EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Is it just me that loves to rewatch the eagles America’s game episode ? I watched it again today. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Imagine being dumb enough to still rationalize not getting the shot because it doesn’t prevent you from getting Covid.  

You’d hope people would educate themselves.  

Then what’s the point?

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Imagine being dumb enough to still rationalize not getting the shot because it doesn’t prevent you from getting Covid.  

You’d hope people would educate themselves.  

You’d hope so. I know it’s different in the US to here in Ireland where nearly 75 % of the adult population are fully vaccinated there is a genuine positivity in the country. I don’t know of any vaccine that protects people 100% from whatever the disease it’s for. I mean the flu vaccine doesn’t stop people from getting the flu, it stops people from having the worse outcome. Also, vaccines are there to prepare our immune system for stuff. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I know why the vaccine matters.  But unfortunately a large portion of our country doesn’t.  Without hitting certain % goals, we will fail to hit herd immunity.  

I know I’m watching from a far but the fact that masks( something that are used in operating theatres all the time btw) became a political issue was the point that I was convinced the US was in a bad way. It’s a piece of fabric ffs.

TALK ABOUT THE FING EAGLES OR GET THE F OUT! :Eagle_smiley:

Imagine not being able to read/process information, then questioning someone else’s intellect.

ANYWAY…

Is Davion Taylor the early leader for the 2021 Nasty Nate Award?

10 minutes ago, SB52 said:

TALK ABOUT THE FING EAGLES OR GET THE F OUT! :Eagle_smiley:

Imagine not being able to read/process information, then questioning someone else’s intellect.

ANYWAY…

Eagles generally mate for life.  FWIW.   Do you have something to add to that? 

3 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Guess Solak’s middle school class schedule conflicted with his work at BGN.

LOL...I hadn't heard much from him lately.  He was up and down as a "reporter"  Sometimes, great content and breakdowns, other times tweeting about lists of players with the best hair.

14 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Strong candidate. I'll go Tyree Jackson.

42 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I was really hoping he played 75% but Indy was the worst team in the league 🤣. But I always thought we were getting a 2nd in that deal. Pretty confident he won't/wouldn't go 75% anyway.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

sigh...

Maybe he plays great and they bring him back on a 2-year deal of some sort.  He's 28?  I'm OK if he's here until 30, provided he plays well.  They just need to make sure to address CB multiple times early in the draft.

3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I hope Jackson is legit.  Would be such a pleasant surprise to have a huge, athletic tight end coming up in the ranks.

I also hope the Josh Sweat hype is legit.  Word in a lot of the reports I've read is he's been the best Eagle on the team by far during camp.  Man that would be great to have a young stud step up at DE.

I think Jason Huntley is a candidate.  Every day he's popping off long runs and lots of tweets about his long speed.  

49 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Hero ball=hero fall.   He won't even get through the first few weeks on the bum foot.  

There needs to be a delineation of award criteria.

Nasty Nate award is for a player who never should have been hyped, 6th round or later/udfa, who develops immense expectations in camp and then doesn't make the team.  

Jerome McNabb award is for a 1st thru 3rd round draft pick who sucks in years 1 and/or 2 and then is massively hyped up as a stud in camp.  

Travis Fulgoat award is for a lousy player who plays well for a stretch, is labeled a franchise cornerstone, and is then never heard from again.

Nasty Nate: Are there really any udfa type players being hyped at all this year?  Buttler and Tyree Jackson?  

Jerome McNabb: Taylor with competition from Dillard and Reagor.

Fulgoat: Nate Herbig seems ripe for this one with competition from none other than Jalen Hurts.

22 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Maybe he plays great and they bring him back on a 2-year deal of some sort.  He's 28?  I'm OK if he's here until 30, provided he plays well.  They just need to make sure to address CB multiple times early in the draft.

And if they resign him, that would just be more money for 2022, on top of this money.   Howie just can't help himself but push money to the future... 

38 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

After one week of TC it’s 

1. Tyree Jackson

2. Jason Huntley

3. Davion Taylor

now cue the complaints none are eligible because they are rookies and this award has so many freakin qualifiers no one has won it since Nate Iaolla 

32 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I hope Jackson is legit.  Would be such a pleasant surprise to have a huge, athletic tight end coming up in the ranks.

I also hope the Josh Sweat hype is legit.  Word in a lot of the reports I've read is he's been the best Eagle on the team by far during camp.  Man that would be great to have a young stud step up at DE.

I think Jason Huntley is a candidate.  Every day he's popping off long runs and lots of tweets about his long speed.  

I do too.  I just think big strong converted QB making big guy splash plays is ripe for nasty Nate hype and subsequent disappointment. 

Sweat would be such an amazing comeback story too. Lots of reason to cheer for the guy. 

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

OMFG

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It’s pretty clear

882F3B28-D1D8-4C97-A617-D62CF3459873.gif

Man we need a sarcastic Emoji….

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

After one week of TC it’s 

1. Tyree Jackson

2. Jason Huntley

3. Davion Taylor

now cue the complaints none are eligible because they are rookies and this award has so many freakin qualifiers no one has won it since Nate Iaolla 

I think given all the nonsense that impacted the preseason last year we can allow 2nd year guys to qualify just this once. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wow.  I have that moron on ignore.  

Sure ya do 🙂 

Archived