EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Even Eagles fans that still like him are biased. He should get the surgery now and fix the foot instead of waiting and then ending up having to get the surgery anyway. We can still get the 1st rounder if he misses the first game

We don't even know how long he would miss with surgery. Could be more than the first game.  Could be the first 5 or 6.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Stay safe, Ron. 

I had them taking the division but if they lose games due to COVID that'd be pretty crazy

1 hour ago, RLC said:

A less mobile Carson Wentz is a terrible, terrible, idea. Just get the surgery.

Since when is Carson Wentz the model for self-awareness?

3 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Geez imagine a story like this came out with Howies name. Some in here would be apoplectic. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This guy…

47A8AC04-E184-453F-AD83-73AACC6F4D79.jpeg

Doesn't mean they have COVID. They could have just been exposed to someone who has it. Some of these players put the reserve list are precautionary. Even players with the Shot have to go through the same thing since the vaccine does prevent fully. 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Doesn't mean they have COVID. They could have just been exposed to someone who has it. Some of these players put the reserve list are precautionary. Even players with the Shot have to go through the same thing since the vaccine does prevent fully. 

That really doesn’t change much regarding my post. 

Supposedly his position coach tested positive. 

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This guy…

47A8AC04-E184-453F-AD83-73AACC6F4D79.jpeg

But there are people like Frank Reich who were fully vaccinated but also got it.  

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

But there are people like Frank Reich who were fully vaccinated but also got it.  

Your point?

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Not sure this is accurate.  Close contact are going to get tests.  But vaccinated players don’t have to quarantine with negative tests, unvaccinated do.  So if they come off the list in three days, they are vaccinated.  If they stay on for, I think, 8 they aren’t. 

47 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Geez imagine a story like this came out with Howies name. Some in here would be apoplectic. 

Oh, I’m pretty sure there was more than one occasion last season where a LB asked Howie and/or Schwartz why Nate Gerry was starting and was told "Don’t worry about blank, let me worry about blank”.  We just didn’t hear about it.

Maybe that’s why what’s his name retired right before the season last year.

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Not sure this is accurate.  Close contact are going to get tests.  But vaccinated players don’t have to quarantine with negative tests, unvaccinated do.  So if they come off the list in three days, they are vaccinated.  If they stay on for, I think, 8 they aren’t. 

I believe even vaccinated players also go onthe list for a short period of time since it could take a few days for symptoms and positive test results to show. 

I work for a company that deals with both giving the vaccine and performs the testing. Its very well known that you can be exposed. Test neg the next day  but within 3- 7 days get the symptoms and then test positive. Seen it countless times. So it would just be smart for the NFL to require both be put in precautionary stage for a min 7 days. 

Guess Solak’s middle school class schedule conflicted with his work at BGN.

Browns now have both Hunt and Chubb on good short term deals.  Andrew Berry killing it as GM. 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And half the Yankees. Seriously, lots of players didn't have the shot last year and everything was ok. The sky isn't falling. People need to chill the fresk out, especially if they got the shot..cause the shot protects us, right? Not fully,  but things will be fine. Made it through an entire 16 weeks without any vaccines last year.

3 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

My wife had to explain to me what the word, "apoplectic" meant.

I agree 

On 7/31/2021 at 1:00 PM, BigEFly said:

Interesting.  The picture I saw of #2 yesterday showed four red jerseys.    Does that mean Reich feels they need four arms in camp or are they signing depth because Eason may go into the season as a starting QB?  

Need another arm while Wentz is out for the TC and PS.

On 7/31/2021 at 2:11 PM, ManuManu said:

Nelson’s one-year deal with the Eagles is worth $2.5 million guaranteed but he comes with a cap hit of just under $1.3 million in 2021, a league source told NBC Sports Philadelphia.

He will leave $1.2M in dead money in 2022. 

sigh...

On 7/31/2021 at 3:14 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Right they had first and second round guys... JJaw continues to suck. Reagor wasn’t very good last year. Agholor had one good year here and the rest inconsistent. Desean missed 70 percent of the time he was here. Wallace played one game and it wasnt even with wentz. So they gave him tate who really besides the bears td really didn’t do all that great here. Alshon was good for 2 years then kept getting hurt and wasn’t very good when he did play after 2018

what a dynamite WR corps they had entering last year. Injury prone desean at 33, JJAW who stunk as a rookie and continued to stink, 3 rookies (reagor [got hurt early in camp then after week 1], Hightower and Watkins) asked to play significant snaps during a freaking pandemic and ward. When Greg ward is your most consistent receiver and ability to play every Sunday that’s not exactly stellar entering the season 

Frankly, even that was a fluke.  He didn't know what he was doing on that play.  

Archived