EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

:roll:

Lol 

i don’t get this. Like if I’m taking a WR from the Texans I’m asking for cooks. His cap number if he’s dealt is 2.5 mil and he’s a better player than Cobb. I get Cobb and he are boys. At least get someone that’s still good and helps out a ton along side adams 

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

People are sleeping on Dallas which I dont get and the redskins defense alone wins them 7 games. 

I am telling you, this Eagles team is BAD. 

The Cowboys were 1-3 last season with Dak.  I think most people think they will runaway with the division.  I just think they're a flawed team with more questions in the secondary than the Eagles.  

The only issue I have with a trade for Watson is no matter what people think this team is in the middle of a complete rebuild and needs 2-3 years to clean up the cap mess. That’s a lot of resources to give up and put band aids in place till the smoke clears. At that point Watson might be on the decline. QBs like him don’t exactly have a long shelf life. 

id personally rather see what we have in hurts. Use our draft picks to restock the team and make a move at qb later if it’s necessary. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol 

i don’t get this. Like if I’m taking a WR from the Texans I’m asking for cooks. His cap number if he’s dealt is 2.5 mil and he’s a better player than Cobb. I get Cobb and he are boys. At least get someone that’s still good and helps out a ton along side adams 

Rodgers is getting old and cranky. He just wants to play with his boys that way if they suck he at least he went down with his guys. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont get this thought process. 10-6 team last year(1 of which was won by John Wolford) they won a road playoff game just got a HUGE upgrade at QB and people are down on them 

I think the Rams are likely 2-3 seed. I think mcvay will get more out of Stafford then we’ve seen in the past. Frankly i thought the Rams should’ve gone after Matt Ryan over Stafford. Stafford isn’t as durable and I think Ryan is more consistent whereas Stafford has a better arm. but I’m guessing the Falcons wanted nothing to do with Goff and that contract whereas the lions were ok with it. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rodgers is getting old and cranky. He just wants to play with his boys that way if they suck he at least he went down with his guys. 

I get that part. However i actually think if you had Adams and on the other side cooks with Aaron Jones at RB along with tonyan developing those weapons look really good. Especially cause MVS continuous to run hot and cold on the outside. I’m guessing the Texans being crap they’d be willing to move him. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think the Rams are likely 2-3 seed. I think mcvay will get more out of Stafford then we’ve seen in the past. Frankly i thought the Rams should’ve gone after Matt Ryan over Stafford. Stafford isn’t as durable and I think Ryan is more consistent whereas Stafford has a better arm. but I’m guessing the Falcons wanted nothing to do with Goff and that contract whereas the lions were ok with it. 

You won’t see Matt Ryan do this

Gotta wonder what Hurts mindset is right now with all this Watson to Philly chat.  

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

You won’t see Matt Ryan do this

In fairness Stafford won’t see an MVP of the league like Ryan did. 

1 minute ago, What The F said:

Gotta wonder what Hurts mindset is right now with all this Watson to Philly chat.  

Are you kidding? He’s such a good sport. Look no further than getting benched for Tua with no complaints. Insert other character piece. Insert off-season workouts.

All jokes aside he doesn’t seem to get bothered.

Just now, What The F said:

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sounds like most of the people on here

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

We can only hope to draft a guy with that level of paper ball trickery

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

As someone already posted, when a player is traded he no longer has any guaranteed money in his contract.  Would be quite easy to restructure, lowering cap hits in 2022 and 2023, and the big money kicks in 2024.  By then, Graham, Kelce, Cox, Johnson and Brooks are probably all gone, so 2023 and beyond cap should ( unless Howie does more dumb stuff ) be fine.  The real issue is making good draft picks going forward to fill the void of those players leaving.

So your solution is that Howie will kick the can down the road with one of the largest contracts in the league, something you openly despise Howie doing.  And the Eagles will completely rebuild their defense through free agency while also rebuilding their offensive line through free agency. And you foresee them having the cap space to do all this simply by kicking the can down the road on one of the largest contracts in the league (Watson will probably be asking for more money too in a renegotiated contract). 

Do I have that right? 

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

:roll:

The Packers should sign Randall "Tex" Cobb (former boxer and actor) to a one day contract just to piss him off more.  "Hey, we did what you asked."

th?id=OIP.ph-XgLiK_5k838ZIGoaIPAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=170

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So your solution is that Howie will kick the can down the road with one of the largest contracts in the league, something you openly despise Howie doing.  And the Eagles will completely rebuild their defense through free agency while also rebuilding their offensive line through free agency. And you foresee them having the cap space to do all this simply by kicking the can down the road on one of the largest contracts in the league (Watson will probably be asking for more money too in a renegotiated contract). 

Do I have that right? 

No, it would be a full restructure, converting x amount of dollars to a signing bonus, lowering cap hits for the first two years, and then his contract would be on par with top 5-7 QB's in 2024 and beyond.  If Jalen Hurts turns out to be the guy, he would be eligible for a contract by then.  I would rather give slightly more money to Watson.

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s not my point  because I still have picks even if I make that move. You’re acting like they give them every pick they ever have until the end of time. Like it’s gonna be five first round picks going there. If it’s two first round picks I would still have a first round pick in 2022 and the rest of my picks in 2022. And I still have all my picks in 2023 if that’s the case. so potentially 2 firsts and 2nds the next two years and the rest of the draft classes for the eagles to build.

And we keep explaining to you he’s going to restructure so they get cap space. Also you have a bunch of older players who are going to eventually be cut where you save on cap and still could go out and get some players. And in 2023 with the new tv money the cap is going up again 

If that’s not enough picks to build your team  can you please explain to me how the majority of the NFL only has four picks in the top two rounds (most two years windows) and manages to build SB rosters? 

It's going to be more than 2 first round picks.  A 33 year old Stafford went for 2 firsts, a 3rd and a 2x Pro Bowl 26 year old former #1 overall pick QB with Super Bowl expierence. 

Watson is in all likelihood going for more than that unless he puts the Texans in a position where he will only go to one team like Miami and then they just gotta accept whatever Miami is willing to give up. 

And nice, so a bunch of older players are going to be cut and will need to be replaced beyond the other holes on the team coming up in the future.  But it will all be filled by free agent signings because apparently Watson is going to take a big pay cut to come play here.  And also the Eagles are going to have to give up just peanuts to get him. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

He's taking his garb shotz talent to Indy.  We saw enough garb shotz last year.  The trash cans were DBs.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No, it would be a full restructure, converting x amount of dollars to a signing bonus, lowering cap hits for the first two years, and then his contract would be on par with top 5-7 QB's in 2024 and beyond.  If Jalen Hurts turns out to be the guy, he would be eligible for a contract by then.  I would rather give slightly more money to Watson.

I find it humorous he doesn’t remotely think teams with multiple first round picks can F it up trying to do what he’s saying. Ask the raiders how their 5 first rounders from 2019 and 2020 are going in building of that team. Those picks have been massively underwhelming for the most part 

Just now, downundermike said:

If Hurts turns out to be the guy then he gets a contract by then and the 3 first round picks next draft will have that defense looking quite potent come 2024.

You've e said it yourself all offseason that next year the Eagles cap situation isn't even that good with all the dead money they kicked down the road. It's not going to get even better even with a Watson restructure.  A Watson restructure isn't opening the door to some free agent spending spree to rebuild the defense. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I find it humorous he doesn’t remotely think teams with multiple first round picks can F it up trying to do what he’s saying. Ask the raiders how their 5 first rounders from 2019 and 2020 are going in building of that team. 

Um they almost made the playoffs so joke is on you pal

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Um they almost made the playoffs so joke is on you pal

Lol With 7 teams making it they still missed at 8-8. Dolphins at 10-6 were closer than the raiders. I should congratulate the raiders they did achieve perfect mediocrity since doing it which is an improvement from completely dumpster fire lol and frankly i think the chargers are better than they are with Herbert and didn’t have those picks 

2 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

At least one of Graham/Cox will be here next year most likely. No easy way out of Slay contact either I don’t think. We have time to groom draft picks.

Plus we will have a little more room to operate in FA next year and guys like Jessie Bates, Jonathan Allen, JC Jackson, Lattimore will be available. There are a lot more options in FA in secondary than D-line, however.

At least one will be here in 2022, but what type of player will they be at that point? Who exactly is the young talent to replace them in the coming years? Same for Slay. 

What draft picks are you going to groom to replace those players when those draft picks to get young blue chip talent on defense would be sent to Houston to acquire Watson? 

You won't have much of any room to operate next offseason even with a Watson restructure. 

Archived