EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ManuManu said:

We all see how this is gonna play out, right?

He is gonna play 69.9 percent of snaps.

15 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

So you're saying an offensive schemer should put his receivers in positions to succeed? Novel concept.

Tell that to Doug Pederson cause he sure didnt think so. 

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He probably consulted with DeSean Jackson 

sigh 

12 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

He never will be a refined player. Everyone I think knows he will be a serviceable number 2 at best. He will never be a player who will win match ups on his route running, nor through speed. Nick will have to create plays that will create separation for him. One the positive, Nick and the Colts offense has been using that style ever since Frank has been in Indy so Nick has had first hand experience with it. 

Re-watch Reagor's targets from last season in the below video.  He was able to get separation.  He suffered from some very bad QB play from Wentz as well as the missed time due to his own injuries.  

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

A less mobile Carson Wentz is a terrible, terrible, idea. Just get the surgery.

I'm all for Wentz playing through it and being worse.  That just makes it a better pick for the Eagles.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm all for Wentz playing through it and being worse.  That just makes it a better pick for the Eagles.  

Until they are so bad they just shut him down for the last month and he doesn’t hit 75%

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Until they are so bad they just shut him down for the last month and he doesn’t hit 75%

Still a better % chance at that pick then him just sitting out the season after a surgery. 

Im a Wentz supporter but Im an Eagles fan first so I want the best chance at us making out with the best situation. So that would be that Wentz toughs it out and tries to play the season instead of surgery. If they bench him so be it. But better to see that chance work out then know now we only get the 2nd rounder. 

8 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Still a better % chance at that pick then him just sitting out the season after a surgery. 

Im a Wentz supporter but Im an Eagles fan first so I want the best chance at us making out with the best situation. So that would be that Wentz toughs it out and tries to play the season instead of surgery. If they bench him so be it. But better to see that chance work out then know now we only get the 2nd rounder. 

It was never considered to be a season ending surgery and was described as a minor surgery. The best situation is he gets the surgery now, uses the next 6 weeks to rehab and then play. Even if he has to miss the opener. Rest, rehab and toughing it out never ends well. Especially before they even played a game. 

Well at least this next draft is much better than this year. 

2 first and 2seconds isn’t so bad. 

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Agreed. I don’t see the Colts pushing Carson unless they are in playoff contention 

21 minutes ago, RLC said:

A less mobile Carson Wentz is a terrible, terrible, idea. Just get the surgery.

His footwork was bad before the foot injury I can imagine how it is now. 

6 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Agreed. I don’t see the Colts pushing Carson unless they are in playoff contention 

If Wentz can physically play then he won't want to be shut down for the season.  

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Let’s just accept that it’s a 2nd round pick.

Either immobile Carson Wentz of Jacob Eason. Colts could definitely have a top 15 pick in this scenario, so pick 33-48.

5 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

Paralysis by Analysis. 

Throw Jalen Reagor "one" quick slant on the backside of trips to opposite side of the field and all the stat meisters will be feverishly typing things like "flawless route runner" . 

"Completely natural fluid pass catcher with the ability to make defenders miss consistently in the open field" .

:D

Seriously, nobody has any idea whatsover today Aug 1, 2021 whether or not Jalen Reagor can play.  He had one camp with a guy who was "all over the place".

Hurts was just trying to stay alive last year. This year he'll have an entire offseason and camp, then you'll see whether or not the "Jalens" can play. 

So you just speak logically and not like a weirdo on Sundays?

That’s now Maddox and Taylor who have talked about the coaches focusing on their eye placement. What the heck were our previous position coaches doing?

5 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Considering that Dillard missed the entire season because of injury, that's obviously just not true. Unless your presumption is that a player who didn't play loses by default, which would be silly. And please don't suggest you're attempting to evaluate the training camp performance of both players last year prior to Dillard's injury, based solely on random tweets about random plays. That would be even sillier.

Comparing Mailata to Dillard's rookie season.  

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Even Eagles fans that still like him are biased. He should get the surgery now and fix the foot instead of waiting and then ending up having to get the surgery anyway. We can still get the 1st rounder if he misses the first game

Archived