EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Right now I would suspect that the Bears and 49ers haven't announced their starter for week one. The Colts too, I suspect. Have the Patriots announced their starter? I honestly don't know.

Belichick named Cam Newton the starter.  I give that until Week 6.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

And some said he forced them to do oral sex on him. Didn’t go details about what they mean by forced. Did he physically grab them? Was he nagging them until they caved and they felt compelled or intimidated because of his status?

At least one of the accounts I read (posted on here earlier) seemed to indicate he verbally intimidated one woman into performing oral sex.  Sounds like there may also be a couple cases involving grabbing, though it doesn't seem like there was much (if any) force used beyond that.

There's no minimizing the alleged behavior as it's still invasive, reckless, inconsiderate, and ultimately extremely harmful.  The premeditated and repetitive nature of it - with him manipulating things behind the scenes to ensure a 1 on 1 environment - does him no favors.  This dude is legitimately sick and could easily spiral into something even more destructive if he continues to be enabled (and that's assuming there aren't other things we don't know about, which is a big assumption at this point).

The silver lining from his standpoint is that the given accounts do not seem to paint him as a total, irredeemable monster.  That being said, it seems like he'll inevitably be forced to admit some wrongdoing here, as there's simply too many accusers for the average person not to think it's real.  If I were in his corner, I'd advise him to take the year off from football and start the process of rebuilding his image sooner rather than later.  

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Siri says "we’re just not there yet” on naming Hurts the starter???  Seriously?  How is that not bigger news?

Get your "MullensEra" profile started NOW! 😂

14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Wow, that will impact that league. 

Does he wanna kick a pigskin? 

Eagles first preseason game is next Thursday vs PIT.  I wonder if it makes any difference that will be the Steelers' 2nd preseason game already; now most teams play their starters very little anyway.

10 minutes ago, PrinceKelby said:

Get your "MullensEra" profile started NOW! 😂

Does he wanna kick a pigskin? 

Welcome back

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Not that I was spreading any Slay hate but this is good to know.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

There’s such varying accounts. Some women accuse him of just being a deviant. Like letting the towel fall off and when they turn around he has "fluid” on himself and an erection. Some women booked him again multiple times despite the accusations. Some said he was fine to deal with and wasn’t aggressive toward them at all. And some said he forced them to do oral sex on him. Didn’t go details about what they mean by forced. Did he physically grab them? Was he nagging them until they caved and they felt compelled or intimidated because of his status? The small details will matter in the courts. 

Also, can any of the more extreme accusations be proven. That will matter in a criminal case more than civil.

Testimony is proof.  It just matters whether a jury believes the witness.  Forced is usually only used to describe physically forcing someone to do something.  When they allege force they are alleging he physically forced the women.  

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

His cap hit is the same as a backup QB. $10M

You're gonna trade a big package of picks to rent him for one season on a team that's supposedly as bad as the Texans last year?

After this season, $35M, $37M, $32M, $32M.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

You're gonna trade a big package of picks to rent him for one season on a team that's supposedly as bad as the Texans last year?

Going to be interesting to see your 180 and why it was an amazing deal if Howie pulls the trigger.

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yeah I’m no so convinced all nfl players are grown men mentally. But ok

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Howie's not good enough to take care of that?

21 minutes ago, greend said:

Not that I was spreading any Slay hate but this is good to know.

Any word on how Nelson is looking in camp?

2 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Any word on how Nelson is looking in camp?

Last he was seen he was holding the umbrella for JJAW. 

Sirianni should actually make that a thing -- instead of running 100-yard sprints and push ups.

14 minutes ago, austinfan said:

And with extensions coming for the next QB crop, those won’t even be in the top 10 for QB cap hits.

13 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Going to be interesting to see your 180 and why it was an amazing deal if Howie pulls the trigger.

The mental gymnastics will be hilarious 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Regardless.  If he is putting himself in those positions then he has some sort of sexual addiction.  I mean, listen, I wasn't an angel when I was 26.  And I didn't have the funds at my disposal that he has.  So who am I to blame?  

See the source image

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Dalton said he went there to be a starter way before the draft. I haven't looked to see if Dalton has been passed in camp by the rookie. I imagine if Dalton sucks week 1 they'll make the switch

Yeah they have reiterated that Dalton is 100% starter week 1.

Week 2 though... 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Regardless.  If he is putting himself in those positions then he has some sort of sexual addiction.  I mean, listen, I wasn't an angel when I was 26.  And I didn't have the funds at my disposal that he has.  So who am I to blame?  

I was just a lowly construction worker working weekend nights at a club at that age and there was never a shortage of fine chicks available w/o having to resort to being a total douchbag creeper

Archived