Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Wentz is a good not great QB who is injury prone.

I didn’t agree with the Hurts draft pick, but the Packers spent a first on Jordan Love and Rodgers produced an MVP season.

We are where we are and Wentz can win with a good team around him. But he’s 3-4 with a PFF rating 5 points worse than Hurts. He should have been picked off 3/4 times in that San Fran game.

People are gushing over Wentz and his 3-4 team with wins over bad football teams. You would think he’s undefeated or something. Would anything be different if Wentz were still here? Yes. The Wentz peanut gallery would be back to blaming everyone but Wentz for the problems of the Eagles. That’s all that changes despite Wentz not changing, and still being reckless with his body and the football. It’s kind of a joke this retrospective nonsense people are pulling these days. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Well the colts have a franchise QB and we don't so must be better than the stupid crap we pulled. 

They can keep him. That team isn’t going anywhere.  Maybe you should do some remembering around here. Think of the laundry list of excuses you and many others made for 2020. Would that change if our so called franchise quarterback were still here now or would you just exhaust yourself in a litany of more excuses? At least now you can focus yourself and blame all the problems on Hurts even if that clearly isn’t the case right? 

32 minutes ago, MF POON said:

You can list all the scrub players you want, but that doesn't excuse Carson's poor play last season. There were many times where WR's were actually open, yet Wentz missed badly. Also, good franchise QB's make scrubs look better than they are all the time. He didn't need to light it up, but give me some McNabb type numbers at least, cos throwing 16 TDs and 15 INTs ain't gonna cut it!

Missed the point.   Using raw stats to prove the point isn't going to mean anything.  Yes, his stats were bad, but they were actually in games.  Not so much with Hurts, but he can really rack up the garbage time stats when the game is out of reach.

I would love to see the list of franchise Qbs that played with 9 backups on the field at the same time and made them look better though.  It's been a while since I had a laugh.  Thanks for that.

31 minutes ago, MF POON said:

You can list all the scrub players you want, but that doesn't excuse Carson's poor play last season. There were many times where WR's were actually open, yet Wentz missed badly. Also, good franchise QB's make scrubs look better than they are all the time. He didn't need to light it up, but give me some McNabb type numbers at least, cos throwing 16 TDs and 15 INTs ain't gonna cut it!

It’s never the fault of the quarterback to the Wentz worshippers. They believe this guy is a franchise quarterback when he doesn’t make the talent around him better. All of this sudden beanbag kissing of Wentz by these 🤡 lately you would think the Cults had the best record in football. They aren’t even first in their own division. They don’t even have a winning recording they haven’t beaten anyone with a winning record. The Colts in 2020  with a supposedly worse quarterback were 4-2 at this point and eventually won 11 games. The Colts can keep Wentz and all of his beanbag worshippers can kick rocks and follow him there. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

1) Wrong. he's missed 8 regular season Games. Just for some comps in that range, Dak's missed 11, Burrow's missed 7, Jimmy G's missed close to 20. 

1a) he is great, showed you he's great and when he gets some talent around him in Indy, he will show you again(he's already a top 10QB out there)

2) Sure Rodgers produced an MVP season, then held out, held the franchise hostage and is out next year, and Rodgers is a top 5 guy all time

3) if you think Hurts/Wentz are close at ANYTHING in football you clearly dont watch the game

He beat the Ravens and his team let him down. He also has one of the worst WR cores in the league while missing his All Pro Olinemen 

but sure man, Wentz was the problem lol 

The delusions of the Wentz beanbaggers. It’s no wonder you fools think he won an MVP. It’s now wonder you believe he’s the greatest Eagles quarterback ever despite his 35-32 record as the Eagles starter. You give him credit for wins he didn’t even win. You give him credit for awards he didn’t even win. Now I see why you all ASSume the Eagles just win the Super Bowl in 2017 when the guy has never won a playoff game. He can do no wrong in the eyes of all of you, because you worship him. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The delusions of the Wentz beanbaggers. It’s no wonder you fools think he won an MVP. It’s now wonder you believe he’s the greatest Eagles quarterback ever despite his 35-32 record as the Eagles starter. You give him credit for wins he didn’t even win. You give him credit for awards he didn’t even win. Now I see why you all ASSume the Eagles just win the Super Bowl in 2017 when the guy has never won a playoff game. He can do no wrong in the eyes of all of you, because you worship him. 

I get it and totally agree but....you are wasting your time with these people....but I think you already know that. These people are delusional about their ginger jeezus...

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

People are gushing over Wentz and his 3-4 team with wins over bad football teams. You would think he’s undefeated or something. Would anything be different if Wentz were still here? Yes. The Wentz peanut gallery would be back to blaming everyone but Wentz for the problems of the Eagles. That’s all that changes despite Wentz not changing, and still being reckless with his body and the football. It’s kind of a joke this retrospective nonsense people are pulling these days. 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

1) Wrong. he's missed 8 regular season Games. Just for some comps in that range, Dak's missed 11, Burrow's missed 7, Jimmy G's missed close to 20. 

1a) he is great, showed you he's great and when he gets some talent around him in Indy, he will show you again(he's already a top 10QB out there)

2) Sure Rodgers produced an MVP season, then held out, held the franchise hostage and is out next year, and Rodgers is a top 5 guy all time

3) if you think Hurts/Wentz are close at ANYTHING in football you clearly dont watch the game

Bacarty 

1) So you are conveniently leaving out that there were 6 playoff games during Wentz’s time here. How many of those was he healthy for? 

2) Hardly held them hostage. He negotiated an exit which made sense with Love in the wings. And he’s playing great again this year.

3) I don’t know whether Hurts will be good or not, but as EE points out I do know that the same people who were saying Wentz was not to blame because of playcalling, poor O-Line play and not establishing the run are blasting Hurts, despite him being in the same situation.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Doug will go down as one of the worst HC's ever. (hence why he got ZERO calls when he was fired)

We already know Howie is an idiot. 

And wow. go figure, Wentz is a top 10 QB with a different franchise. 

Funny. The only guy you’re praising here is the only one who didn’t play or participated in the a super Bowl. 😂🤣😂

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bacarty 

1) So you are conveniently leaving out that there were 6 playoff games during Wentz’s time here. How many of those was he healthy for? 

2) Hardly held them hostage. He negotiated an exit which made sense with Love in the wings. And he’s playing great again this year.

3) I don’t know whether Hurts will be good or not, but as EE points out I do know that the same people who were saying Wentz was not to blame because of playcalling, poor O-Line play and not establishing the run are blasting Hurts, despite him being in the same situation.

Despite him being in the EXACT same situation.....it is uncanny and incredible to me.....

13 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bacarty 

That’s why I say put Minshew out there. These sorry Wentz worshippers hate Hurts, because they blame him for taking their god away. Look how happy they are with Wentz with a losing record. I guess him looking good in their eyes is more important than the team winning. Whatever just put Minshew out there so these sad sacks can get back to blaming everyone but the quarterback again. 

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s never the fault of the quarterback to the Wentz worshippers. They believe this guy is a franchise quarterback when he doesn’t make the talent around him better. All of this sudden beanbag kissing of Wentz by these 🤡 lately you would think the Cults had the best record in football. They aren’t even first in their own division. They don’t even have a winning recording they haven’t beaten anyone with a winning record. The Colts in 2020  with a supposedly worse quarterback were 4-2 at this point and eventually won 11 games. The Colts can keep Wentz and all of his beanbag worshippers can kick rocks and follow him there. 

"Wentz worshippers" have told you many times over that he shares blame with everyone else, and yet you continue to gloss over that. Your reading comprehension is either 💩 or you aren't very bright.

2 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

"Wentz worshippers" have told you many times over that he shares blame with everyone else, and yet you continue to gloss over that. Your reading comprehension is either 💩 or you aren't very bright.

If it doesn't fit his narrative or isn't confirmation bais, he doesn't care, and will not acknowledge.  He cant help himself, he is who he is. For this reason I choose not to engage with people who deliberately ignore facts that dont agree with them. It's futile. 

29 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So let me get this straight. 

I debunked everything you said(with facts) and then you just start saying things you *THINK* you know about me lol. 

Get a grip bud. Wentz wasnt the problem here. 

Wentz wasn't THE problem, everything was (and still is) the problem.  

39 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

He beat the Ravens and his team let him down. He also has one of the worst WR cores in the league while missing his All Pro Olinemen 

but sure man, Wentz was the problem lol 

Only take issue with point number 1... Dak and Burrow are not fair comparisons. I see injury prone as multiple injuries/a reoccurring injury which spans several years and impacts multiple seasons. Wentz was injury prone, and Jimmy G is a nightmare

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Missed the point.   Using raw stats to prove the point isn't going to mean anything.  Yes, his stats were bad, but they were actually in games.  Not so much with Hurts, but he can really rack up the garbage time stats when the game is out of reach.

I would love to see the list of franchise Qbs that played with 9 backups on the field at the same time and made them look better though.  It's been a while since I had a laugh.  Thanks for that.

Yet people use raw stats, and "garbage time" numbers for Hurts to say why he should be benched. You can't have it both ways.  

To be fair, McNabb played with backup quality WR's for the majority of his career, and he took us to NFC championships. Wentz couldn't even win a single playoff game here, and he's still given the benefit of the doubt on his shortcomings. 

Here's one thing I've said all along....I would rather have kept Wentz and gotten rid of Peterson, Howie and Lurie!  And yes we have 3 first round picks (or should)......if you are an individual that believes Howie is going to get this right in the draft, please say hi to Santa and the Easter Bunny for me!!

I love how these Wentz worshippers somehow absolve him from the 4 win record the Eagles had last season. Yeah he has nothing to do with it. 🙄

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Yet people use raw stats, and "garbage time" numbers for Hurts to say why he should be benched. You can't have it both ways.  

To be fair, McNabb played with backup quality WR's for the majority of his career, and he took us to NFC championships. Wentz couldn't even win a single playoff game here, and he's still given the benefit of the doubt on his shortcomings. 

Never have once.  I've used his bailing on the pocket, missing wide open WRs, running rather than looking to throw, inability to put the ball on target consistently, failure to properly read the RPO, failure to move to the second progression, and inability/unwillingness to use the middle and more recently the left side of the field.  

But, hey... have at it.   

McNabb also had a great OL, unlike what was out there in 2020 for the Eagles.  Keep trying though, you'll find a way to build a case to put everything on Wentz' shoulders.   He was bad, and that has been repeatedly admitted by just about everyone, but it was an ORGANIZATIONAL failure last year... it was literally a case of everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong.  But, to some, it was Wentz and only Wentz, apparently.

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

Here's one thing I've said all along....I would rather have kept Wentz and gotten rid of Peterson, Howie and Lurie!  And yes we have 3 first round picks (or should)......if you are an individual that believes Howie is going to get this right in the draft, please say hi to Santa and the Easter Bunny for me!!

I just don't think Wentz would've ever gotten back to his mvp like form here.  He was done with Philly and wanted out, so I'm glad for he and our sake that he's gone.  

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I love how these Wentz worshippers somehow absolve him from the 4 win record the Eagles had last season. Yeah he has nothing to do with it. 🙄

40v3d3.jpg

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don't absolve him but...when he had good coaches, healthy team, he was going to be the MVP and helped us get to the Super Bowl.  When he lost his coaches, and the team was a shell of itself, he regressed....gee....wonder why?

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

I just don't think Wentz would've ever gotten back to his mvp like form here.  He was done with Philly and wanted out, so I'm glad for he and our sake that he's gone.  

That's a completely different argument.  And likely true.  When a relationship is broken as badly as it was here, that is often the case and the need for a fresh start is often the best remedy.  But, Howie continues to poison the future of this team...

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's a completely different argument.  And likely true.  When a relationship is broken as badly as it was here, that is often the case and the need for a fresh start is often the best remedy.  But, Howie continues to poison the future of this team...

Like I've said, I don't trust Howie to make a left or right hand turn decision onto a one way street!  And F Lurie for blindly supporting him!   That Lurie press conference just about made me want to throw up.......

2 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Like I've said, I don't trust Howie to make a left or right hand turn decision onto a one way street!  And F Lurie for blindly supporting him!   That Lurie press conference just about made me want to throw up.......

Lurie is likely the puppet master behind Howie and so he doesn't want to lose his shield.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Never have once.  I've used his bailing on the pocket, missing wide open WRs, running rather than looking to throw, inability to put the ball on target consistently, failure to properly read the RPO, failure to move to the second progression, and inability/unwillingness to use the middle and more recently the left side of the field.  

But, hey... have at it.   

McNabb also had a great OL, unlike what was out there in 2020 for the Eagles.  Keep trying though, you'll find a way to build a case to put everything on Wentz' shoulders.   He was bad, and that has been repeatedly admitted by just about everyone, but it was an ORGANIZATIONAL failure last year... it was literally a case of everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong.  But, to some, it was Wentz and only Wentz, apparently.

Wentz also had plenty of issues - inability to read the defense, poor deep ball, tons of turnovers, etc. 

It's an organizational failure this year too. Have we not had injuries to our OL? have players not missed games due to covid?  2020 was bad, but Wentz also had issues which had nothing to do with the OL. 

Archived