EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

49ers have stated that Jimmy G is starting.  Same with the Bears saying that Dalton is their starter week 1.  

Dalton said he went there to be a starter way before the draft. I haven't looked to see if Dalton has been passed in camp by the rookie. I imagine if Dalton sucks week 1 they'll make the switch

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, downundermike said:

You are correct.  I think there is two schools of thought for the people denying that this is a real situation.

The first group are the Cult of Hurts, and don't want to be wrong when they said he was the guy, because he obviously would be part of any trade package.

The second group are the Cult of Howie, it would be another black mark on his draft record that they wasted a pick on a QB and he is not the guy.

You’re going to have to identify these supposed people in the two cults.

I’ve literally never read one post about someone being all-in on Hurts. There are people, like me, who are rooting for him to succeed, but are not overly optimistic about the chances. Then there are those slightly more optimistic. That’s all I’ve seen.

As to Howie: People seem to hate him or dislike him.

43 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Which leads me to believe that Dickerson will start the season on IR.  Which is why I had such an issue with the pick in the first place.  

Why?  Most OL get cross-trained at different positions.  

Even if Watson had no issues, given his cap hit, he's not worth a huge package.

He's shown that while he can post great numbers, he can't carry a team to the playoffs. He's not an elite QB and probably never will be.

So if you strip yourself of the assets to surround him with talent, the loss of picks and his cap hit will mire you in mediocrity.

He's the guy you add AFTER you build a team, not the guy you build a team around.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

He's shown that while he can post great numbers, he can't carry a team to the playoffs. He's not an elite QB and probably never will be.

So if you strip yourself of the assets to surround him with talent, the loss of picks and his cap hit will mire you in mediocrity.

He's the guy you add AFTER you build a team, not the guy you build a team around.

His cap hit is the same as a backup QB. $10M

7 minutes ago, austinfan said:

All false, and I have shown you that many times.  You keep not responding.

8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Watson just had a bad injury luck around him. If he strung together some 10 and 11 win seasons and he made a deep playoff run you’d cut him more slack. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This guy (who isn’t a coach). They should call him coordinator. 

or doofus 

13 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Howie may have a different opinion than you.  He may believe that Sanders/Smith/Reagor/Goedert is the young core and they are a QB away from being maximized.  He is definitely an elite talent and we definitely need a QB.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Howie may have a different opinion than you.  He may believe that Sanders/Smith/Reagor/Goedert, Mailata, Dickerson, Herbig, Driscoll is the young core and they are a QB away.  

FYP

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Watson just had a bad injury luck around him. If he strung together some 10 and 11 win seasons and he made a deep playoff run you’d cut him more slack. 

You mean like 2018 and 2019?

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This guy (who isn’t a coach). They should call him coordinator. 

They should have responded "thanks Clapper, have a good rest of your day"

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

His cap hit is the same as a backup QB. $10M

It's not like we have 10M to sp...oh wait

27 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Your going to have to identify these supposed people in the two cults.

I’ve literally never read one post about someone being all-in on Hurts. There are people, like me, who are rooting for him to succeed, but are not overly optimistic about the chances. Then there are those slightly more optimistic. That’s all I’ve seen.

As to Howie: People seem to hate him or dislike him.

I’m in an Eagles group on Facebook and there are plenty that are all in on Hurts because of that Saints game lol

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh. So he is good? Someone let AF know!

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Totally his fault the Texans D gave up 51 points to the Chiefs in the 2019 playoff loss.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Oh. So he is good? Someone let AF know!

Imagine the conundrum AF would be in if he was a Texans fan and had to blame HC Bill O'Brien while defending GM Bill O'Brien. 

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He has an addiction.....that much is for sure.  But I would agree. 

There’s such varying accounts. Some women accuse him of just being a deviant. Like letting the towel fall off and when they turn around he has "fluid” on himself and an erection. Some women booked him again multiple times despite the accusations. Some said he was fine to deal with and wasn’t aggressive toward them at all. And some said he forced them to do oral sex on him. Didn’t go details about what they mean by forced. Did he physically grab them? Was he nagging them until they caved and they felt compelled or intimidated because of his status? The small details will matter in the courts. 

Also, can any of the more extreme accusations be proven. That will matter in a criminal case more than civil.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

You are correct.  I think there is two schools of thought for the people denying that this is a real situation.

The first group are the Cult of Hurts, and don't want to be wrong when they said he was the guy, because he obviously would be part of any trade package.

The second group are the Cult of Howie, it would be another black mark on his draft record that they wasted a pick on a QB and he is not the guy.

Huh?

Hurts is he is apparently the Eagles QB at this time.  Letting him have a chance to prove he can grow from what he was in college and being dubious about it makes this the Cult of Hurts?  He is who he is but right now he is my team’s QB so of course I hope he plays well.

Cult of Howie?  Not sure that really exists.  Are you talking AFan?  

What about a third group that has doubts about how well Watson would do in Philly? That have concerns about his diva demands?  That have deep doubts that he would waive his no trade clause to come to a team that likely won’t be completely rebuilt for three years, that has a good but aging OL?  That have concerns about his current legal predicament and possibility of a looming suspension?  That question the cost especially if he cannot play? Vick had done his time.  People point to that and say Lurie would allow for Watson.  What about Christina Lurie, still a minority owner, Tina Lurie, Jeff Lurie, who has a daughter, Milena, and a son who will likely inherit the team, convinces you that they would accept Watson’s indiscretions so easily?Who are we that ponder some or all of these issues?  The Cult of Doubt?

:offtopic:

31 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

:offtopic:

Wow, that will impact that league. 

Archived