EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Testimony is proof.  It just matters whether a jury believes the witness.  Forced is usually only used to describe physically forcing someone to do something.  When they allege force they are alleging he physically forced the women.  

Testimony is evidence; it is not proof.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

So Watson doesn’t want to come here

We don’t want him to come here right now anyway. Let PIT be known for the QB with the rapist. 

So according to those reports that RTK posted, Watson requested butt stuff from pretty much every one of his Jane Doe’s. @olsilverhair I’m guessing you’d give up 10 first round picks for him now. 

image.gif

38 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think you don't understand how evidence works.  Most wrongful convictions are based on eyewitness identification.  I mean there's been studies that found something like 6% of convictions may be wrongful convictions.  Where convictions have been overturned, they have found like 70% were due to mistaken eyewitness identification.  

Which is why I said it’s not "proof.”  The things you listed aren’t either. I don’t think you understand how replies work. 

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

So according to those reports that RTK posted, Watson requested butt stuff from pretty much every one of his Jane Doe’s. @olsilverhair I’m guessing you’d give up 10 first round picks for him now. 

image.gif

Someone Bought This: Billy Gunn Mr. Ass shirt - WrestleCrap - The Very  Worst of Pro Wrestling!

21 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

So Watson doesn’t want to come here

I didn’t read it that way. Read it as watson prefers to go to Miami and Denver over the eagles. which makes logical sense as the dolphins just need a QB to be a legitimate contender and the Broncos are pretty close and really need a QB. However if tua winds up playing well this year and rodgers gets traded to Denver next offseason (bunch of speculation thats who Denver has wanted/also now rumors they could deal for Jimmy G if the niners make him available) then those two destinations are removed. So if you don’t want him cheer for tua to fail which actually helps the eagles pick they have from miami. Also hope the Broncos don’t suck enough this year to be picking high to take a QB or rodgers doesn’t request a trade to Denver after this year. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Take that Justin jeffersonzzzzzzzz 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Looks good but I don't know if he brings that in during a game. Slay let up. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Take that Justin jeffersonzzzzzzzz 

How the turntables have turned…

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Looks good but I don't know if he brings that in during a game. Slay let up. 

True, still a great catch for a no contact drill

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

How the turntables have turned…

Your comment reminded me of this 

spacer.png

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Your comment reminded me of this 

spacer.png

That’s what I was going for but was too lazy to look up the exact quote. 

30 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It's easy to forget that Reagor is one of the most physically gifted receivers of the last draft class. He has plenty of work to do but I'm really excited to see what a WR focused coach can do with him. 

I don’t remember what reporter said this but I was really encouraged that after Reagor got reamed by coaches yesterday, he didn’t sulk or beat himself up but instead was focused over it

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Tell that to the Innocence Project.  Testimony is notoriously faulty.  Memory is notoriously faulty. 

Though to be fair, I suspect it's easier to identify someone you're giving a massage to than someone 30 feet away on a dark night with indirect lighting. :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Testimony is evidence; it is not proof.

Well it is evidence but when you are talking about causation and whether testimony alone could cause a conviction you are talking about proof.  In that sense, testimony is proof and evidence.  Proof is the effect of evidence in the context of a trial.  People tend to conflate proof with physical evidence which it is not.  People tend to think that convictions occur more often when there is physical evidence connecting people to a crime.  There is no requirement of any physical evidence of a crime in order to get a conviction. 

So when the debate is whether there is proof of the allegations, the correct answer is that the testimony alone could be sufficient evidence to cause a jury to convict Watson.  It is  the proof or the evidence sufficient to cause a juror to conclude Watson is guilty or liable for the alleged conduct.   In this discussion, it is proof.  

10 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Though to be fair, I suspect it's easier to identify someone you're giving a massage to than someone 30 feet away on a dark night with indirect lighting. :ph34r:

Yeah but how many alleged rapists have been exonerated by the Innocence Project. People under duress are noted to be bad witnesses.  Not saying I believe one or the other at this point.  What I do note is Hardin stated there was sexual interactions, Watson just alleges they were consensual so it will hinge on testimony.  

Chances are, even in consensual interactions the story is not the same.  How often do we recall situations differently than others who were there?  

10 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Aaron Noace

This is still one of his better road starts. He’s really been bad or mediocre on the road for 3 years now. In 2019 he had a 5.19 ERA. In 2020 he had a 4.26 ERA. This year 5.29 ERA. He’s never going to be an ace until he figures his road issues out. 

Archived