EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just so you know the reason why Stafford got two 1sr wasn’t because of strictly Stafford. They got the second 1st because the lions took on Goff’s contract that no one else wanted to take on and if they didn’t they couldn’t make the move for Stafford. That’s why Stafford got 2. It wasn’t purely Stafford drawing two firsts. So again bad comparison as that trade required the lions taking on Goff at that price and that was the only way they were going to do it. Kind of like the Texans with osweiller and giving up a 2nd for a team just to take him and his contract.  

I don't buy it because Goff at the end of the day isn't that bad of a QB.  He's not a great QB but he is a top 15-20 QB and his contract isn't that bad at all in comparison to contracts like the ones that Watson and Dak have. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't buy it because Goff at the end of the day isn't that bad of a QB.  He's not a great QB but he is a top 15-20 QB and his contract isn't that bad at all in comparison to contracts like the ones that Watson and Dak have. 

yet the Rams really didn’t want him and wanted to upgrade at QB after making the super bowl 2 years prior. They couldn’t make a deal with his contract on their books and they couldn’t just cut him due to cap purposes. They couldn’t do any trade for another QB unless they traded Goff.

You really believe the Rams didn’t try to trade him for anything to anyone just to get the contract off the books and get some capital back or just cap space? If the Rams just cut him pre June 1st it was 65 mil in dead money. And 30 mil against the cap. Additionally if after June 1 it was 55 dead money in 2021 and 15.5 mil in 2022 and 15 against the cap in 2021. If they traded him like they did they have only 22 mil in dead money and actually save 12 mil against the cap clearing enough space to make the move they wanted too. That’s why teams knew they had to deal him to make an upgrade at QB and why teams didn’t want to give them anything for him. It definitely played a reason why they got more for a 33 year old Stafford who had an elbow, ribs and ankle issue at the end of the 2020 season. 

3 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

I think Watson is a very good QB.  But he’s barely sniffed the playoffs and when he has, hasn’t won anything.  The idea of giving up a King’s ransom for him when we have yet to see what Hurts and the rest of the younger guys can do is absolutely nonsensical at this point, IMO. 

Again, his teams never won anything. Are you faulting Watson for their failures? If not, not sure how it's relevant. Dan Marino never won anything.  Peyton Manning went years before ever winning anything. Watson's in arguably the worst organization in the entire NFL, just a disaster. And the issue with waiting is you might miss out on him. Hurts isn't very good, and there's next to a zero chance he'll ever be near as good as Watson. Watson will likely be the best QB traded at this age in NFL history. QBs this age don't get traded as good as him. It doesn't happen. It would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to get someone as good as him.

People wonder why Philly sports never wins anything it's because they don't take advantage of situations like this. I remember when Lebron James became available in 2018, a lot of Sixers fans didn't want him because they wanted to "See how the young guys grow together organically." Yeah, how'd that work out? Championship teams chase elite talent. Philly typically has trouble getting that kind of talent, and if you start scoffing at it when you do have a chance to get it, that's not a formula for winning championships.

At least they'll have the QB problem taken care of. They aren't winning anything with Hurts, he sucks.

So are we interested in Rodgers in FA next year if Hurts doesn’t work out? If it’s even possible with the cap

3 hours ago, greend said:

Wait I thought we didn't have enough cap to sign Dickerson 

5hpc13.jpg

10 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

So are we interested in Rodgers in FA next year if Hurts doesn’t work out? If it’s even possible with the cap

Rodgers isn't a FA next year.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

I can only imagine this board if they dealt 2 firsts for rodgers lol 

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

Yes, because he would be going into his last season under contract in 2022. Rodgers has said this will be his last year in GB. The idea is he'll be TRADED after this year. He's under contract, not a free agent.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

"He’s not really that good, he just pads stats in garbage time. He’s about the same as Kirk Cousins”

3 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He’s under contract til 2023 offseason. They like promised they’d deal him after this year. 

then again you got this schefter quote which makes no sense based off that one unless they are going to allow him to decide who he’s traded to or release him at the end of 2021

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

"He’s not really that good, he just pads stats in garbage time. He’s about the same as Kirk Cousins”

1-4 in nfc title game. Basically mcnabb... 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s under contract til 2023. They like promised they’d deal him after this year. 

then again you got this schefter quote which makes no sense based off that one unless they are going to allow him to decide who he’s traded to or release him at the end of 2021

Guessing no trade clause?

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Yes, because he would be going into his last season under contract in 2022. Rodgers has said this will be his last year in GB. The idea is he'll be TRADED after this year. He's under contract, not a free agent.

We will see how the new contract plays out. Brady did the same thing on his way out of New England. Restructured with voidable years.

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Future HoFer but could decide to retire anytime if the team isn't doing well

19 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Question is , would Rodgers be interested in the Eagles  ,  I think he would choose a team in contention 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Good analysis of issues with Hurts

Strange, seems he is pointing out exactly what I (and others) have been saying for months.

I forgot though. I'm a "hater" who makes up Hurts' shortcomings.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Guessing no trade clause?

I’d think. However the packers aren’t going to get nearly the package if they do it today. He could be like trade me to Denver. Block any other trade. Denver gives you a nickel for him cause they know you have too. I feel like the gamble is one last ride that likely gets derailed and you wind up with less then you should’ve just dealt him this year. I get you think you can win a SB this year, but i feel like rodgers still won’t be happy and it could go off the tracks. 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Strange, seems he is pointing out exactly what I (and others) have been saying for months.

I forgot though. I'm a "hater" who makes up Hurts' shortcomings.

Hater 

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Question is , would Rodgers be interested in the Eagles  ,  I think he would choose a team in contention 

Agreed. To me it’s weird for him to agree to anything with a possible trade next year involved. They could say nah. Idk how you guarantee a trade in a contract?

Edit:

Unless they put a poison pill like Kelce. If they dont trade him, he retires. Still on the roster they owe him a ridiculous amount.

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

He'd definitely go to a team with a better shot at the SB. Eagles are not there

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I get that part. However i actually think if you had Adams and on the other side cooks with Aaron Jones at RB along with tonyan developing those weapons look really good. Especially cause MVS continuous to run hot and cold on the outside. I’m guessing the Texans being crap they’d be willing to move him. 

This is the part I don’t get. Aaron Rodgers seems to me at least like a giant bish. I don’t even understand why he wants to leave. He has weapons, a serviceable OL and a good defense.  

Wah. I never get a weapon drafted in the 1st.  Meanwhile your entire career has been with Jordy Nelson and now Davante Adams.  Now Aaron Jones too and a stud cheap TE. 

Wah. I don’t like my GM. I want him gone. Bring me back an over the hill Randall Cobb. 

Wah. I wanna host jeopardy while playing football. 

Wah. They drafted a QB in the 1st when I’m 37 years old. 

Maybe instead of throwing a low bullet into lock tight coverage on 4th down in the NFC championship game he should run for the corner of the end zone since it appeared he might have gotten in.  Then look in the mirror and do better when that situation presents itself again. 

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This is the part I don’t get. Aaron Rodgers seems to me at least like a giant bish. I don’t even understand why he wants to leave. He has weapons, a serviceable OL and a good defense.  

Wah. I never get a weapon drafted in the 1st.  Meanwhile your entire career has been with Jordy Nelson and now Davante Adams.  Now Aaron Jones too and a stud cheap TE. 

Wah. I don’t like my GM. I want him gone. Bring me back an over the hill Randall Cobb. 

Wah. I wanna host jeopardy while playing football. 

Wah. They drafted a QB in the 1st when I’m 37 years old. 

Maybe instead of throwing a low bullet into lock tight coverage on 4th down in the NFC championship game he should run for the corner of the end zone since it appeared he might have gotten in.  Then look in the mirror and do better when that situation presents itself again. 

I really do think this basically stems from that Jordan love pick. I think he has thrown other stuff out there that had also bothered him as well. Probably views it as it was his last couple great years and instead of going all out and using the pick to add around him they went QB that’s really not going to help him or the team in 2020 and likely 2021 

30 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

5hpc13.jpg

Yeah.  He was able to sign his second round draft pick.  I am impressed.

23 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Richard Rodgers is 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yeah.  He was able to sign his second round draft pick.  I am impressed.

While signing steven nelson and keeping zach ertz. It is actually impressive.

Archived