doing.  Remember, he was not good in TC last year.  He's a football player now.  I hope the decision is made sooner than later. 

From what I’ve read/heard, Mailata seems to be doing "ok”. He’s better than Dillard but not some dominant force. Which is still an upgrade from where he was a year ago. I also think he’s the type of guy who drastically improves when he’s allowed to go out there and maul people. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s a pretty universal understanding of quarterbacking.  At least, I thought it was universal.  Guess not.  

Yep.  Same problem that plagued Wentz.  

Mighta been the new offense. Sirianni’s playbook called to throw it 3 feet over their head just like Doug’s playbook called to throw it away in the huddle. 

56 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

He did everything but call him the second best receiver

25 minutes ago, Swoop said:

The problem is he wasn't drafted where he was to be a role player. He was drafted to be a dynamic weapon that can also stretch the field. 

I would think he needs to put up 90% of the numbers of the guy drafted right behind him.

Interesting note that Elliot went 4 for 6 and missed from 33 and 49. He missed the shortest and longest attempt for today. 

Archived