EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Any word on how Nelson is looking in camp?

Haven't heard a peep

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Testimony is not proof. 

Seminal fluid.  Pictures.  Taped confessions.  Video evidence. 

That is proof. 

Testimony is all circumstantial.  

And has convicted many a criminal. 

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Testimony is not proof. 

That is proof. 

no. 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The mental gymnastics will be hilarious 

He and RTK would be must see tv.

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Testimony is not proof. 

That is proof. 

Plenty of people are convicted on testimony.  You don't need any physical evidence.  

58 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Quez Watkins at year two is basically very similar to Torrey Smith in his second year.

I know all the rumors are flying out there and everyone has a different view on the possible trade, BUT itis weird with some of the smoke that is coming out the last few days. First we open up 14 mill in cap space for no reason. Both Howie and Nicks PCs not throwing any water on the fire. now they waive Shakial Taylor but no mention of a newly activated or signed player. 

Im a buyer on Watson ONLY at the right price of (1) 1st rounder, a mid pick and maybe a conditional pick based off the legal and playing status going into the 2022 season. I would never give multiple first rounders for him at this point. Not even just for the off the field issues either. If he caused all this trouble to get out of Houston even before all the legal trouble, I dont see why he would stick around with Philly for the long haul. I could see him and Howie clashing and resulting in Watson forcing a trade again out of Philly or just leaving after his contract is up. I would not invest a ton into a trade unless I knew he would be here for quite some time. 

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Quez Watkins at year two is basically very similar to Torrey Smith in his second year.

I'd be happy

3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

And he even lost 20-30 pounds this off-season. Dude is built like the stay puft marshmallow man

Reports are it's now 50 pounds after working at the Bro Barn

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I know all the rumors are flying out there and everyone has a different view on the possible trade, BUT itis weird with some of the smoke that is coming out the last few days. First we open up 14 mill in cap space for no reason. Both Howie and Nicks PCs not throwing any water on the fire. now they waive Shakial Taylor but no mention of a newly activated or signed player. 

Im a buyer on Watson ONLY at the right price of (1) 1st rounder, a mid pick and maybe a conditional pick based off the legal and playing status going into the 2022 season. I would never give multiple first rounders for him at this point. Not even just for the off the field issues either. If he caused all this trouble to get out of Houston even before all the legal trouble, I dont see why he would stick around with Philly for the long haul. I could see him and Howie clashing and resulting in Watson forcing a trade again out of Philly or just leaving after his contract is up. I would not invest a ton into a trade unless I knew he would be here for quite some time. 

I guess Alex Singleton is coming off of the COVID list soon?

18 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

No

I think you don't understand how evidence works.  Most wrongful convictions are based on eyewitness identification.  I mean there's been studies that found something like 6% of convictions may be wrongful convictions.  Where convictions have been overturned, they have found like 70% were due to mistaken eyewitness identification.  

44 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Testimony is proof.  It just matters whether a jury believes the witness.  Forced is usually only used to describe physically forcing someone to do something.  When they allege force they are alleging he physically forced the women.  

Tell that to the Innocence Project.  Testimony is notoriously faulty.  Memory is notoriously faulty. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Won’t disagree.  But it still isn’t "proof” 

So proof is just factual evidence.  Testimony is factual evidence.  Whether testimony is sufficient proof in a criminal case depends largely on juries.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I think you don't understand how evidence works.  Most wrongful convictions are based on eyewitness identification.  I mean there's been studies that found something like 6% of convictions may be wrongful convictions.  Where convictions have been overturned, they have found like 70% were due to mistaken eyewitness identification.  

Pretty sure we know it was his butthole

8 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

It's because Singleton is coming off the COVID list

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Testimony is not proof. 

That is proof. 

Taped confessions can be coerced and even led.  A fair number of exonerated people have confessed and even pled guilty. 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Tell that to the Innocence Project.  Testimony is notoriously faulty.  Memory is notoriously faulty. 

I mean people think, often mistakenly, that people's recollection just after an event is more accurate.  I have seen that change when they are presented with video or other documents months after an event.  People don't register everything that is going on in their conscious memory and a lot of times your brain just kind of fills the holes in the memory. 

3 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Pretty sure we know it was his butthole

I mean were they able to pick it out of a lineup? 

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Which is testimony, which is why the negative responses to "testimony is proof”. 

Not to disregard the talk about Watson, which is apparently of utmost importance, but I'd like to discuss the possibility of the Eagles making a trade in the next couple of weeks that doesn't involve a quarterback. I just have a hunch that they're going to move someone for a late round pick. They really do have an abundance of offensive linemen. They generally carry ten on the active roster, though sometimes nine and in rare cases only eight. And right now it's kind of hard to pick only ten. They've been abused so often at that position recently in terms of injury that a lot of those tenth, eleventh, and twelfth guys actually have experience in the league. So it wouldn't surprise me of they pull off a trade soon that catches many of us by surprise, kinda like they did with Matt Tobin a few years back. Or even Jon Dorenbos more recently. And then there was a player-for-player trade a couple of years ago with the Bills where the Eagles shipped a rookie free agent offensive lineman (Ryan Bates) in return for some defensive player who never made it. And it turns out that Bates actually stuck with the Bills.

So Iong story short, I wouldn't be shocked if they trade someone like Herbig for a late pick. Maybe a sixth from someone looking for a guy who can play center or guard. Or maybe Pryor gets shipped to someone looking for someone with tackle and guard versatility. Of course none of think that Pryor is any good, or is even someone we would at this point consider a prospect. But he does have experience, and another team might think he'd be worthy of a seventh round pick. We'd probably be lucky to get more than that for him, I suspect.

So maybe the idea of cross-training Driscoll at guard and tackle has nothing to do whatsoever with Dickerson's injury (which they've known about for months and have always had a plan) but is more a precursor of some further deal.

I'm calling it now. Someone is going to get traded in the next three or four weeks.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

McMullen has sources. I suspect this is pretty accurate and that a lot of the Eagles interest stuff may have some ties to the Texans and desires of Texan fans for an out of conference trade with lots of draft compensation.  Just look at how many picks the Texans had this year. 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

McMullen has sources. I suspect this is pretty accurate and that a lot of the Eagles interest stuff may have some ties to the Texans and desires of Texan fans for an out of conference trade with lots of draft compensation.  Just look at how many picks the Texans had this year. 

So Watson doesn’t want to come here

Archived