EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And that's the reason I want them to trade for Watson he is proven to be great. However, I don't trust them to fill out the rest of the roster with less and worse picks. That's where I'm at with this. It's a catch 22 in this situation IMO

I think that’s where the QB aspect of this comes in. If you get a top 10 QB you can mask some of the flaws this team has in building. It’s basically what you saw from wentz at the end of 2019 and hope you can hit on some of the leftover picks. Plus i don’t think it’s gonna be three 1st. I think that’s a pipe dream by the Texans 

Do the Eagles make Watson a team captain or does he have to earn it first, and become C next season?

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ll disagree on that. I don’t think they’d be the lions. Would they be the chiefs? No. However you can’t tell me this team couldn’t compete for the division and still use the picks they had left to continue to build. Again the lions with Stafford had way more issues then the eagles and the eagles have problems. 

The Eagles have issues.  

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think that’s where the QB aspect of this comes in. If you get a top 10 QB you can mask some of the flaws this team has in building. It’s basically what you saw from wentz at the end of 2019 and hope you can hit on some of the leftover picks. 

I understand that but, if they throw that garbage on the field that they have been expecting Watson to make up for it will end up putting us in the same situation. With a QB tired of playing with crap and getting no help in the draft cause numb nuts is drafting QBs with the only second round pick we have for the next 5 yrs 

Just now, NCiggles said:

The Eagles have issues.  

Didn’t disagree with that. The lions i would argue have significantly more issues stemming from even worse ownership and even more puzzling moves like signing vaitai to a big contract to play LT 

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well, now the women are going to the cops after Watson's attorney said he WILL NOT sign a confidentiality agreement as part of any settlement.

You'd think the women would be all over that deal, they get a settlement AND they still get to share their experiences. Looks kind of sketchy on their part.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Do the Eagles make Watson a team captain or does he have to earn it first, and become C next season?

Does it really matter? Captains in football are useless, means nothing

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I understand that but, if they throw that garbage on the field that they have been expecting Watson to make up for it will end up putting us in the same situation. With a QB tired of playing with crap and getting no help in the draft cause numb nuts is drafting QBs with the only second round pick we have for the next 5 yrs 

I tend to think they already have better talent out there at the skill positions then at that point in time. If smith, sanders and goedert stay healthy and get reagor to just be decent they are fine. Have to build the oline and hope stoutland is good at his job which i think we all think he is. Again i don’t think it’s costing you entire drafts

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to think they already have better talent out there at the skill positions then at that point in time. If smith, sanders and goedert stay healthy and get reagor to just be decent they are fine. Have to build the oline and hope stoutland is good at his job which i think we all think he is. Again i don’t think it’s costing you entire drafts

I know I was exaggerating on the 5 years part lol. I just don't feel comfortable about it. Not with this FO I don't. 

15 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Fitz isn’t consistent enough , too streaky both in wins and losses 

and the fact that shwartz love to make QB's look like hall of famers with his secondary and lack of blitzing. look what he did week 1 against the all pro haskins , and i know carson's TO's didn't help

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know I was exaggerating on the 5 years part lol. I just don't feel comfortable about it. Not with this FO I don't. 

Frankly i feel uneasy with this front office cause i don’t necessarily trust if they did draft a kid and he’s good that they wouldn’t find a way to screw it up. 

1 minute ago, vaeagle2 said:

and the fact that shwartz love to make QB's look like hall of famers with his secondary and lack of blitzing

Cousins is in the Schwartz hall of fame too  

7 minutes ago, devpool said:

You'd think the women would be all over that deal, they get a settlement AND they still get to share their experiences. Looks kind of sketchy on their part.

Yeah I’m confused. Is that what it’s saying? They don’t want that?

1 minute ago, WentzFan11 said:

Well if they are just after the money they aren't gonna want their names tied to this whole ordeal. Watson is basically calling their bluff. 

3 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Deshaun Watson will not be part of any settlement that requires a non disclosure agreement.

13 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Yup. A good portion of settlements usually have a non disclosure agreement. I’d guess most times it’s the defendant pushing for it or at least both side so certain info wouldn’t get released. 

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good analysis of issues with Hurts

Fun fact: Bodhi surfed the same wave of excuses at the end of Point Break that you are about to have crashing down on you 

image.gif.d2463e7eed07ecab805790fb784b4f50.gif

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Fun fact: Bodhi surfed the same wave of excuses at the end of Point Break that you are about to have crashing down on you 

image.gif.d2463e7eed07ecab805790fb784b4f50.gif

I think you have watched to many hype videos.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think you have watched to many hype videos.

I heard if you play Hurts swag hype videos backwards he tells you to worship Satan 

https://abc13.com/what-is-deshaun-watson-accused-of-has-been-charged-yet-allegations-civil-lawsuit/10910623/

2 women with new allegations among 10 to file police complaints against Deshaun Watson, lawyer says

Two of the women who have filed complaints with Houston police, Hardin said, have not filed civil lawsuits against Watson.

So after making all the excuses for the first half of the video, this guy goes: "He should've anticipated this, should've known that."

Guess what: A rookie without offseason that didn't get to work out with the first team won't have the chemistry. Boo f'ing hoo.

You watch him play this season and then shut up forever.

Training camp can’t start soon enough so we can put this Watson insanity to bed already.  Most polls I’ve seen  have about 70- 77% of the fan base against trading for Watson…which leads me to conclude that this is nothing more than a small % of reporters and fans looking for click bait material and something to talk about. 

32 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

He wants the names of the women public. Which is definitely understandable if he's innocent. Smear campaign shouldn't be in the dark

So what's the excuse for the 2 new accusers today who have filed police complaints today but haven't filed civil suits? 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's going to be more than 2 first round picks.  A 33 year old Stafford went for 2 firsts, a 3rd and a 2x Pro Bowl 26 year old former #1 overall pick QB with Super Bowl expierence. 

Watson is in all likelihood going for more than that unless he puts the Texans in a position where he will only go to one team like Miami and then they just gotta accept whatever Miami is willing to give up. 

And nice, so a bunch of older players are going to be cut and will need to be replaced beyond the other holes on the team coming up in the future.  But it will all be filled by free agent signings because apparently Watson is going to take a big pay cut to come play here.  And also the Eagles are going to have to give up just peanuts to get him. 

Just so you know the reason why Stafford got two 1st wasn’t because of strictly Stafford. They got the second 1st because the lions took on Goff’s contract that no one else wanted to take on and if they didn’t they couldn’t make the move for Stafford. That’s why Stafford got 2. It wasn’t purely Stafford drawing two firsts. So again bad comparison as that trade required the lions taking on Goff at that price and that was the only way they were going to do it. Kind of like the Texans with osweiller and giving up a 2nd for a team just to take him and his contract.  

Archived