• Last Reply
7 minutes ago, greend said:

Either he's having a good day or Slay is having a bad one

Howie told Slay to go easy on him

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie told Slay to go easy on him

Makes sense

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You're looking at it with this season in mind.  No, we are more than a QB away.  And he would most likely be suspended anyway.  They make a trade like that, with just this season and the 2022 draft in mind.  He's still pretty young.  

It also buys Howie time until at least January 2023. I’m starting to think this sort of thing is going into his decision making.

1 minute ago, SB52 said:

It also buys Howie time until at least January 2023. I’m starting to think this sort of thing is going into his decision making.

Bingo.  Watson gets him long term security vs drafting a QB high or just rolling with Hurts. 

If the Eagles believe in Watson and they don’t think anything will come of the allegations then he’s someone who will give a decade of stability at QB. 

I just don’t see how he didn’t sexual assault multiple women, but I’m not a judge. 

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have said all along.....the Eagles plans in April before and during the draft were to build up enough equity to have a shot at trading for Watson.  That appears to be accurate. 

You are correct.  I think there is two schools of thought for the people denying that this is a real situation.

The first group are the Cult of Hurts, and don't want to be wrong when they said he was the guy, because he obviously would be part of any trade package.

The second group are the Cult of Howie, it would be another black mark on his draft record that they wasted a pick on a QB and he is not the guy.

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You're looking at it with this season in mind.  No, we are more than a QB away.  And he would most likely be suspended anyway.  They make a trade like that, with just this season and the 2022 draft in mind.  He's still pretty young.  

He'll be 26 next month. If the league suspends him or puts him on the exempt list for the whole season then he'll be 27 the next time he can play. That's also assuming it'll all be over with by next season

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Big man. Makes lifting 203 lbs look easy. 

Scott is so cheesy. It’s funny seeing a 5’6 body guard though.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are correct.  I think there is two schools of thought for the people denying that this is a real situation.

The first group are the Cult of Hurts, and don't want to be wrong when they said he was the guy, because he obviously would be part of any trade package.

The second group are the Cult of Howie, it would be another black mark on his draft record that they wasted a pick on a QB and he is not the guy.

How is that obvious? I could easily see Howie making Hurts the backup if they trade for Watson

Just now, Mike030270 said:

How is that obvious? I could easily see Howie making Hurts the backup if they trade for Watson

Same. With impending suspension possible, Hurts is a great option at QB2 and will be cheaper than any vet that can actually run the offense.

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Same. With impending suspension possible, Hurts is a great option at QB2 and will be cheaper than any vet that can actually run the offense.

And then you have QB drama.  

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Siri says "we’re just not there yet” on naming Hurts the starter???  Seriously?  How is that not bigger news?

Because coaches play word games all the time. I remember when Jimmy Johnson was coaching the Dolphins, he made a big spectacle about naming some rookie free agent linebacker as having "made the team" during training camp. I think he said he was the second guy who had officially made it, after Marino. Everyone else still had to earn their roster spots. And at that point in time, the Dolphins only had two players on the team in mid-August, according to the coach. So basically, every other established starter on that roster would have been in the same position that Hurts is right now. They know they're making the team, and they know they're going to start. And so did Johnson too.

I think you're reading way more into this than you should. My suspicion is that you just don't like Hurts and want to find new ways to complain about him.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't think he was meant to be "the guy" when they drafted him. (Not in the Howie cult)

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

And then you have QB drama.  

I don't think Howie cares

52 minutes ago, greend said:

Cowboys get ranked high just about every year. The nfl and bandwagon fans really are desperate for them to be good again

It's the same with Notre Dame. And I've been an Irish fan my entire life. It's staggering how many times over the years (and I'm not talking about the current regime -- it goes back decades) where they get hyped prior to the year way beyond what they should. I actually find it embarrassing. 

11 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Because coaches play word games all the time. I remember when Jimmy Johnson was coaching the Dolphins, he made a big spectacle about naming some rookie free agent linebacker as having "made the team" during training camp. I think he said he was the second guy who had officially made it, after Marino. Everyone else still had to earn their roster spots. And at that point in time, the Dolphins only had two players on the team in mid-August, according to the coach. So basically, every other established starter on that roster would have been in the same position that Hurts is right now. They know they're making the team, and they know they're going to start. And so did Johnson too.

I think you're reading way more into this than you should. My suspicion is that you just don't like Hurts and want to find new ways to complain about him.

Get back to me on how many of the 31 other head coaches have said that they aren’t there yet on naming their 1st string qb the starter.  

44 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Boot to immobilize ankle which and keep calf straight.  Less stress on muscle, faster healing. 

For some reason my mind went right to precaution for Achilles.  

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't think Howie cares

After how everything with Wentz went down, it would be Howies MO to over-care about it now. 

53 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Glad to see Reagor having a good day. Hopefully he can start to build on it and put together multiple good days. It would be so wonderful if he and Smith turn into a good 1-2 combo. 

We need that to happen so bad.  Not just for the better of the team but for Reagor to reach his full potential.  Have to hopefully get over this bump and like you said, start buildig multiple good days of practice.  

As always, so many ifs with this team but if Smith, Reagor and Fulgham play to their capabilities, WR isn't an issue anymore.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Get back to me on how many of the 31 other head coaches have said that they aren’t their yet on naming their 1st string qb the starter.  

Right now I would suspect that the Bears and 49ers haven't announced their starter for week one. The Colts too, I suspect. Have the Patriots announced their starter? I honestly don't know.

8 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Right now I would suspect that the Bears and 49ers haven't announced their starter for week one. The Colts too, I suspect. Have the Patriots announced their starter? I honestly don't know.

49ers have stated that Jimmy G is starting.  Same with the Bears saying that Dalton is their starter week 1.  

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

After how everything with Wentz went down, it would be Howies MO to over-care about it now. 

And he's been through how many QB controversies? It's really amazing he's survived everything while all around him have been replaced

14 minutes ago, greend said:

I don't think he was meant to be "the guy" when they drafted him. (Not in the Howie cult)

You don't wait until #53 for your franchise QB. That's where you draft a top backup QB, which we needed given Wentz's injury history (oh, he's injured again? Surprise, Surprise).

If Hurts becomes a middle of the pack NFL starter, that's a great pick, most of those guys are taken in the top 15 (along with a bunch of flops).

Archived