EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

45 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Pretty simple really.

Depends on your definition of complete.

Complete as in master of everything? No QB is at that point in his career. Vast majority isn’t ever.

Complete as in high level NFL starter? I think he is. And with a lot of upside.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Mills playing like best rookie QB so far , I thought he could have landed in late rd 1  , he’s doing more with less 

He is.  Some of the major college programs aren’t preparing QB’s for the NFL, especially coming from Spread, Air Raid, shotgun style where the coach is pretty much the QB, not the other way around. 
 Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields weren’t even close to being ready to start, Fromm I know he was a later round pick, played at a top 10 college program in the country and yesterday he looked like it was first time he picked up a football.  
 We have QB’s now that can’t do a 3,5, or 7 step drop, and they need the Center to call out the MLB, and the deep safety.  Pickett was smart for staying at Pitt, he was involved in a lot of the play calling and he really matured this past college season.   He may not have the upside of Lawrence or Wilson, but I bet his rookie season will be far more productive.  

Since Kiffin was in the NFL, I’m really curious about Corral and how he performs next season.   

Guest justrelax
35 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

But he's from Iowa.

Don’t remind me.
I have been forced to recant my views. Wirfs is a helluva player, as was Yanda, and Scherff is also pretty good.

16 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Not taking sides in this shitshow of a conversation, but for those 132 f'ing times Hurts has averaged 5.6 yards per carry.  Lamar Jackson is averaging 5.8 and most everyone would say that Jackson is an excellent runner.  Hurts average in 2020 when he had half as many runs (63) was also 5.6 yards per carry.  

Accept the fact that you really don't want a QB to run at all, and as a result no amount of success by Hurts as a runner will make you happy.

Again, just because I can identify a fraud doesnt make me biased or whatever

I gave Hurts a chance.  Hes a fraud

11 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

We may be a better team, but our last 6 games have been against pretty bad teams.

Broncos

Saints

Giants

Jets

Washington

Giants

I wouldn’t have too much faith against anyone in the playoffs, but at least we are growing. Like a flower. 

They haven’t played a legit NFL QB since Herbert, hopefully Dak starts the last game of the season, the Eagles need to see what a legit NFL offense looks like before they head into the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So your comparing week 7 running back against GOAT Tom Brady in the playoffs.

Got it. 

1st Tom Brady is not - never was. And even if so he's not unbeatable. 2nd it was HOFer LaDanian Tomlinson at his best along with HOFer Drew Brees not just some week 7 running back.

Generally speaking I don't believe in a "GOAT" in anything but I'll make an exception to say this - you may be the GOAT tool.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Define "good value" in the context of your question.  I don't have a problem if the team moved on from him at any point, especially if we can get one of the QBs in this draft.  I'd never give him a 2nd contract.

I was much more interested in what you might think was "good value"

1 hour ago, aptosbird said:

I think the biggest positive takeaway from the game yesterday was the sense of joy from the Lane Johnson TD. Siriani understands the game needs to be fun too. That was truly happy moment in a divisional game. It may not seem like a big deal but winning teams have that intrinsic quality that excites players.

It was a Saint Nick moment.  Great to see the special tradition continued in Philly.

Just now, mattwill said:

It was a Saint Nick moment.  Great to see the special tradition continued in Philly.

Speaking of Saint Nick - it was nice to see Foles get the win yesterday. I don't usually follow and/or root for ex-eagles - but Foles will be forever special and I want him to do well (unless vs the Eagles).

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I really thought that’d be an issue. So glad to be wrong that him being so thin would be a problem

Agreed, but feeding him seems fruitless.

24 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Not taking sides in this shitshow of a conversation, but for those 132 f'ing times Hurts has averaged 5.6 yards per carry.  Lamar Jackson is averaging 5.8 and most everyone would say that Jackson is an excellent runner.  Hurts average in 2020 when he had half as many runs (63) was also 5.6 yards per carry.  

Accept the fact that you really don't want a QB to run at all, and as a result no amount of success by Hurts as a runner will make you happy.

I’ll gladly accept all of those things.

The Ravens are going nowhere…nowhere…with Lamar Jackson.

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Chargers are on the outside looking in, need help to become a playoff team while playing the Raiders(who they lost to) and the Broncos. 

So we are 0-4 against playoff teams all in the first quarter of the season when they went pass happy with a QB that isn't good at passing. 

If they play those teams now, it will be much more competitive.  As long as they stick to running the ball of course. 

59 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

As much as I hate the break in the game for reviews.  College does it better.

Agreed.

:50 mark - Having Dickerson and Mailata on the same side is a cheat code, the hole they open on that play are the kind you find playing Madden on rookie difficulty.

22 minutes ago, Infam said:

Depends on your definition of complete.

Complete as in master of everything? No QB is at that point in his career. Vast majority isn’t ever.

Complete as in high level NFL starter? I think he is. And with a lot of upside.

To me a complete QB who is also a franchise QB needs to be above average passing at minimum even if he excels at everything else. Hurts is not an above average passer. 

47 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

college also better with DPI calls , 15 yards not the god awful spot foul.

That, and the one foot in rule I like better as well, I think you’d get a lot less video reviews if that was the case.
  Being down without being touched I hate, it’s lead to some cool highlights in the pros. The college sized football should be standard for the NFL, but college should have the same width hash marks as the NFL. 

In the offseason Smith and Waddle both worked with an NFL ball, not for the size difference, but the NFL ball is harder to pick up in the air since it’s missing the white stripes of the college ball.  I think it’s obvious Chase being off an entire season didn’t work out with an NFL ball, he dropped a bunch of passes in pre season because he couldn’t see it at night in the lights. 

58 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

there 0-5 this year against playoff teams

You cite that as if it is Gospel.  I'll take probability over Gospel any day ... and possibility over absolutism as well.

Getting the chance to see what the possibilities are is my bottom-line.  I believe we are playing with house money at this point.

15 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

:50 mark - Having Dickerson and Mailata on the same side is a cheat code, the hole they open on that play are the kind you find playing Madden on rookie difficulty.

It’s actual the threat of Hurts as a runner that opened that hole, but they did okay. 

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

We may be a better team, but our last 6 games have been against pretty bad teams.

Broncos

Saints

Giants

Jets

Washington

Giants

I wouldn’t have too much faith against anyone in the playoffs, but at least we are growing. Like a flower. 

Ferris, why prejudge the outcome?  What possible good comes from doing so? Are you not going to watch them if they make the playoffs?  Of course you aren't.  So I say enjoy the ride.  We have twice as many wins as any of us expected, and three 1st round picks in the Draft and a coaching staff that has exceeded expectations.  Life as an Eagle fan is not perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

13 minutes ago, mattwill said:

You cite that as if it is Gospel.  I'll take probability over Gospel any day ... and possibility over absolutism as well.

Getting the chance to see what the possibilities are is my bottom-line.  I believe we are playing with house money at this point.

Not me. I'll take the gospel. :D

8 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

It’s actual the threat of Hurts as a runner that opened that hole, but they did okay. 

I See What You Did There GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

21 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Sanders can't be relied on.  Howard and Scott are nice role players.  Get a legit RB behind this line and you could have a 100 yard rusher every week.  

I'd love to see them go after Leonard Fournette on a 2-year deal, draft someone like Isaiah Spiller or Kyren Williams and mix in some Kenny Gainwell....that would be a nice backfield. 

9 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Ferris, why prejudge the outcome?  What possible good comes from doing so? Are you not going to watch them if they make the playoffs?  Of course you aren't.  So I say enjoy the ride.  We have twice as many wins as any of us expected, and three 1st rond picks in the Draft and a coaching staff that has exceeded expectations.  Life as an Eagle fan is not perfect, but it is pretty damn good.

That isn't Ferris, "Wentz_Era" is Ferris

1 minute ago, greend said:

That isn't Ferris "Wentz_Era is Ferris

I stand corrected.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, greend said:

Not me. I'll take the gospel. :D

Pascal would be proud.

Archived