EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

52 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Being able to block has so much more to do with technique and footwork than size and the type of physical contact he was used to as a running QB. I think you’re underselling this alleged development. 

Not really. After Ertz’s blocking, it isn’t a given.  I am just not surprised that Jackson can do it.  Sounds like he is displaying decent hands too.  But how are his routes is important for a TE.  I think the Eagles will likely still have Ertz this year.  But Imthink they keep at least three TEs. Colts had four last year.  Sounds like a real battle with Rodgers, Stoll and Jackson for the third spot. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Seems like Flacco is getting a ton of reps

Didn't name Hurts the starter so "QB competition"

Or Jalen is being saved for the trade

1 minute ago, macgregor said:

Media just won't give up the now desperate Deshaun Watson trade 'rumors'(which means they made it up)

NFL media: We already know Wentz is this generational talent based on 11-2 in 2017. So he gets mulligans for the following 3 seasons and may as well have been SBMVP in 2017(NOT). Therefore Eagles WRs, TEs, Oline, RBs all must suck and the team is a dumpster fire(I read this many times). With an offense so bad, what did we expect in 2020? Only this is all BS.

And of course why did the hated, mean old(non-football guy)Howie Roseman draft this bum Hurts in the 2nd round? How DARE him do that to Wentz: this prototypical, red-haired, Jesus-fearing Adonis. Look what he did to Ertz with the Goeddert pick! Hurts was hated before he even put on an Eagles jersey. If he was McNabb, he would've demanded a trade and never even showed up for practice. Thank God he's not McNabb.

By 2020 Wentz was himself a dumpster fire. The loser coward's way out was to blame the team and coach, and why not? Everybody's behind you. But he didn't have to redirect blame. The media did it for him. FIVE turnovers game one against a division rival set the course for 2020. Indy dynasty with Reich now, and of course the biggest need for the Eagles is a starting QB. GIVE ME A FING BREAK ALREADY! I don't have to think Hurts is a SBMVP. He's got a fine college pedigree and looked a lot better than that bum Wentz. 'We're going to have all these 1st round picks next year'. Thanks to Howie's genius and Wentz's 'take the money and run' Sam Bradford strategy, we shall have two first round picks.

Howie tried, but in the end we'll get the same for Wentz as we did Kevin Kolb or AJ Feeley. Either one I'd take over Wentz.

https://forums.colts.com/

Siri says "we’re just not there yet” on naming Hurts the starter???  Seriously?  How is that not bigger news?

Just now, eagle45 said:

Siri says "we’re just not there yet” on naming Hurts the starter???  Seriously?  How is that not bigger news?

Because it seems like BS. 

Bucs aside , I’m not sure I would rank the Cowboys at 2 . Marshall really likes the boys , 3 number ones at the position ?

"The Bucs are loaded, super loaded, I don’t even think it’s close. And I love the Cowboys, they have three dynamic No. 1 wide receivers."

— @BMarshall reacts to PFF's best receiving corps rankings — 1. Bucs  2. Cowboys  3. Chiefs  4. Bills  5. Titans:

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

From quad to calf to boot....geez.

Amputation next.. 🙂

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Doh. 

He ran too fast 

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Let our #1 Tight End, Starting Left Tackle and a DE who was an absolute beast before injuring his knee who seems to be approaching full fitness play out the last year of their contracts? That's insanity.

Letting 3 guys with injury concerns prove it for one more year? Definitely not insanity.

13 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Bucs aside , I’m not sure I would rank the Cowboys at 2 . Marshall really likes the boys , 3 number ones at the position ?

"The Bucs are loaded, super loaded, I don’t even think it’s close. And I love the Cowboys, they have three dynamic No. 1 wide receivers."

— @BMarshall reacts to PFF's best receiving corps rankings — 1. Bucs  2. Cowboys  3. Chiefs  4. Bills  5. Titans:

Cowboys get ranked high just about every year. The nfl and bandwagon fans really are desperate for them to be good again

Glad to see Reagor having a good day. Hopefully he can start to build on it and put together multiple good days. It would be so wonderful if he and Smith turn into a good 1-2 combo. 

22 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Howie must have told him not to because of the possibility of getting Watson

If there wasn't a chance to get a top 10 QB they'd have called Hurts the starter at the beginning of the offseason

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Howie must have told him not to because of the possibility of getting Watson

If there wasn't a chance to get a top 10 QB they'd have called Hurts the starter at the beginning of the offseason

You would have to think Watson trade happens soon

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Didn’t see much on Hurts today

Sadly, this will be repeated on game day reviews.

22 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

From quad to calf to boot....geez.

Boot to immobilize ankle which and keep calf straight.  Less stress on muscle, faster healing. 

4 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

You would have to think Watson trade happens soon

Well the preseason starts today so if they were to do it then it should be soon

I just don't think we're a QB away and will probably give up a lot of resources to get Watson

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nate Herbig is a living Baby Huey

And he even lost 20-30 pounds this off-season. Dude is built like the stay puft marshmallow man

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.....hopefully he keeps moving in the right direction.  

We need him to pan out.

15 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Glad to see Reagor having a good day. Hopefully he can start to build on it and put together multiple good days. It would be so wonderful if he and Smith turn into a good 1-2 combo. 

Either he's having a good day or Slay is having a bad one

Archived