EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I noticed about Reagor last year (and the stats support this) is his ability to get separation, he's a bit like Maclin in that he doesn't look like he's running that fast, but seems to consistently separate from coverage. We'll see if that carries over, especially if he sharpens his route running.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting note that Elliot went 4 for 6 and missed from 33 and 49. He missed the shortest and longest attempt for today. 

He always misses the short ones and it is mind boggling.

Just now, downundermike said:

How bout that bet ?? 90% of what Jefferson does seem fair for impact ??

What bet?

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How bout that bet ?? 90% of what Jefferson does seem fair for impact ??

If Reagor can develop this year and put up 800-850 yards on 60 catches in Year 2 that is what’s needed.  Jefferson is irrelevant.

For DeVonta Smith?

90% would be:

79 rec for 1,260 yards and 7 TDs.

Over 17 games?  Yeah I think DeVonta Smith could get close to that.  That would be 4.6 receptions, 74 yards and 0.3 TDs per game.  He's going to be the #1 option on offense in the passing game so he is going to see his targets.  

I'm not sure what bet you are talking about but that seems like a reasonable expectation for Smith with how good I believe he will be.  

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For DeVonta Smith?

90% would be:

Over 17 games?  Yeah I think DeVonta Smith could get close to that.  That would be 4.6 receptions, 74 yards and 0.3 TDs per game.  He's going to be the #1 option on offense in the passing game so he is going to see his targets.  

I'm not sure what bet you are talking about but that seems like a reasonable expectation for Smith with how good I believe he will be.  

See below

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What are the parameters of that bet?  

It's all contingent on him staying healthy as that might be the one thing that detracts his career looking at last year and already being limited to start training camp.  He might note be a consistent producer like Smith is going to be but I think Reagor will still be able to contribute a number of impact plays in that supporting role at WR.  I think Sirianni will find ways to get him the ball in the open field and that is where I think he will really shine.  

2 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

I’ll bet you he doesn’t. Reagor has bust written all over him. 

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

People are too down on Reagor.  He is going to be an impact player for the team this year and going forward.  

So Reagor has 90% of Jefferson’s production to be the impact player you say he will be

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

See below

No because I don't Reagor will put up 90% of whatever Jefferson does.  That doesn't mean he can't still be an impact player if he doesn't put up Justin Jefferson numbers.  

I think he is going to be a boom or bust guy week to week.  One week he might only make one play but other weeks he might have some big games while being a sort of forgotten guy on offense with the other options out there to defend for this offense.  And I think that will lead to Sirianni being able to get him into situations where Reagor can make some big plays with the ball in his hands in the open field or door the field receiving.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No because I don't Reagor will put up 90% of whatever Jefferson does.  That doesn't mean he can't still be an impact player if he doesn't put up Justin Jefferson numbers.  

I think he is going to be a boom or bust guy week to week.  One week he might only make one play but other weeks he might have some big games while being a sort of forgotten guy on offense with the other options out there to defend for this offense.  And I think that will lead to Sirianni being able to get him into situations where Reagor can make some big plays with the ball in his hands in the open field or door the field receiving.  

JJ is an impact player.  So what percentage of what JJ does makes Reagor an impact player ??

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

JJ is an impact player.  So what percentage of what JJ does makes Reagor an impact player ??

I'm not talking about a player consistently putting up big stats.  I'm talking about making an impact.  DeSean Jackson didn't always put up consistent stats or that  big of numbers over a course of a season except for a few but he was always a big impact player.  I don't think that Reagor has anywhere near that playmaking ability that DeSean had but it's an example of an impact player.  I think Reagor is going to prove to be an impact #2 option at WR for us.   I could see him getting around 750-800+ yards and in the ball park of 5-6 total touchdowns on around 60-65 receptions in year two. And that would be a nice step forward for him in year two.   

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm not talking about a player consistently putting up big stats.  I'm talking about making an impact.  DeSean Jackson didn't always put up consistent stats or that  big of numbers over a course of a season except for a few but he was always a big impact player.  I don't think that Reagor has anywhere near that playmaking ability that DeSean had but it's an example of an impact player.  I think Reagor is going to prove to be an impact #2 option at WR for us.   I could see him getting around 750-800+ yards and in the ball park of 5-6 total touchdowns on around 60-65 receptions in year two. And that would be a nice step forward for him in year two.   

So with those numbers, it would take two years for him to match JJ’s rookie year.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So with those numbers, it would take two years for him to match JJ’s rookie year.

Okay?  And?

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I've already heard enough from Dillard and the pads aren't even on.  What's great to hear is how well Mailata seems to be doing.  Remember, he was not good in TC last year.  He's a football player now.  I hope the decision is made sooner than later. 

For the love of the football gods, you think four days into TC some of the Philly media can judge hand placement, footwork, bend, punch, etc. with no pads on?  

I've seen a bunch of the beat writers say all the RBs look good basically. That's easy to do in non-contact practices... You're not used to seeing these guys run in open space, so naturally it catches the eye a little more. We'll know more when the preseason starts.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We drafted a #2 instead of an IMPACT #1

Okay?  It happened and then they went and drafted an impact #1 with superstar potential in DeVonta Smith.  Are you just going to hate on Reagor his entire career?  I think he is going to be a better WR than Agholor ended up being as a 1st round WR.  I think he can end up having a Jeremy Maclin type career although hopefully for a longer shelf life than Maclin had.  

I have no expectations for Reagor, fully going in expecting Watkins/Hightower/Ward to be out #2.

Just need DeVonta to hit 1k+.

I wonder what this Blog would have been like after Mike Quick's rookie year where he caught 10 passes and had 1 touchdown catch. I have a hunch he'd have been called a bust, and anyone who would have suggested, "well, it was a weird year for the league so maybe we ought to give him a little time before making a judgment one way or another" would have been laughed at.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For DeVonta Smith?

90% would be:

Eagles rookie history record is 912 yards from DeSean Jackson. 1,200 and 7 TDs is not reasonable from a rookie at all 

23 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles rookie history record is 912 yards from DeSean Jackson. 1,200 and 7 TDs is not reasonable from a rookie at all 

17 games now. Easy 300 yarder. 

4 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For DeVonta Smith?

90% would be:

I bet he will have 90%+ of Jeffersons numbers after 16 games. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Smith had a better college career than Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Amari Cooper and Julio Jones, 1200 yards may be a little optimistic but I'd be hoping he lands somewhere around 950-1k

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

We drafted a #2 instead of an IMPACT #1

Sorry drafting is not an exact science.

Im sure you‘d only draft hofers.

Archived