EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Nelson’s one-year deal with the Eagles is worth $2.5 million guaranteed but he comes with a cap hit of just under $1.3 million in 2021, a league source told NBC Sports Philadelphia.

He will leave $1.2M in dead money in 2022. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

This effing guy. 

Wonder if we'll later hear that he has CTE?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I hope he suffers a career ending injury.   He’s a waste space.  

JC that's foul

Someone has a different opinion than most of us about what they want to do with their body and people freak about a joke. Lighten up Francis...

23 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

So Godert came in to camp out of shape. I wonder if @greend @E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles @justrelax and @ManuManu still agree with @Alphagrand 

And think Godert is still a no brainer to sign to a big extension? 

I've never mentioned anything about Goedert needing an extension.  You might be talking about e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!, tough guy.  

1 hour ago, WentzFan11 said:

Soooooooo

Remember when many wanted him in the 1st round under chip 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I hope he suffers a career ending injury.   He’s a waste space.  

That’s pretty messed up

14 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I've never mentioned anything about Goedert needing an extension.  You might be talking about e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!, tough guy.  

Everyone in here needs to feel his wrath over Goedert taking a wrong turn during conditioning drills. Just take his ITYS and wear it around your neck in shame. 

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Soooooooo

I mean pick 64 is fine. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

He had the worst targets in the nfl and a scheme which made 5 yard routes the primary read on 3rd and 10.  

He had a position coach who just reinforced his worst habits 

32 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I’ll point out I’ve said for a while i don’t think it’s just a given they extend goedert. He could be asking for more money than the eagles are comfortable with and he might want to test free agency the closer he gets to it. It’s why i don’t think it’s crazy if you see them trade him. Would i expect it? No but i don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities. 

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

After 2017... who are you referring too?  JJAW?  Agholor?  Reagor?  Desean?  Tate?  Wallace?

And they sacked the coach for him?   Nah.  They sacked the coach as the fall guy for Howie.

Right they had first and second round guys... JJaw continues to suck. Reagor wasn’t very good last year. Agholor had one good year here and the rest inconsistent. Desean missed 70 percent of the time he was here. Wallace played one game and it wasnt even with wentz. So they gave him tate who really besides the bears td really didn’t do all that great here. Alshon was good for 2 years then kept getting hurt and wasn’t very good when he did play after 2018

what a dynamite WR corps they had entering last year. Injury prone desean at 33, JJAW who stunk as a rookie and continued to stink, 3 rookies (reagor [got hurt early in camp then after week 1], Hightower and Watkins) asked to play significant snaps during a freaking pandemic and ward. When Greg ward is your most consistent receiver and ability to play every Sunday that’s not exactly stellar entering the season 

Btw the nfl network coverage of the eagles is at 5:30pmET so that’s 10:30pm my time which will mean I’ll be able to watch it while drinking which may be a good thing.

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Translation:  His opinion matches yours.  Got it. 

"Than most of us"

Just because I disagree with people it doesn't mean what they say bothers me. Pretty sure I'd never post on here if that were the case.

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ll point out I’ve said for a while i don’t think it’s just a given they extend goedert. He could be asking for more money than the eagles are comfortable with and he might want to test free agency the closer he gets to it. It’s why i don’t think it’s crazy if you see them trade him. Would i expect it? No but i don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities. 

So your saying he’s getting traded for Watson 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So your saying he’s getting traded for Watson 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Winner

Perfect example of why Philadelphia sports fans are viewed so terribly.  

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Toughest guy sir. And I just put everyone who agreed with Alphagrands post about Goedert being the only Eagle deserving a big contract extension. You was one of the guys who gave it a thumbsup. I hope your not another old guy who losing his memory around here?

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Need a third QB cause Carson Wentz is out indefinitely 

FYP

And just to be clear it’s not like I need to be drinking to watch the eagles at training camp on world wide TV but I will help with some of the flowery American brand speak that can be used to make the most mundane crap sound interesting. 

6 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

And just to be clear it’s not like I need to be drinking to watch the eagles at training camp on world wide TV but I will help with some of the flowery American brand speak that can be used to make the most mundane crap sound interesting. 

Be careful what you say about "drinking" around these parts.  It will be brought up years later, just about every time you say something they don't agree with.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

This is EXACTLY whats wrong with America.. sheesh

Don’t mind @4for4EaglesNest he’s getting old and starting to lose it…

Archived